Halloween Horror Nights - Hollywood 2015 Speculation

god damn me but I'm gonna try to connect TITE to Rock Festival and the doors song. But before I will say I do not believe it is TITE, I have no problem though if it is, I not saying I know for a fact.

take in mind one of the hint may be a red herring. 

Hint 1: The Doors did not play at any of 3 mentioned rock festivals, but Jefferson Airplane played at all 3. Ravi Shaker, The Who, Janis Joplin and Jimi Hendrix play both Woodstock and Monterey Pop. Santana, and Crosby, Stills, Nash, & Young play both Altamont and Woodstock. I cant find a connection, not saying there is not one I just can't find one.

Hint 2: Well TITE takes place in Hollywood, CA. California has all four teams even multiple for some sports.

Hint 3: Okay so after a long ass session of research this is the best I came up with... Moses, Jesus Christ, and Anakin Skywalker were all considered the chosen one. Some people considered Moses a messiah because the old testament reference a messiah leading the jewish slave out of Egypt and delivering the word of god from Mount Sinai. So in a sense both him and Jesus are considered chosen ones. So in this case both The Bible and Star Wars have had a different chosen one in both their first and second halves. So far I see no connection to TITE. So in TITE I think this would be the Red Herring 

So to me regardless if TITE is coming or not I don't feel it's rock festival unless someone else can connect it.

Though something came to mind... Sorry if it was already connected to this.

Ash Vs. The Evil Dead... or Evil Dead if you will.

Hint 1: If Jefferson Airplane; "The Other Side Of This Life" the other side of life is death so "Dead" or Santana who at both his festival appearances played "Evil Ways" keyword being "Evil"

Hint 2: Ash is from Michigan, was a student at Michigan State, and Ash Vs. The Evil Dead takes place in Michigan Michigan has all four Major League teams; Tigers (MLB), Lions (NFL), Red Wings (NHL), and Pistons (NBA).

Hint 3: Moses (old Testament), Jesus (New Testament), and Anakin Skywalker (Star Wars) were all chosen ones who were prophesied just like Ash Williams. 

so that is my guess. Keyword "GUESS"

Edited by Grindhousehero13
  • Like 2

god damn me but I'm gonna try to connect TITE to Rock Festival and the doors song. But before I will say I do not believe it is TITE, I have no problem though if it is, I not saying I know for a fact.

take in mind one of the hint may be a red herring. 

Hint 1: The Doors did not play at any of 3 mentioned rock festivals, but Jefferson Airplane played at all 3. Ravi Shaker, The Who, Janis Joplin and Jimi Hendrix play both Woodstock and Monterey Pop. Santana, and Crosby, Stills, Nash, & Young play both Altamont and Woodstock. I cant find a connection, not saying there is not one I just can't find one.

Hint 2: Well TITE takes place in Hollywood, CA. California has all four teams even multiple for some sports.

Hint 3: Okay so after a long ass session of research this is the best I came up with... Moses, Jesus Christ, and Anakin Skywalker were all considered the chosen one. Some people considered Moses a messiah because the old testament reference a messiah leading the jewish slave out of Egypt and delivering the word of god from Mount Sinai. So in a sense both him and Jesus are considered chosen ones. So in this case both The Bible and Star Wars have had a different chosen one in both their first and second halves. So far I see no connection to TITE. So in TITE I think this would be the Red Herring 

So to me regardless if TITE is coming or not I don't feel it's rock festival unless someone else can connect it.

Though something came to mind... Sorry if it was already connected to this.

Ash Vs. The Evil Dead... or Evil Dead if you will.

Hint 1: If Jefferson Airplane; "The Other Side Of This Life" the other side of life is death so "Dead" or Santana who at both his festival appearances played "Evil Ways" keyword being "Evil"

Hint 2: Ash is from Michigan, was a student at Michigan State, and Ash Vs. The Evil Dead takes place in Michigan Michigan has all four Major League teams; Tigers (MLB), Lions (NFL), Red Wings (NHL), and Pistons (NBA).

Hint 3: Moses (old Testament), Jesus (New Testament), and Anakin Skywalker (Star Wars) were all chosen ones who were prophesied just like Ash Williams. 

so that is my guess. Keyword "GUESS"

Nice thinking, that's probably the closest we've come to solving that.

I finally watched This is the End last night, and I have to say, I liked it a lot more than I expected I would. I think that, if done right, it could be a good house. That being said, I have no idea what "done right" would be, since there's barely enough content for a maze. If it is happening, I assume a LOT of creative liberties will be taken.

• Like 1

Thinking more into it, I'm kinda starting to like the idea of a TiTE maze. Like you guys have been saying a lot of creative liberties will have to be taken and will make the maze feel like an original apocalyptic hell on earth maze that I have been wanting for a while with of course a few things to tie it into TiTE (Johnna Hill, Cannibals, maybe even Emma Watson). As long as it doesn't try to recreate the comedy of the film and stays as a carnage wrecked maze with a few TiTE elements in it I'm cool with it.... As long as I don't see deamon penis. 

