HHN 25 Discussion

Agree with AiW, Run and 25 Years of Horror, but I'm really hoping they don't call Blizzard that, if not because it sounds lame, but because the entrance will literally be 30ft away from Freddy VS Jason. 

I was thinking about Asylum in Wonderland, but I feel like they'll just call it Alice so more will recognize it. RUN For Your Life's pretty cool, YDKJ. I feel like Carnival of Carnage helps setup the carnival theme, and is a callback to 07's event, which featured Jack, Freddy, Jason, and PS.

PS vs BC is the easiest option to include both franchises in the title, so that's what I'm going with. 

Yeah, it probably will just be Alice in Wonderland, but hey. Agreed that RUN For Your Life is cool. 

• Like 1

Alice: Through the Looking Glass 3D

Run: Maze of Madness or...

Run: Maze of Mirrors (extremely wishful thinking) or..

Run: Maniac's Maze (I like alliteration) 

Blizzard is difficult. How do you embody both franchises with one name. 

Body Collectors: Assistants Needed?

The anniversary names given so far seem likely and I can't think of a more fitting name right now.

That video sucked. Period.

HHN25 will be a letdown. Promise you.

I have to agree to this possibility taking place. The reason why I believe this is because there just isn't much on the list of attractions that I'm looking forward to seeing. I know I'm not alone in this. I mean, C'mon... they had a whole group of people who were really looking forward to seeing Scream that they let down. They may have picked up the Purge, but just how good will it be with only a month or so to get everything put together? So the way I see it, 1 house already will most likely be a semi-fail. Next, we just had AWiL 2 years ago, so I (along with many others) could care less if they brought that back. Also, at this point even I (who is a huge TWD fan) could get by without seeing another year of TWD at HHN. Furthermore, I never got to see the original Run house that everyone said they enjoyed so much, but from what I gather, what made it so great was something that they can no longer replicate in this day and age of rushed mile long conga lines. So with that being said, of all the houses to choose from throughout the years (or maybe even try to make an original) why bother with Run? At this point, from where I'm standing, it seems like another potential error. God knows what this anniversary type house is going to consist of as far as it's story goes. I have a feeling it is going to be rather weak. The PsychoScareapy B.C. house seemed like nothing more than a combination of 3 fan favorites crammed into 1 house (Psychoscareapy/Body Collectors/Snow from Winter's Night). Although some might think this is a good thing, in my opinion, I think it's lame (cramming). As far as Alice in Wonderland goes... any person who has gone to a significant number of haunted attractions has already seen this done already. But oh well, they are going to do it. I suppose I can compare them. So basically the only house I'm really looking forward to seeing is the Freddy vs. Jason house (also to compare) and slightly wanting to see Insidious. I also love the Bill & Ted Show, so there is always that. Hopefully Jack's show will be worth watching more than 1 time. I know I sound like a Debbie Downer, but this is the 1st time going into a HHN that I haven't looked forward to seeing more than at least a couple of the houses. I hope things turn out to be ok in the end. 

• Like 1

That's why it's best to go in with zero expectations.  Then you have nowhere to go but up, or they meet the zero expectations.  Right now I'm just looking forward to Blizzard and Asylum.  Then I have a little bit of interest in Insidious.  I liked the movies and thought Hollywood's houses looked good via YouTube.  I've said it before - if they bring the pumpkins back in the CP trees, I'll be happy.  That's the last time I felt immersed in the event.  But I also get a FFP so we'll stop in for a few hours after work on Wednesdays and Thursdays.  So my outlook doesn't have the urgency that some have for doing only a couple nights.  I do feel bad for all those who bought tickets solely to see Scream.

• Like 2

VERY few people bought tickets to see scream, and it was a mistake on their part. 

Nothing is ever official until it is official, and they should have known that. Most the GP unaware of the scream rumors, will want to go because they get another headlining movie as far as they can tell. 

• Like 1

Alice: Through the Looking Glass 3D

Run: Maze of Madness or...

Run: Maze of Mirrors (extremely wishful thinking) or..

Run: Maniac's Maze (I like alliteration) 

Blizzard is difficult. How do you embody both franchises with one name. 

Body Collectors: Assistants Needed?

The anniversary names given so far seem likely and I can't think of a more fitting name right now.

Frozen collections
Trapped
Dead Cold
Ice hunt
Frozen Bedlam
Icy heart
Spine Tingler

IDK plenty of names... The thing is it would be stupid to do BC: or PS: because it's both (or the ultra stupid BCvsPS... because now it's just a video game I guess). Just give it a name and leave it at that.

• Like 2

That video sucked. Period.

HHN25 will be a letdown. Promise you.

Glad that you've already experienced all 9 houses and therefore could correctly make this statement. Which house was your favorite?

As for 2 in 1 being A&D's favorite, that doesn't mean Hallowd Past isn't good.. it's just that if this house scares half as amazing as the sets look, we're in for a special one.

• Like 8

If at the end of HHN 22 you were told that at HHN 25 there would be a return of scare zones, 9 houses, the return of Jack, and as a bonus the park would be open until at least 1am every night (no more 12am), how would you feel?

Yet somehow... that house list has still left me not feeling too excited this year.

You don't think they could have done a bit better? 

