HHN 25 Discussion

New movie potentials could be Crimson Peak, Krampus, or Sinister 2. If they actually meant a movie coming out this year, then for the love of everything PLEASE be Crimson Peak! I want that house so bad!

It would also mean at least 1 house from the rumored lineup was false info given out. Interesting...but the question is: which house was the wrong one? My guess would be AWiL or Scream.

This whole discussion could be futile if they didn't actually mean a NEW movie, but a movie that's new to HHN, which would make it Insidious, as they've already announced FvJ, and we've had TWD AWIL and Scream (ANDi 2, and another I believe).

• Like 1

For all of the early birds, they posted the videos of the press conference on their (ScareTOUR's) Facebook

Part 1 of 4

https://www.facebook.com/ScareTOUR/videos/983604221684073

Part 2 of 4

https://www.facebook.com/ScareTOUR/videos/983609151683580

Part 3 of 4

https://www.facebook.com/ScareTOUR/videos/983616295016199

Part 4 of 4

https://www.facebook.com/ScareTOUR/videos/983624135015415

Edited by blacklagoontaylor

Just because it's a new film, doesn't mean it has been released yet. Insidious is still a new film.

I hope tis doesn't double post. My phone is acting up this morning.

"Be among the first to receive an exclusive look at our next big film..."

Insidious wouldn't qualify for first or exclusive since it was released the first week of June.

But it's also not "take a look at our next big film" (period). It's "our next big film that will come to life at HHN."

Scream is a big film.

Insidious is a big film.

AWIL is a big film.

In the Facebook thread he calls it a "new film." While the implication can be read as an unreleased film, it can be read as a new house that is a film.

Aiello is not the person to be premiering footage of an unreleased film, especially a big tent-pole Del Toro pick and the anticipated follow-up of a fan-favorite director. He can reveal house-related footage of known movies.

It's interesting, for sure. But I don't think it changes things just yet.

"Be among the first to receive an exclusive look at our next big film that will come to  life this year at Universal Orlando's Halloween Horror Nights"

I agree with Legacy. The way it is worded, I think it could mean the exclusive look is actually that group of people at the event seeing it. They alone will be the first to have the information. Although "Our next big film" could be referring to a film Universal is releasing in the future, it could also just refer to the next film being used at HHN. 

With that being said, whatever the film was, I don't think it was An American Werewolf in London. Why would they have a conference revealing a house they just released two years ago? That would be a pretty boneheaded move if that is what was going to happen. 

Mike actually says that they don't repeat mazes in the video... does this mean no AWiL considering it was done 2 years ago?

Edited by ThNdIzNiR

I picked up on this as well BUT I know rumours have suggested tweaks and possibly new AWIL scenes in which case technically makes it different from the last house.

I guess it's the same as TWD. 3 houses, all based on different seasons but it's still TWD.

Edited by danrichard95

They don't repeat mazes... Scream house, all of 2006, DOT psycho, and PUTs for years (even though some of them were pretty darn close). Sure you can argue they weren't Exactly the same. But it's a repeat and that is what AWIL will/would be.

In other news,

we have a second parade building going up (thanks to Mystique's diligent search of the permits she found it!)

b8nshs.jpg

• Like 1

I get what your saying but as soon as they change a few scenes, take stuff away and add stuff suddenly it's not the same house as it was originally. Yeah it's the same story same characters but then you could argue that TWD, FvJ or The Thing have all or will be repeat houses....

• Like 1

With that being said, whatever the film was, I don't think it was An American Werewolf in London. Why would they have a conference revealing a house they just released two years ago? That would be a pretty boneheaded move if that is what was going to happen.

Mike actually says that they don't repeat mazes in the video... does this mean no AWiL considering it was done 2 years ago?

Well, because it's in London. That's why they would hold a conference for it. London horror films don't get much more quintessential than that.

Also, Mike is right in a literal sense. They don't repeat. Every returning house is redesigned, rebuilt, and restructured to create an entirely new house.

It's silver tongued double speak though

It's technicalities. AWIL wouldn't technically be a repeat even though, actually, we just saw a house on that exact property that would have to retread the same story and locations.

Same with that invite. On the surface it implies a new movie. But it's worded in such a way you can't be sure of anything.

Out of curiosity, what else could they include in an AWIL house? I felt the Orlando covered pretty much all the notable scenes. 

The moores, bigger forest, more accurate bar, cemetery, larger theater, have the wolf attacking at the gate, more expansive Picadilly

Edited by criticalanalysis
  • Like 1

The more I think of it, the more I am inclined to go with the exclusive clip being a Universal film.

Our instead of the. That's my main reason. Our is a possessive pronoun, and the way the invite is written Universal is claiming ownership of the film.

I could very well be wrong, but using "the" instead of "our" would fundementally change how one views the ownership rights of the film. One would hope that Marketing could atleast get basic grammar (pronoun vs determiner) right.

Then again, I still feel they need a thesaurus...

• Like 1

I don't think anyone brought this up, but they also said this when replying to a comment Designing the Fear made: "Unfortunately due to contractual delays over merchandising, it couldn't be revealed tonight." So if it was a delay over merchandising I think it could be anything at this point.

Here is the link to the post:

https://www.facebook.com/ScareTOUR/posts/983495498361612:0

RIP tours and UMTH tours and prices went up on the site.

In a related note my wife I have decided to forgo HHN for all Tampa events.

We were talking and it hit that tipping point for us. Last years was downright miserable with people.

We would get two days and it was going cost $400.00+, without express,and I live in the area with an AP pass.

Think I'll be happier seeing 3 events with a hotel for less. Meh 24 years was good run (9 with my wife).

Edited by JDW
  • Like 1

RIP tours and UMTH tours and prices went up on the site.

In a related note my wife I have decided to forgo HHN for all Tampa events.

We were talking and it hit that tipping point for us. Last years was downright miserable with people.

We would get two days and it was going cost $400.00+, without express,and I live in the area with an AP pass.

Think I'll be happier seeing 3 events with a hotel for less. Meh 24 years was good run (9 with my wife).

Dude, just do Rush of Fear...

That is with ROF and the UMTH tour.

72.99 x 2= 145.98
64.99 x 2= 129.98
$276.00 plus tax

That isn't including merchandise, food & drinks, and (if you don't want to stand in line for 2 hrs) Express pass which is another 140.00 for 2 people 1 single day.

Just more than I care to pay anymore when I end up just being miserable.

Anyway will be a nice change of pace.

Edited by JDW