HHN 25 Discussion

I mean, the delay could be a tactic to boost ticket sales BEFORE they announce the properties that will potentially turn people off.

THIS!  Never thought of it like that, but it has merit.  They could be worried about the general feedback thus far of what's been leaked and announced and look to capitalize on as many blind presales as possible.  Of course, going by Twitter which is heavy GP, you could announce an empty no name house and people would be excited.

wow, never thought of it that way. Extremely good point though. I just kind of wish we would be blindsided with something, wishful thinking.

Do we know if it is based off the show or movie? The show is horrendous.

I agree. Boring, dragged out and ridiculous. Don't know why they even made it.

Guest kiwisoup

I agree. Boring, dragged out and ridiculous. Don't know why they even made it.

This is MTV we are talking about...not exactly known for exceptional programming.

Is it just me, or is this site now 85% bitching, 14% proclaiming what the next announcement will be on nothing more than a gut feeling, and 1% actual speculation and/or news?

Yes, I realize I'm being that @$$hole that bitches on the Internet, but this is getting a bit ridiculous.

We need a COMPLAINT thread that can be avoided by those of us just looking for news and thoughtful speculation while allowing a place for everybody to vent about TWD and what Hollywood gets and Orlando doesn't.  

And any complaints about this post, can be posted there :)

• Like 1

This is MTV we are talking about...not exactly known for exceptional programming.

The Challenge is always a good time.

Is it just me, or is this site now 85% bitching, 14% proclaiming what the next announcement will be on nothing more than a gut feeling, and 1% actual speculation and/or news?

You're not wrong, but sadly there is nothing to speculate on.

Guest kiwisoup

Yes, I realize I'm being that @$$hole that bitches on the Internet, but this is getting a bit ridiculous.

We need a COMPLAINT thread that can be avoided by those of us just looking for news and thoughtful speculation while allowing a place for everybody to vent about TWD and what Hollywood gets and Orlando doesn't.  

Ha, I was literally just going to post about all of the complaints on lack of updates. I don't see why people are so obsessed with them releasing a promo photo announcing a house they already knew about months ago. It's not like they are giving a ton of pics or information on anything. The only thing people should really want confirmation on is the Originals which are always the most vague until announcement and we know those won't be announced till most likely the end of August. I used to love coming on here to see the little bits of inside info that would slip in here and there, but it's become so painstaking to try and find anything to get excited for weeding through pages and pages of completely redundant whining on top of lack of information that I barely check in anymore.

Edited by kiwisoup

This was answered on the last page, but I will answer it again (also, this question has been asked and answered in the Tickets section where it belongs).

Tier 1 is for weekend tours while tier 2 is for weekdays.  You will be paying more for a weekend tour.

Thanks for the clarification. 

Edited by ampt808

I hope its not hollywood icon scarezone, I was really hoping for a house. I feel like you get to have more fun with the houses, and you get to take a breather in between

Meanwhile, I would love to be an icon down Hollywood. Especially over where I'm at. 

Well it seems like creative & marketing have gotten really good about not letting things slip through the cracks. I think all of the speculation has kind of wrapped up around spring time and people are just waiting and seeing now according to my readings. I joined to learn about HHN so I've spent a good chunk of time reading through old posts before joining and keeping up with current ones as a member. 

As far as I know this is an HHN 25 discussion. Not a HHN speculation only or news only thread. The speculation thread dedicated to speculation hasn't been posted in since June 10th though. Therefor I think the discussion thread is suitable for bitching, proclaiming, speculation, opinions and thoughts about what has already been announced, Hollywood v. Orlando HHN 25, AND HHN25 news. As long as it's about HHN 25 and related topics. If discussions can't be held here about HHN 25 related topics then please point me to the right thread.

Right now there's nothing to talk about other than basic idle chat. Should we lock threads until announcements & news are released to weed out general discussions until? Unfortunately having a lot of restrictions or lack of perceived activity is how you end up with a dead site no one visits. My two cents. :)

• Like 4

Well it seems like creative & marketing have gotten really good about not letting things slip through the cracks. I think all of the speculation has kind of wrapped up around spring time and people are just waiting and seeing now according to my readings. I joined to learn about HHN so I've spent a good chunk of time reading through old posts before joining and keeping up with current ones as a member.

