HHN 25 Discussion

Shadybrook opened in the 1880s... And the Gentlemen are essentially eternal. Considering what the Body Collectors Assistants look like (straight jackets), tying them in to Shadybrook makes some sense.

I wonder if we'll see a totally different looking Shadybrook. If the maze will take place in the 1880s, the art-deco style wouldn't fit. Maybe the building was renovated and/or rebuilt before we first saw it.

The Body Collectors can appear any place or TIME they want to.. They been around for years.

Plus they have never said when Shadybrook open its doors nor gave us a location for the place

Not quite. I don't think we've ever been given a time for its initial opening, but Jack's journey in 2007 to collect the carnival gave us a location for Shadybrook. It was in NY, and if memory serves, it was in Seneca. 

Although I have asked my former sources to NOT give me any more inside info, as I did not do that until after the leaks happened, and as I did receive the info for HHN 25 already, I have contacted them and asked for one tiny bit more....

I asked if any thing they had already told me had been changed.

BUT, I was very clear to ask that I did NOT want to know exactly what or how anything might have changed.

In other words I simply asked if there would be any surprises left for me. And thus for all of you, if hopefully, any such surprises are not also leaked!!!

If I hear that there is anything that we don't know yet, I will happily post here about it.

AGAIN I emphasize, I will NOT be getting any details at all, if there are surprises they will remain surprises for me and everybody until they are revealed. Hopefully officially and not by some leaker.

• Like 3

Isn't supposed to be blizzard or was that just the code name? 

to my knowledge blizzard is simply the codename for the house. This is absolutely my most anticipated house, it should be very interesting to how they can tie together two of the most successful HHN franchises ever.

Edited by marmoset
  • Like 1

to my knowledge blizzard is simply the codename for the house. This is absolutely my most anticipated house, it should be very interesting to how they can tie two of the most successful HHN franchises ever.

What's so interesting? It'll be an asylum with crazy people and Body Collectors. Considering crazy people have been with the Body Collectors since 2008, it's not exactly we're seeing something "new."

Will there be a bathroom? Most likely.

Will there be a spine rip? Most likely.

Will there be a lobotomy? Most likely.

Will there be snow? Yes.

What's so interesting? It'll be an asylum with crazy people and Body Collectors. Considering crazy people have been with the Body Collectors since 2008, it's not exactly we're seeing something "new."

Will there be snow? Yes.

So you're not looking forward to this house? So what if we have been through Shadybrook before. We have never seen the gentlemen in Shadybrook. It will be a "new" experience.

When have crazy people been with the collectors? I would not consider the assistants to be "people". I really wish this house was in the discovery center for nostalgic purposes.

• Like 1

So you're not looking forward to this house? So what if we have been through Shadybrook before. We have never seen the gentlemen in Shadybrook. It will be a "new" experience.

When have crazy people been with the collectors? I would not consider the assistants to be "people". I really wish this house was in the discovery center for nostalgic purposes.

I don't attend anymore, so I can't say I "look forward" to any of the houses. The artistic aspects of the houses interest me, and I enjoy hearing about how scares occur. It's the creativity I pay attention to.

That's why Blizzard doesn't really appeal to me as something stellar. It's one-note characters (grinning hack surgeons) in a location we've seen three times already. While it's possible something will "surprise," nothing from either franchise has yet. For nostalgic purposes, people will love it. It will be a favorite. That doesn't mean it'll be unique or creative the way Dollhouse, Inbetween, or hell, even Catacombs.

And what else would the Assistants be?

Edited by Legacy
  • Like 2

I don't attend anymore, so I can't say I "look forward" to any of the houses. The artistic aspects of the houses interest me, and I enjoy hearing about how scares occur. It's the creativity I pay attention to.

And what else would the Assistants be?

one dimensional mute minions haha I too am ever fascinated by the creativity and artistic aspects of the event. I am ever enchanted by the fact that they can turn an unassuming soundstage into a prison, a mortuary or even a spaceship. That's what got me hooked all those years ago.

While we have seen both of these characters and scenarios before, I think that we will see something new. Admittedly I have a soft spot for psycho scarepy as it was the first house I ever went through at HHN 13. So I could be a bit biased towards the house.

• Like 1

I'm good with Blizzard as long as they bring back the Spine Rip ;)

Plus- I don't think Shadybrook will be exactly the same... We've seen it multiple times, sure. But I think they'll give us something different considering the Collectors are apart of the game now.

Edited by JackTheREAPER
  • Like 2

Houses that was done in 01 and 06.

http://halloweenhorrornights.wikia.com/wiki/RUN

RUN took place within a sinister and haphazard "game show", an intricate labyrinth made from junkyard refuse, designed and built by Eddie himself. The contestants? The guests. The grand prize? Getting out alive. The rule? Only one...RUN!

RUN was a house featured in Halloween Horror Nights XI. Due to the 9/11 terror attacks, much like the rest of the event, RUN underwent significant edits, including the removal of its main Icon character, Eddie Schmidt.

http://halloweenhorrornights.wikia.com/wiki/RUN:_Hostile_Territory

An underworld exists where anyone can fulfill their most ghastly fantasies. Where the innocent can be tortured, dismembered and killed, all in exchange for a credit card number. Choose your path and bear witness because when the lights go out, the voyeurs become the victims and there is no amount of money in the world that can save you.

RUN: Hostile Territory was one of the Houses that took place atHalloween Horror Nights: Sweet 16. The house featured Eddie, the unused icon of the 2001 event.

Of course, that's the corporate-speak answer.  In real world terms, Run 1 was heavily inspired by "The Running Man," while Run 2 was even more heavily inspired by "Hostel".  Back when it was hard to get actual IPs to play with.

• Like 1

Of course, that's the corporate-speak answer.  In real world terms, Run 1 was heavily inspired by "The Running Man," while Run 2 was even more heavily inspired by "Hostel".  Back when it was hard to get actual IPs to play with.

Well, Running Man is impossible because of King. The Hostel rights weren't difficult. Hollywood had it. Orlando just didn't rely on them like they do now.

By the way, I haven't seen any visible construction AT ALL in almost a month. C'mon universal give us something new to look at. Construction runs have been soooo uneventful lately! Can't wait for the August & September madness!

• Like 1

Will there be snow? Yes.

Damn you're fun.

Edited by PeoriaBJJ