HHN 2016 Discussion

Murdy said on twitter that we should whisper the twitter password to the Krampus character to get the exclusive item.

Since almost all the items have been gone within the first hour of the event. Feel like a jerk now since opening weekend I just said the passwords out loud for anyone to hear..

Forgive me Halloween gods..

14 hours ago, Ghostsarejerks said:

So in major news from Terror Tram, the crowd backup nightmares have been resolved by adding a second path more akin to the traditional route. They also added 30 people to the cast to flesh it out

Been saying this since day one, but does anyone listen to DTH? Nooooo.

Also, does this mean the other path is more bare in props? I think that would suck, to not be in the know, and go a different way only to get a lesser experience. 

13 hours ago, Grimmsquid said:

Murdy said on twitter that we should whisper the twitter password to the Krampus character to get the exclusive item.

Since almost all the items have been gone within the first hour of the event. Feel like a jerk now since opening weekend I just said the passwords out loud for anyone to hear..

Forgive me Halloween gods..

I never know how to do it either, like I wanna be clever and slip the word into conversation but usually I'm just like "gimme my dang prize!" Haha

1 hour ago, DTH316 said:

Been saying this since day one, but does anyone listen to DTH? Nooooo.

Also, does this mean the other path is more bare in props? I think that would suck, to not be in the know, and go a different way only to get a lesser experience. 

I never know how to do it either, like I wanna be clever and slip the word into conversation but usually I'm just like "gimme my dang prize!" Haha

Yeah, there's a good number of hanging clown things but there's no more kill scenes on the alternate path

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JGmoney1996 said:

Are you allowed to choose which path to take? And which one is the right one for future reference?

You aren't allowed to choose but try to get the left path. I was forced into the right one last night and it ruined the experience for me. I didn't get to see any of the cool set pieces just normal boring war of the worlds sets. 

I went last last night and all I have to say is, the hype is 1000% real. This is the best year of HHN. But I've had a long day of filming and orientation for a local haunt so I'll write my review tomorrow

• Like 3

14 hours ago, JGmoney1996 said:

Are you allowed to choose which path to take? And which one is the right one for future reference?

They try to get people into one or the other, but you could take either path.  Did TT twice and took opposite routes.  Really not much different since the attraction is shorter than usual. 

So I got bored and was calculating...

Knotts and HHN have produced almost the same amount of traditional mazes since 2006.

Knotts has 46 (if we're not counting the Trapped or Special Ops variations)

HHN has 42.

HHN is catching up. Wow.

[My math may be a bit off, so feel free to double check it]

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Emmie said:

I see people mentioning that Freddy vs. Jason had two different endings. What do they mean? I only went through it once and got headless Jason... I'm guessing the other ending is just two different actors/costumes? 

The other ending is Freddy with headless Jason. The winner changes between the two endings 

18 hours ago, DTH316 said:

Anyone remember when the price of an unlimited FOL was $69? I remember thinking that was expensive.... and VIP was $159. 

Crazy how things change in only a few years. 

The regular prices are more expensive than those now... tsk tsk.

I can only imagine how expensive VIP would have been if it was done this year.

---

At the park atm.. They changed the layout of the Purge gauntlet and added TV's at the entrance to get people to notice it. I think they need a sign of some sort than just the projections. 

Lines are also bearable but Krampus has been a 10 mins wait since 6...

It was close to 11, so I didn't think there would be anything left. I told him the password quietly, and he stopped walking, looked over his shoulder to the left and right very mysteriously, and leaned into me and told me a package had been delivered to me. He reached into his back and pull out a Krampus card. The whole thing was very cool, and very mysterious. 

So I'm writing this post a day late because I was at Disney all day today, but now that I've gone 3 nights and finally have seen all the houses, I'll give my standings as they are now, I plan on writing a full review after the event is over, which you totally should expect to be written shortly after the event is over, it's not like I haven't even written my 2015 review yet. Whatever here are my rankings. 

6. Texas Chainsaw Massacre: Blood Brothers 

5. Halloween: Hell comes to Haddenfield

4. Krampus

3. Freddy vs Jason

2. American Horror Story

1. The Exorcist

Also I give them an A+ for effort on terror tram, execution is another thing.

p.s. While unfortunately I was 2 people off from being the first guests into Krampus for the night, I take full pride in being the first to get the postcard for the night.

20 hours ago, Grimmsquid said:

The second tram route really feels rushed and I hate being forced into which route to take.

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!! That right there is what ruined Terror Tram for me. I would have enjoyed it a lot more if I was allowed into going thru the original route into the clown mouth. The one time they actually tried to make it really good has been ruined by that. When that happened to me, there was just a small handful of people going into the original and then the attendant yelled at me to take the lame route. 

Look, I understand they're trying to disperse crowds. Forcing people would be understandable If one side was full, but when there's only five people walking quickly on the side side I want to go WAY ahead of me and the attendant makes me stop and take the crap path, that is total baloney sandwich. 

"Sir, both sides are the same." NO THEYRE FREAKING NOT LIAR!!!!!! "You have to go that way." There's no one around! Let me go where I wish to go!

Having that experience pissed me off pretty bad. I hope they let you choose where you want to go pretty soon, at least when crowds are light. 

• Like 2