[/quote]

Everything did slip, already. We're nearly perfectly confident in what we're seeing. They're not maintaining any semblance of actual creativity, though, with their website/Twitter.

I get what everybody is saying with the bitching but it is HHN 25 for goodness sake, I have been waiting for this since I first starting coming to HHN (and I'm sure a lot of people have been waiting longer than I have) and I am just a little bit disappointed that they aren't keeping everybody hyped up about it. I was so excited when we first got Jack announced and I am still really excited now, I just want a bit more from them, even just keeping us excited in their Twitter updates would be good, and as MissBA said, it is a discussion forum, so I think if people want to have a bit of a moan about the lack of info then they have the right.

Does anybody know, I know it was all leaked info, but is all the info that we had regarding the houses that are coming pretty much set in stone? I didn't know if it was just rumours or whoever the leak came from pretty much knew what they were talking about, I can't seem to find anything about it (probably me not looking hard enough).

Here is something to lighten the mood.... Sharknado 3!!!! Possible scare zone???? I think so!!!!

A bunch of the show was filmed at Uni Orlando. So I'm watching this movie (term used loosely but thats the point) and my wife and I are screaming out what houses/SZ's were there in each scene. It was fun!

• Like 1

Here is something to lighten the mood.... Sharknado 3!!!! Possible scare zone???? I think so!!!!

A bunch of the show was filmed at Uni Orlando. So I'm watching this movie (term used loosely but thats the point) and my wife and I are screaming out what houses/SZ's were there in each scene. It was fun!

TBH this thought crossed my mind as well. I mean it JUST came out. The HHN twitter linked to the official HHN website made two posts about sharknado.

Edited by MissBA

I get what everybody is saying with the bitching but it is HHN 25 for goodness sake, I have been waiting for this since I first starting coming to HHN (and I'm sure a lot of people have been waiting longer than I have) and I am just a little bit disappointed that they aren't keeping everybody hyped up about it. I was so excited when we first got Jack announced and I am still really excited now, I just want a bit more from them, even just keeping us excited in their Twitter updates would be good, and as MissBA said, it is a discussion forum, so I think if people want to have a bit of a moan about the lack of info then they have the right.

Does anybody know, I know it was all leaked info, but is all the info that we had regarding the houses that are coming pretty much set in stone? I didn't know if it was just rumours or whoever the leak came from pretty much knew what they were talking about, I can't seem to find anything about it (probably me not looking hard enough).

The leaked list came from HHNRumors, JDW, Doctor Jimmy, and Legacy. All of them have very reliable sources.

I was so excited when we first got Jack announced and I am still really excited now, I just want a bit more from them

Nailed it. If you go to the website Jack's almost like a background thought now. Ever see the Carnival of Carnage website? Was a good combination of the event theme and the attractions. I get there are bigger things at play, but Mike's gotta step up and make some changes happen.

• Like 1

Well, the "carnival theme" that everyone was so excited about on the website was never suppose to be much more than window dressing. Everything I've been told is that, despite the fancy number treatment and the return of Jack, we are getting another themeless year like the last two. And honestly, no one should be that surprised.

In defense of Mike, though, it's hard to step up in an area you have no control in. Mike is serving in a completely different department than Marketing. They work together, sure, but Mike isn't the overall master-mind of the entire event like things use to be. Any official tweets that are teasing the event are approved by Legal, and Mike has to constantly be aware of what he tweets. Plus, he's actually trying to build the event, plus any other additional Entertainment offerings that are in the pipe (Macy*s and Grinchmas, for example, and they're likely already working on Mardi Gras).

This isn't on an individual person. A single show in the park, you can blame on a writer or director, but you would still be ignoring all the additional requirements and suggestions thrown into the ring by management. What's important to realize though is

THIS IS THE STATUS QUO!

The park, and the event, is changing. Either the fans can change with it, loyally support it while pining for what was (#TeamPining), or just move on to something else.

• Like 5