HHN 25 Discussion

The park, and the event, is changing. Either the fans can change with it, loyally support it while pining for what was (#TeamPining), or just move on to something else.

But it makes zero sense. Marketing is doing nothing special. How do they justify themselves? Hyping the event better = better for everyone.

• Like 1

What are Facebook events? Am I looking in a different place? 

https://www.facebook.com/halloweenhorrornightsorlando/events?ref=page_internal

That's it. Thought that list is for last year 2014. They also created Events (basically just a check-in for each day) this year. A few friends put "going" on the select dates they were going, but they all appear to be canceled.

That's it. Thought that list is for last year 2014. They also created Events (basically just a check-in for each day) this year. A few friends put "going" on the select dates they were going, but they all appear to be canceled.

Mind posting the link?

But it makes zero sense. Marketing is doing nothing special. How do they justify themselves? Hyping the event better = better for everyone.

When you look at the way Universal advertises everything else at the resort, it makes perfect sense. Mardi Gras, Macy*s, Grinchmas, Concert Series, those things don't get fancy websites and massively integrated social media campaigns, and the same people who manage the advertising for that now manage the advertising for HHN. The problem is is that, from a strictly business perspective, they justify themselves by maintaining online impressions and attendance. What they've done is working just fine. They don't need to justify anymore than that.

That's the disconnect, now. Marketing is separate from the event. While we want the integration that existed before, those will be exceptions rather than rules. And as long as attendance stays high and impressions stay strong, the integration will remain completely unnecessary.

I can't come up with a logical reason to remove the event dates so you cant join them.

I mean when my friends were "attending" the events and selecting their days it showed up on their friends feeds (including mine) from there I went to "like" the FB group because I hadn't done so yet. Others were commenting on their "going" status trying to coordinate dates to meet up.

It's a good free promotion tool. And convenient to select "going" on the date you wish to go.

I can't come up with a logical reason to remove the event dates so you cant join them.

I mean when my friends were "attending" the events and selecting their days it showed up on their friends feeds (including mine) from there I went to "like" the FB group because I hadn't done so yet. Others were commenting on their "going" status trying to coordinate dates to meet up.

It's a good free promotion tool. And convenient to select "going" on the date you wish to go.

Maybe they're canceling the entire event...

• Like 1

The only thing that I could think of is that they made a mistake with the posting and will be posting them again. Or like Legacy said canceling the event as a whole.

• Like 1

Meanwhile, over at Universal Studios Japan they have already revealed their whole event!

I can't find a thread or forum here for HHN in Japan, so I guess I'll just post my silly announcement here. Maybe a nice mod can move it to the appropriate place?

Hey Kids! There are Four HHN Events at Universal parks worldwide, here in Orlando, Hollywood, Singapore and Osaka, Japan.

This hasn't been widely noticed yet, but the first full reveal for an HHN was given yesterday!!! Universal Studios Japan has revealed their two sided Event a Daytime "family" event, Universal Surprise Halloween and the HHN Event after dark!

For the daytime they are bringing back their usual Carnival Parade and Trick or Treating with happy characters from Peanuts, Sesame Street and Hello Kitty. But this year they have added in Minions!

Returning to HHN this year are the Street Zombies, Chucky, the lazer-tag like Biohazard the Real attraction (Resident Evil), Sadako (Ringu) and Ju-On (The Grudge). New this year for Japan is Alien Vs Predator, Freddy Krueger, the Japanese IP Gakkou no Kaidan (Haunted School) and a first for USJ an original house!

That house, Trauma has a Hospital theme and appears to be an "extreme" house!!! It is the first time at any HHN that an age restriction has been put on a house/maze. This one is restricted to guests 15 years and older.

http://www.usj.co.jp/halloween2015/?utm_source=tw_official&utm_medium=social_official&utm_content=20150721__012&utm_campaign=halloween_15_non_jp

I forgot to add the dates, It runs from September 11 till November 8 the longest Event ever!

Edited by Dr. Jimmy
  • Like 3

The event pages on fb disappearing is weird, any chance they are actually canceling the event? My dad always teases me by telling me it's cancelled. I sure hope not of course! 

I'm kinda cool with the reveals being behind schedule from last year really though. Heck I would actually prefer it if they didn't announce anything yet. I think it should all be announced at once in late August like it used to be. Before TWD took over, almost all the houses except for maybe one would be announced all at the once. Although back then they built up a story and theme on the website during the summer instead of just announcing things. I really wish they would go back to that. Anyway I would still prefer most of the stuff being announced all at once with full site update even if we don't get the actual creative teasing and backstory that we used to get.  that's probably  not happening still, they're just doing it bit later than the last couple years got some people used to. 

Edited by ScottEdmondson41

Just managing to catch Sharknado 3 now. LOL

As much as I LOATHE Sharknado (I'm part of the minority here) I forced myself to watch it solely for the purpose of feeding my insane USO obsession. :lol:

Anyway, does anyone think that the anniversary SZ will include the rest of the icons, as well as Jack, or will it just be like XX's 20 Years of Fear SZ with Jack thrown in the mix?

Edited by YouDontKnowJack