HHN 25 Discussion

I appreciate you having a different opinion. Let me ask you, do you think the zone will be "scary" then? Or even any of the zones? Most of them (at this point) don't seem that way at all.

Scarezones never really scare me. I just can't be scared of something in an open area which I can see coming, really. So I mainly look at zones based on setting. The Icon Zone will likely be like 7 / Face Off (Stages and Minions), though the Icon appeal probably will make it better than Face Off (Can't speak much for 7.). That was another sorta problem with Face Off, was that the photo op appeal was useless if you weren't a Face Off fan, IMO. New York, I feel the tacky decorations sorta fit the idea, and they may look cooler under lights or whatever. Can't speak for the other zones because there's nothing really there (except for the Central Park pumpkins.)

EDIT: Just realized the icon banners look like carnival sideshow type banners, which makes sense.

Edited by ForeverEvil1
  • Like 1

Disagree. I personally think it looks cool. Not everything has to be dark and realistic.

Agreed. I think they look fantastic. 

I appreciate you having a different opinion. Let me ask you, do you think the zone will be "scary" then? Or even any of the zones? Most of them (at this point) don't seem that way at all.

I would think it depends on what scares you. My wife is petrified of random acts of violence, but zombies? Well since they don't exist, not scary at all, but they sure are cool to look at. That's how I see this entire event. The more dynamic and different the zones and houses are, the better. Some real, some childish, some dark, some cartoony, that would be the perfect mixture for me. Therefore, I'm loving what I'm seeing. Will jumpy-outy things make me jump? Sure. Will I have nightmares because I saw a costumed Freddy? I sure hope so, but it's very unlikely.  

• Like 5

Everything can't be dark and sinister looking. I feel like the Scarezone is going to have a "carnival" theme so the hand drawn look of the posters and the size of them fit. Just because a poster doesn't look scary doesn't mean the zone won't be scary as a whole. Granted, if past "Icon" zones are any indication, this will be the major "Photo Op" zone of the year.

I personally love the posters. Not having FEAR and Bloody Mary make sense. Leaving Lady Luck out kinda does to. Nothing about her was even remotely scary and she seemed like a major failed attempt by marketing to create a new "Icon". Personally, I was hoping the Voodoo Queen would come back! She was FANTASTIC last year! Even though her show got cut REALLY short, her interactions with guests while roaming the zone were amazing. 

• Like 1

So now that we have those pictures of the banners with the icons on them in Hollywood Blvd, do you guys think the zone will be more like "Se7en"/"Face Off" (each icon having a mini stage and having minions roam around) or more like the "Fear Revealed" Boone back in 2010 (icons having their own mini sets/props ) ? I'd like it if they did a la "Fear Revealed" but included the minions/henchmen. 

And for the record, everytime one of you guys mentioned how Bloody Mary was obviously not going to be there my heart broke more and more. ROF was my first ever HHN and Bloody Mary is personally my favorite icon. Just wish we'd get to see her again in future HHN (but the most likely won't happen).

So now that we have those pictures of the banners with the icons on them in Hollywood Blvd, do you guys think the zone will be more like "Se7en"/"Face Off" (each icon having a mini stage and having minions roam around) or more like the "Fear Revealed" Boone back in 2010 (icons having their own mini sets/props ) ? I'd like it if they did a la "Fear Revealed" but included the minions/henchmen. 

And for the record, everytime one of you guys mentioned how Bloody Mary was obviously not going to be there my heart broke more and more. ROF was my first ever HHN and Bloody Mary is personally my favorite icon. Just wish we'd get to see her again in future HHN (but the most likely won't happen).

who is saying she won't be there? Just because she doesn't have a banner means that they omitted her completely. I've heard of other characters that will be in there that were not icons but popular characters none the less.

• Like 1

who is saying she won't be there? Just because she doesn't have a banner means that they omitted her completely. I've heard of other characters that will be in there that were not icons but popular characters none the less.

You are very right! They could possibly include her in the zone and just not make it official (for obvious reasons). Guess we will have to wait til the event starts to see! Now you got me hoping we see her in some shape or form at the event this year, either in this scare zone or the anniversary house. I remember seeing her in the Hollowd Past house back in 2010, that made me really happy. 

• Like 1

So I get it. Yeah yeah yeah, Walking Dead is back, a bunch of IPs and the return of AWIL. But as far as I'm concerned, AWIL is probably gonna be the first actual repeat/carbon copy of a house from a previous year. 

Say what you will about the new found prominence of IPs, but just because there has been a lack of original ideas, we've still been getting a unique Horror Nights experience every single year that was different from the previous one. 

Edited by Eckert
  • Like 6

I love all you guys, but the negativity recently is really thick. I'm a glass half full type of guy and I will be happy with whatever happens.

