HHN 25 Discussion

Sort of. It a prop for a fake movie called Das Schurke

Right, it's the disaster spin off of Jaws. Except, per a Google search of "das shurke", it says that the shark head is "Bruce" the mechanical shark from the final scene of the jaws ride. It's from Wikipedia, but still.

• Like 1

im going to retract my list. family member was an intern and had meetings in regards to hhn. im not a troll. just got wrong info. hes an idiot lol i blame him. he misheard info. and wasnt told of run so u can see the seperation of BC and PS. sorry lol

This is amazing. I was waiting for this backpeddling all month. lol

But apparently he was allowed inside the studio houses, is high up the food chain as an intern who made a poster for a skill game, and he was clearly strongly opinionated about how Pschoscarapy and Body Collectors would never be combined because it made no sense. He knew about Jack's new look and how Alice wasn't 3d, and how the streets were all gonna be carnival themed, and he hasn't "heard" about Run somehow, but knew about the stage show's theme. You are speaking as though his internship was in the past, and it must be as you wouldn't want a family member fired for leaking information...yet somehow he knew The Purge was the last minute replacement. Give it up already.

im a dumb kid, i lied about everything. just wanted to be cool if u guys thought i knew stuff. sorry

• Like 2

The UtH tour is the biggest reason I want a full reveal soon, so I know which houses are apart of which tour so I can book the one I want before they sell out. 

My guess is basically the same as everyone else's. AWiL, Anniv., Blizzard, FvJ, Insidious, TWD. Only one I'm iffy on is Purge in place of AWiL, only because they've done the exact same house on the tour before. But considering how many people will want a picture with the wolves (including me) and how great it is scenic wise, I can see it coming back.

did u guys see the pics of props in the streets? what did that broken down gazebo looking thing look like to u guys? or what type of scarezone do u think its for?

NO YOU CAN'T TALK YET!

Just joking buddy, it is for our supposed psycho scarepy: fall festival scarezone. Inmates escape to the streets, cause mass chaos, good ol fun

• Like 5

I'm currently at USO and cut under a rope at Disaster to go to the prop area (I asked for permission; I'm not a rebel), and I could see a bit of the house construction. The entrance to the house looked like it was where the Disaster queue house normally lets out. Also there was an arch way with red and yellow fun house lights. I snapped a picture but it won't load, I'll share when I get home tonight 

I saw your pic on the construction thread and I think you may have found something way cooler than an arch...

RUN Sign.PNG

• Like 7

im a dumb kid, i lied about everything. just wanted to be cool if u guys thought i knew stuff. sorry

What? Noooooo. Shocking. 

It's people like you that make things difficult for every other new person that actually has legitimate information. 

Aren't there rules in place about how old you have to be to be on here? 

Mod note: I feel like I must address something here that is becoming a hindrance in our discussion.

Those who think they may have some inside info about the event please consider that you are risking your credibility and your reputation. I realize we all love rumors and I do like to post about simple rumors here and there I hear going around regarding HHN and the parks; however, when you post with the "this is happening FOR SURE" tone, realize you are putting your credibility and, most likely, your reputation on the line. Be prepared for criticism and correction if proven wrong.

With that said, let's be professional and civil when it comes to such. No need for harsh language or condescending posts. There is certainly room for civil discussion and criticism in an adult manner, but we must keep it that way. I had to hide a couple of more harsh posts to keep our posting environment more enjoyable to post in. Please think for a second to filter your thoughts before posting. Thanks guys!

Quoting this for posterity.

• Like 5

I know it's very early to speculate as to what might show up at HHN 26 seeing as 25 hasn't even gotten underway yet, but any chance Orlando gets This is The End next year assuming all goes well? 

I would say I doubt it, as it wont be relevant anymore, but it's not relevant already this year and they're still doing it, so who knows. I wouldn't expect it honestly. Actually wish we did it this year. I'm so curious as to how it turns out lol.

That chainlink extending outside of the actual house makes me happy. I feel this house has the strongest chance of flopping, but it could also be really great.

I know it's very early to speculate as to what might show up at HHN 26 seeing as 25 hasn't even gotten underway yet, but any chance Orlando gets This is The End next year assuming all goes well? 