Judging by the construction in Parisian we should be seeing a facade fairly soon. Maybe we can guess the IP before the announcement even.

Nah. HHN is too smart to do that. That's NEVER happened before. 

You know, I'm starting to warm up to this line-up a bit. I'm still grossly disappointed about no Bill and Ted, but I like what I see with the construction so far. Maybe This is the End might turn out to be descent. 

Oh and you guys realize that we're not having a 3D maze this year? I'm both happy and surprised at the same time.

Nah. HHN is too smart to do that. That's NEVER happened before. 

You know, I'm starting to warm up to this line-up a bit. I'm still grossly disappointed about no Bill and Ted, but I like what I see with the construction so far. Maybe This is the End might turn out to be descent. 

Oh and you guys realize that we're not having a 3D maze this year? I'm both happy and surprised at the same time.

I'm glad we won't be getting a 3D maze. I feel like those are becoming less desirable; kind of like a "been there, done that". 

All I know is that now I won't have to worry about wearing 3D glasses over my prescription glasses. Lol!

Shhhhhhhh don't jinx it next thing you know bam The Walking Dead 3D.

I'm all for this idea, cuz just why not at this point. It'd be something new for this property. Lol or if not that, black and white style. 

Coming from the Orlando side, I've liked all 3 houses. 2012 was eh, 13 was good, 14 was very good. But it's very much the same type of house every year. I'm all for a change in style, cuz if we HAVE to keep dealing with it, let's try some new shit, huh?

• Like 2

I'm all for this idea, cuz just why not at this point. It'd be something new for this property. Lol or if not that, black and white style. 

Coming from the Orlando side, I've liked all 3 houses. 2012 was eh, 13 was good, 14 was very good. But it's very much the same type of house every year. I'm all for a change in style, cuz if we HAVE to keep dealing with it, let's try some new shit, huh?

I do have to say, what Orlando did with the Walking Dead in 2014 WAS something new compared to the Hollywood version. To me,  WD-H felt tired and sparse. Not bad, just well,  there.  Orlando had energy and detailed, immersive scenes. 

I'm sure he was joking but it wasn't funny and he flat out bashed a religion. This is a forum for theme parks and their horror events, there is no need to bring your own beliefs into this

No, I wasn't joking or bashing on any religion. I was giving my own two cents on the code name. I thought my post was pretty straight forward, but apparently it wasn't. The bible has people, not characters, which is what leads me to believe that hint #3 is a red herring. Didn't intend to cause a ruckus.

No, I wasn't joking or bashing on any religion. I was giving my own two cents on the code name. I thought my post was pretty straight forward, but apparently it wasn't. The bible has people, not characters, which is what leads me to believe that hint #3 is a red herring. Didn't intend to cause a ruckus.

I mean I see what you were saying but it's just semantics, I doubt that John would do that on purpose.

I do have to say, what Orlando did with the Walking Dead in 2014 WAS something new compared to the Hollywood version. To me,  WD-H felt tired and sparse. Not bad, just well,  there.  Orlando had energy and detailed, immersive scenes. 

what did they do with TWD at Orlando?

Oh boy, this is what happens when religion is brought up on the internet.

seperation of church and horror nights. Well you know except all the mazes and as based on the Christian interpatation of hell lol. I kid.

though I think as far characters in the bible that's just nit picking no offense. But anyways let's move on before this heats up.

Edited by Grindhousehero13

what did they do with TWD at Orlando?

I believe hes referring to that instead of doing it in the parade building, they made it the largest house of Horror Nights history, for 2014 by putting it in a SS. Atleast, that's what I see of what he said.

Short summary:

Last year's TWD was the largest house in HHN history (square footage wise. It wasn't the longest to walk through in history). It also featured the largest cast, with 50 actors on each cast. It featured huge sets, including the ridiculously big full scale prison facade (the entire length of the soundstage. It had to have been at least 50-60ft long and 15-20ft tall.), the Big Spot scene with a crashed helicopter in the roof, lots of forest scenes, some Woodbury scenes, etc. Overall it wasn't super immersive detail wise, but the scope of it and the amount of actors (and the intensity of those casts) made it a really fun house to walk through, and BY FAR the best of the TWD houses. It still got some hate cuz TWD but it was a very good house.

What stood out to me was a particular forest scene; there were trees, dirt, mulch etc. as the setting, with a bunch of dummies. Then there was also about 4-5 actors in the room. The sides of the room were mirrors, and the room was pitch black with a stobe effect, simulating an actual forest scene with dozens of walkers attacking from all sides. It was intense and SUPER effective. 

We also had the effect with a bunch of walkers attached to a platform that slid out with a light and audio queue, and it was by far the stupidest thing I've ever seen at HHN. Like who the hell approved that O.o

For this year (at both coasts), I just don't see where they're going to take the property and present it in a new way. Season 5 lacked very many environments for a house, and this will be the fourth time in a row for TWD, so it's already a fatigued IP. I've never gone into an event thinking a TWD house was going to flatout suck, but this year I see the possibility. I could be wrong though.

• Like 5