• Like 1

If at the end of HHN 22 you were told that at HHN 25 there would be a return of scare zones, 9 houses, the return of Jack, and as a bonus the park would be open until at least 1am every night (no more 12am), how would you feel?

Yet somehow... that house list has still left me not feeling too excited this year.

I was looking back at some of the links for past years.  2008 was my fave year and they had advertising verbiage very similar to this year about most scare zone actors than ever before.  Almost like it's all window dressing.  I'm not sure what I was expecting for the 25th, but it certainly wasn't what's been presented thus far.

What I'm saying is, what makes you the authority on how many people knew about the leaked list - from April no less?  And aside from a freak contractual incident, the list has been accurate.  I've seen plenty of posts on this board, other HHN boards and Twitter to know there were more people than you might think that knew about the leaked list.  It's not logic, it's an opinion.

I never said that I was the authority. Here just listen (or read) to this:

@HorrorNightORL has 28.3k  Followers on Twitter. Say you go through the tweets since April, mentioning SCREAM. Someone you probably account for something in the 2-3k range. If I'm generous and say that all of these tweets came from different accounts (which the definitely did not) then about 14-18% of @HorrorNightsORL twitter followers knew about scream. Then you must take into account those of us that will attend. As you can see from this site, lots of veteran's and people in the know have chosen not to attend this year. While these opinions may not be final, it's what we have right now. You can drop that to a safe range median of 15% of Twitter followers. Then you must look at the total attendee's for HHN 25. Now I have ABSOLUTELY NO idea how many people attend, but that just makes the amount of people who knew about scream even smaller. Also you need to take into account the Spam/Bot/Inactive twitter accounts following HHNORL. SO looking at those numbers, if an estimated 15% of only the twitter followers knew about SCREAM, the amount of people who bought ticket's based on that is gonna be even less. So it is a minority, Because these number's will not pass 50% of the people to attend HHN this year. 

If my thinking makes sense now, you can see what I was saying. It wasn't a snap judgement, nor did I need inside infromation. Analyze, preform, report. 

@YouDontKnowJack is right, at the end of the day. 

Oh it absolutely could have. But the truth of the matter is, that is an opinion for each individual to determine. So they could never please everybody. Most likely. As other's have mentioned us hardcore fans who know the  leaked list are a minority compared to the total HHN population as well. For the a good amount of the attendee's they have never seem any of these concepts, because they started attending recently. Other then AWiL basically. 

• Like 2

Oh it absolutely could have. But the truth of the matter is, that is an opinion for each individual to determine. So they could never please everybody. Most likely. As other's have mentioned us hardcore fans who know the  leaked list are a minority compared to the total HHN population as well. For the a good amount of the attendee's they have never seem any of these concepts, because they started attending recently. Other then AWiL basically. 

But that's all we're really doing, just offering opinions and I believe that's all he was asking.  We all have expectations but, in one way or another, realize they're just that.  We're all in the minority (veterans at least) and marketing has a whole new generation of attendees that have never known an Icon.  They know TWD, love it, and look forward to it and they give a majority of marketing towards that new wave.  I like to reminisce.  But again, until I actually attend my first night this year, I can only say what I'd like to see or what I thought I might see for a big anniversary year.  What I am pretty sure about is that I'll like some houses and zones, and not like a few.

• Like 1

That's why it's best to go in with zero expectations.  Then you have nowhere to go but up, or they meet the zero expectations.  Right now I'm just looking forward to Blizzard and Asylum.  Then I have a little bit of interest in Insidious.  I liked the movies and thought Hollywood's houses looked good via YouTube.  I've said it before - if they bring the pumpkins back in the CP trees, I'll be happy.  That's the last time I felt immersed in the event.  But I also get a FFP so we'll stop in for a few hours after work on Wednesdays and Thursdays.  So my outlook doesn't have the urgency that some have for doing only a couple nights.  I do feel bad for all those who bought tickets solely to see Scream.

I look at this the very same way! I will also say the same about the pumpkins!!!! Its that feeling of immersion that I go down for. Its being a part of a huge halloween event that is the best (dont correct me on this! lol) anywhere. The houses might not be what we want butt hey will still be good and we'll see go.... well most of us ;)

• Like 4

But that's all we're really doing, just offering opinions and I believe that's all he was asking.  We all have expectations but, in one way or another, realize they're just that.  We're all in the minority (veterans at least) and marketing has a whole new generation of attendees that have never known an Icon.  They know TWD, love it, and look forward to it and they give a majority of marketing towards that new wave.  I like to reminisce.  But again, until I actually attend my first night this year, I can only say what I'd like to see or what I thought I might see for a big anniversary year.  What I am pretty sure about is that I'll like some houses and zones, and not like a few.

unfortunately it's inevitable. I love jack as much as the next one, but there is a limit on everything. 

I expected nothing more then what we've gotten, I wanted much more. 

They brought back the biggest names they could, that way we could get nostalgia (at least some) and the GP would be attracted by names like FvJ The Purge and TWD.

OK this is just me having fun with the possible names of rumored originals. If any of these are remotely correct I will be shocked.

EAT ME: Wonderland 3D

All the Old Stuff: BACK AGAIN!!!

RUN Fast! RUN Furious!

Cold Collections in Crazytown

The irony is that we'd all laugh and love it and the GP would probably be like: damn, these sound pretty good, I'm buying my ticket today!"