I don't think there's really any chance, no matter how good it is. I'd say Crimson Peak is more likely, but even that's not that likely.

I would say I doubt it, as it wont be relevant anymore, but it's not relevant already this year and they're still doing it, so who knows. I wouldn't expect it honestly. Actually wish we did it this year. I'm so curious as to how it turns out lol.

That chainlink extending outside of the actual house makes me happy. I feel this house has the strongest chance of flopping, but it could also be really great.

I would honestly prefer This is The End over The Purge but it would've been pretty hard to change Scream to it this late in the game. 

Really glad they're bringing pumpkins back, brings back a really Halloween feel.

• Like 1

Signing on for the first time since I saw the Purge announcement and caught up on the last 10 pages or so explaining what happened. I understand that Universal really didn't have a lot of choice in this matter but it still sucks to lose Scream for The Purge. Scream is one of the best slashers ever and I was really stoked for it. With it's cancellation, that might be the straw that stops me from attending this year.

So can anyone confirm if it was originally based on the show? If it was, why would A&D agree to it? The show is fucking awful and is a slap in the face to any of the movies. Seriously there is a reason it is rated as one of the worst shows on TV by sites like AV Club. Generic plot, horrible dialogue, terrible acting and awful characters. Even by MTV standards it is so bad in every possible way. I can't believe it was renewed for another season but teenagers watch stupid shows I guess. I couldn't continue after episode 3.

So if everything that went down last week had to do with rights issues with the house being based on the movies vs the TV show, why would they have chose this property knowing full well that they couldn't do the movies beforehand? Did they think it would become a huge hit or something? I mean the writing was on the wall when everyone involved with the movies distanced themselves from it.

If the house was going to be based on the show then I'm happy that the Purge replaced it. But if it was going to be the movies, man what a bummer. So much potential with the original alone. 

I just can't see A&D not knowing that they couldn't use stuff from the movies beforehand. No way would they waste an IP for the big anniversary on a show that was not guaranteed to be a hit. If they knew in advance they seriously should have chosen something else right when the rights holder said no. Now it's just a huge mess with marketing.

The Purge fits but it still feels like a wasted IP when we could possibly see it again next year for the 3rd sequel. I feel like maybe we could have gotten Crimson Peak or possibly something even better to replace this idea once they found out that the movie was off limits. It completely made sense in the leaked list because the original is a huge IP but no one wanted the show. It's ratings are nowhere near AHS which pulls around a 1.8 - 2.2 in the 18-49 demo. The last episode of Scream pulled a 0.3. To give everyone an idea how big TWD is, it regularly pulls 7.0 - 8.0 and even higher for season openings/finales. Plus that makes 3 properties repeating this year that have been at HHN very recently (TWD, AWIL & The Purge).

I don't know, overall like a lot of others, I'm just not that excited this year. The main house I'm looking forward to is Freddy vs Jason but I don't see it living up to the classic NOES house from a few years back. I doubt they did a new cue video like they did for Dreamwalkers. Besides that I'm really only looking forward to the return of the Body Snatchers.

Insidious will be cool to walk through but I hated the 3rd movie. The second has scenes that will fit really well into a house though.

I'm a huge fan of it and understand it being back but TWD this season isn't right for a house. The press didn't even mention Alexandria so I guess it's going to be based off the first half of the season minus the Atlanta scenes. Last years house was fun but I've been bummed about this property ever since it's return the second time around. Still kind of shocked AMC won't let the characters be used after how much money this makes them. 

Not excited about the return of AWIL. I wasn't raving over the house like everyone else the first time around. It was good but I liked Halloween last year way better. I thought the Piccadilly scene in the original was hugely lacking scare actors so maybe they'll fix that? Not sure what else they can do with it. Once again feels like a waste of an IP.

Anniversary House was forgettable the first time around so I hope this ones better. Alice has been done to death and I hate the 3D gimmick. That idea is better for something like Howl O Scream. Don't care about RUN either.

So I'm stoked about two houses and pretty meh on all the others especially at the price with Express Pass. All of that will amount to like $200 for a total of 8 minutes. I'm kind of on the fence about attending right now but don't want to miss Freddy vs. Jason. Losing Scream was big for me.

• Like 1