More IP's with less original houses means Universal can more concentrate on the original houses because IP's have a fleshed out story with iconic scenes they don't have to create from scratch.

Think of the positives. Shit happens, man. Life goes on. HHN will be great. Bill & Ted will be most excellent.

The constant complaining really derails the normally great conversations here and drives people away from our great forum.

• Like 10

Random bunch of things from Fowl Owlerson's source(s) on Twitter (Writer for Attractions Magazine) (Nothing is official until confirmed, just relaying because it's interesting info IF true):

• Icon Zone is the 7 / Face Off format (Stages and Minions) (For example: Jack will have Carnies)
  • No Bloody Mary, No Fear, and No Crypt Keeper
  • Lady Luck and Jack WILL be in the Icon Zone
  • Icon Maze appears to be classic scenes from houses with Icons replacing key characters (Storyteller replacing Big Bad Wolf in a Scary Tales scene was an example given.). That wasn't the exact statement, but that's what I gathered
  • Eddie won't be in Icon House (Hinting that he may be in RUN after all.) 
  • Bill & Ted will have 2 casts, so there could be more shows
Edited by ForeverEvil1
  • Like 5

Are they doing two casts because of the longer nights? Or will they be adding additional show times? 

The Icon Maze sounds like it will set the backstory for some of the icons then, for us newbies; like seeing Storyteller in a Scary Tales scene.

I don't know. Again, I don't know if any of this is even true. This is something from someone else's source. 

• Like 1

I believe that time heals all wounds and I think that although it looks like Scream will never come to the event after this disaster, it will. In about 5 years time, when the TV show is long gone and people want to see Scream, they will give it one more shot. Just my opinion. 

As for the gazebo, hard to say what it will look like with lighting and effects. 

I do have a question/theory about it:

Is the coloring/paint good for projections? It's just something that stood out to me, and I feel that may be the reason for the coloring. 

This is partly what I was getting it (just worded it incorrectly). It looked odd in the picture, so I was curious and I was wondering if those of you on the ground in person (to see up close) or those of you who might possibly set up these sort of these things had any more information as to why it could look the way it did. 

Attendance will start to plunge like any cyclical trend.  Then they'll start doing up charge houses which will open another revenue stream.  Once those open, they don't typically close.

TL:DR - I've said it a lot this week; I'll bitch about parts of the event, I know what the current M.O. Is, but I'll have fun regardless.

I completely agree with this statement.

Edited by ThNdIzNiR

I love all you guys, but the negativity recently is really thick. I'm a glass half full type of guy and I will be happy with whatever happens.

More IP's with less original houses means Universal can more concentrate on the original houses because IP's have a fleshed out story with iconic scenes they don't have to create from scratch.

Think of the positives. Shit happens, man. Life goes on. HHN will be great. Bill & Ted will be most excellent.

The constant complaining really derails the normally great conversations here and drives people away from our great forum.

No offense, but you've attended the last two years. There's a very valid reason why people are complaining now.

There's not much to talk about until the event starts. At some point we'll have a reveal but we know everything entirely.

I guess when the event is treated like a daily excursion it can be compared to other events in terms of cost. But speaking as a Canadian, who has nothing t compare the event to, Universal in general is expensive. A four day trip to Universal (and MNSSHP tickets) costs roughly $4000 for two people. So next time you shell out $100 and think, wow this is expensive, think of the people who have nothing even close in their backyard and need to shell out $1000 just to fly to Orlando. You Orlandians have an embarrassment of riches and its causing you to be overly critical methinks.

Amen brother!!  I don't have to fly all the way from Canada, but Chicago is far enough.  Every year, i envy these people here who can get a FFP and go any time they want.  I am lucky in that my family owns a condo not far from the park, so that takes a huge cost out of it for me - but I still fly down with my fiancee and our best friend three separate weekends.. and yes, it costs.  But to me, it's worth it.

• Like 1

He's not the most reliable of sources. He also said there's a Body Collector's scene in the Anniversary house, which would make literally no sense with Blizzard right next door. Earlier this year he said we were getting an AHS house too, and he's been wrong a lot in the past, so some of it might actually happen, but I don't put a lot of stock into his "sources".

I LOVE the decorations in the street so far. NY looks like a city during Halloween when something goes wrong, which is what's happening. The Carnival-ish banners down Hollywood Blvd. look great and would make a lot of sense. CP is your standard traditional decor for that area, and I'm so happy it's back. Good chance the reveal is in 6 days, but if not, there is at most 9 days until our full reveal!

