Halloween Horror Nights - Hollywood 2015 Speculation

I believe hes referring to that instead of doing it in the parade building, they made it the largest house of Horror Nights history, for 2014 by putting it in a SS. Atleast, that's what I see of what he said.

Just returned from the RUSH concert and I guess it is an unwritten rule that people in my age demographic have to pay attention to the task at hand and refrain from playing on the phone.  Pffft! :lol:  Pretty much what Alexshow said, but also the execution of the maze was spot on, the scenery was far superior to Hollywood, and there were many, many, Walkers who were aggressive with scares.  The Terminites (ha) interacted with the guests, and dare I say, had guns in a few of the scenes that resulted in effective action scenes.

Edit: Impressed with Forever's description of WD,  who posted just prior to my original post.  Amazing house. Polar opposite of Hollywood's more intimate maze. 

Edited by AsylumSB
  • Like 1

Kingundisputed, I think you might have accidentally confused which TWD house from last year foREVer56 was talking about. From your post it sounds like you're only talking about the TWD mazes in Hollywood, while Rev was talking about the mega TWD house in Orlando.

^yup. Based off videos I've seen of previous years, 2012's TWD in Hollywood was pretty amazing. Don't remember thinking much of 2013's and never bothered watching 2014's.

TWD was the longest wait every night in 2012 (usually around 200 min), but not too bad in 2013 (most crowded year up to that point, and still the highest wait was 130 at any house). Last year was fucking terrible for lines at all houses (TWD, AvP, Halloween and Drac Untold were routinely 150-180, with the rest 90-130 on the worst nights), but Halloween was usually the longest line of the night, and when TWD was posting the 160-180min wait times, it was usually off by a LOT. I think last year was the first year TWD was in the running for guest favorite, but it was still seconded by Halloween. Didn't even come close in 2013, and it didn't win in 2012 either.

TWD is never an amazing house, or the unanimous favorite of the event, but last year's was the closest to that happening. 

Just returned from the RUSH concert and I guess it is an unwritten rule that people in my age demographic have to pay attention to the task at hand and refrain from playing on the phone.  Pffft! :lol:  Pretty much what Alexshow said, but also the execution of the maze was spot on, the scenery was far superior to Hollywood, and there were many, many, Walkers who were aggressive with scares.  The Terminites (ha) interacted with the guests, and dare I say, had guns in a few of the scenes that resulted in effective action scenes.

Edit: Impressed with Forever's description of WD,  who posted just prior to my original post.  Amazing house. Polar opposite of Hollywood's more intimate maze. 

Saw RUSH in Tampa a few months ago. What a show!

^yup. Based off videos I've seen of previous years, 2012's TWD in Hollywood was pretty amazing. Don't remember thinking much of 2013's and never bothered watching 2014's.

TWD was the longest wait every night in 2012 (usually around 200 min), but not too bad in 2013 (most crowded year up to that point, and still the highest wait was 130 at any house). Last year was fucking terrible for lines at all houses (TWD, AvP, Halloween and Drac Untold were routinely 150-180, with the rest 90-130 on the worst nights), but Halloween was usually the longest line of the night, and when TWD was posting the 160-180min wait times, it was usually off by a LOT. I think last year was the first year TWD was in the running for guest favorite, but it was still seconded by Halloween. Didn't even come close in 2013, and it didn't win in 2012 either.

TWD is never an amazing house, or the unanimous favorite of the event, but last year's was the closest to that happening. 

Saw RUSH in Tampa a few months ago. What a show!

"The World is... The World is..."B)

Anywayz, I think the point of the current discussion is that Walking Dead can be done differently in Hollywood with great results.  It all comes down to whether there is a concerted effort to bolster the property or continue on autopilot. 

TWD was the worst maze last year, it was boring, lacking in detail, and the times I went through the scare actors were lacking energy. In 2012 it was pretty good and arguably the best maze that year but my favorite has to go to 2013's maze, I absolutely LOVED that maze and gave me probably one of the biggest scares ever since attending HHN in 2009.  This year there's a lot they can do with it but will only work if Murdy puts more attention into it which I feel he didn't last year, he was probably as fatigue of the property as we were and was being forced to do it so he quickly put a couple of scenes that were missing the scope of detail and intensity the first two mazes had to offer and moved on to other priorities. 

I know we all argue about TWD being at the event but this year with the rumor that it will only be a maze if Murdy returns to the feels of the 1st 2 mazes I would honestly be looking forward to it. Give us a huge destroyed Terminus façade, intense forest scenes and amp up the gore and scares a bit and we got a pretty solid maze. 

• Like 2

Facebook post about saying

Famished-Feeling Hungry with a weird emoji next to it. TWD announcement tonight?

beat me to it.

So the hhn facebook just posted 30 min ago Famished? And in the comments somebody asked Maze Update? And they replied Maybe...

So next maze tonight or tomorrow

also the parisian maze is looking like a huge facade

that is f'en huge

• Like 1

So the hhn facebook just posted 30 min ago Famished? And in the comments somebody asked Maze Update? And they replied Maybe...

So next maze tonight or tomorrow

also the parisian maze is looking like a huge facade

For some reason I can't see pictures on this forum. Anybody care to link me to the source of this one?

Shit it's back 

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/tv/2015/07/30/walking-dead-hollywood-horror-nights-universal-studio/30868957

it actually sounds promising though. Kind of looking forward it. 

This year, Universal Studios Hollywood will introduce the original "The Walking Dead: Wolves Not Far" maze — which it promises is the "biggest, longest, most gruesome maze ever built at the West Coast destination...with twice as many, never-before-seen walkers."

This is exciting news!! Hopefully it'll compare to the 2012 maze

Edited by dustblackangel

oh no what does this even mean :///

image.jpg

I would guess Dubstep scarezone or just music for the front of the park.

BTW have you guys seen the trailer for The Night Before? It's something that could be advertised by This is the End.