• Like 1

Random bunch of things from Fowl Owlerson's source(s) on Twitter (Writer for Attractions Magazine) (Nothing is official until confirmed, just relaying because it's interesting info IF true):

• Icon Zone is the 7 / Face Off format (Stages and Minions) (For example: Jack will have Carnies)
  • No Bloody Mary, No Fear, and No Crypt Keeper
  • Lady Luck and Jack WILL be in the Icon Zone
  • Icon Maze appears to be classic scenes from houses with Icons replacing key characters (Storyteller replacing Big Bad Wolf in a Scary Tales scene was an example given.). That wasn't the exact statement, but that's what I gathered
  • Eddie won't be in Icon House (Hinting that he may be in RUN after all.) 
  • Bill & Ted will have 2 casts, so there could be more shows

So wait... I know you said the source isn't solid but...  Are you saying that there is a slight possibility that there could be 2 different versions of the Bill & Ted Show?

Edited by ThNdIzNiR

No offense, but you've attended the last two years. There's a very valid reason why people are complaining now.

There's not much to talk about until the event starts. At some point we'll have a reveal but we know everything entirely.

I might have only gone the last two years but that does not make me a rookie to HHN. I was born in Orlando. I grew up in Orlando. My family has been going to these events for a long time now. I've looked at plenty of discussions and speculation over the past few years. I love researching HHN and local haunts. I like watching videos of behind the scenes and walkthroughs. I HAVE A YEARNIN FOR LEARNIN BABY! I love talking to my uncle and sister who have gone to most of these events prior to me going. But most of all.... I get why you are complaining.

...But that does not make it any less annoying for other people to have to sift through to find the good discussions. You've voiced your discontent for how Universal is handling the situation and stated how you wish it could be fixed. End of story, there doesn't have to be 8 pages of whining and complaining after that. It makes people complain about your complaining and the whole damn thing starts all over again. Let's get back to the speculation or talk about what's going on right now. Everything isn't true until it's announced anyway.

• Like 8

So wait... I know you said the source isn't solid but...  There is a slight possibility that there could be 2 different versions of the Bill & Ted Show?

What was said on Twitter was that would just mean there would be constant shows throughout the night. Nothing about a second version.

Amen brother!!  I don't have to fly all the way from Canada, but Chicago is far enough.  Every year, i envy these people here who can get a FFP and go any time they want.  I am lucky in that my family owns a condo not far from the park, so that takes a huge cost out of it for me - but I still fly down with my fiancee and our best friend three separate weekends.. and yes, it costs.  But to me, it's worth it.

Yeah... No kidding. I also make a bit of a journey from the Boston area each year. If all I had to worry about was a FFP  and driving back and forth (parking) I probably wouldn't care what the lineup was. ^_^

What was said on Twitter was that would just mean there would be constant shows throughout the night. Nothing about a second version.

Awwww... You had my hopes up for a second. hehe

• Like 1

I was always under the impression she would never return due to the trademarking that was done.  So either Uni would need to purchase the rights to show Bloody Mary or put Dr. Mary Agana on one of the stages instead.  In which case they'd nix that idea altogether.

Yeah... No kidding. I also make a bit of a journey from the Boston area each year. If all I had to worry about was a FFP  and driving back and forth (parking) I probably wouldn't care what the lineup was. ^_^

This is true and a lot of times I vent frustrations but it's always in the back of my mind the convenience I have of stopping in after work for a few hours and living minutes away from the park.  Florida residents do get a great deal with FFP w/Express.  20 or so nights with Express for almost the same price as someone's general admission and EP for one night.  I do have empathy for those that travel to the event from afar.  However, after living here 20 years, you still care about the lineup.  I've realized I've become more desensitized to the event from going so often.  I do remember back when I just went once or twice a year to the event.  You always get a different outlook on something you frequently see versus just a couple times a year.

You always get a different outlook on something you frequently see versus just a couple times a year.

There have been a few times I've imagined how awesome it would be to live down there during HHN (yet I also wouldn't want to give up my New England fall). I'm pretty sure if my little group lived down there last year, you would have probably seen us because we would have ended up living in the Myers house watching The Thing (from Another World) on the couch. 

• Like 1

Amen brother!!  I don't have to fly all the way from Canada, but Chicago is far enough.  Every year, i envy these people here who can get a FFP and go any time they want.  I am lucky in that my family owns a condo not far from the park, so that takes a huge cost out of it for me - but I still fly down with my fiancee and our best friend three separate weekends.. and yes, it costs.  But to me, it's worth it

See the trick to going especially if you traveling long distances to come is fly in on a Wednesday and get a FFP.

This allows you to go 2 nights for the cost of 1 admission. Hell this year due to the dates I am going I get 3 nights for the price of 1

Edited by darkdelusions

(yet I also wouldn't want to give up my New England fall). 

I grew up in New England.  I miss the fall up there and changing of the seasons.  Do not miss the winters one bit.  I PM'd you.

And maybe...

LOL, so cryptic.  The Force is strong with this one...