Halloween Horror Nights - Hollywood 2015 Speculation

Are all scarezones original this year? Because that means TWD is just a maze. Even though John already confirmed it would just be a maze. 

possibly but there is a rumor that there will be an IP scare zone in the Lower Lot

Putting my 2 cents in: Have we already considered or shot down the possibility of TitE being the premise for the new show? Sounds like that could work. Maybe the leak list was for everything and not just mazes?

I just find it hard to believe that Murdy would choose TitE to be a maze because of his love for The Exorcist. There are a ton of other, more suitable exorcism movies floating around out there, one of them with a release date coming up. I mean... if it were me and I wanted 28 Days Later but couldn't have it, my first thought wouldn't be to try for Shaun of the Dead. But maybe that's just me.

• Like 1

And he said around 2014 that there's an idea he has that could get him fired, which he put into motion for this years event. I think TITE is actually happening this year. Connects to 1967 and this is the biggest piece of evidence we have. 

Rock Festival is being announced at ScareLA so looks like we won't know about TITE for a little bit more. But by my spec that's Halloween so that'll be a cool announcement for those in attendance. I think TWD is next for announcements based off the time to piss people off. TWD, Halloween, then AvP or TITE in any order thereafter. 

Edited by HorrorNightsFan13

Well... He also said this...

I think it's funny when I read rumors where people claim to know the reasons for certain things and of course are completely ignorant...

... I always think, "wow I didn't realize you were in the room with me when I was trying to make that deal!" Silly, silly, silly...

With that being said, him mentioning that TiTE should be a maze could mean just what he says. In that case, it still doesn't mean it would guarantee that it's taking place. The alternative is that he knows we're discussing TiTE and he's just messing with whoever asked that question. That seems just as likely as a scenario as the 1st option in my opinion.

Has Murdy ever given such a blatant clue?

Edited by ThNdIzNiR

That tweet was posted in 2013 so saying he was messing with them because he knows we're talking about it is irrelevant. 

What tweet? The one I quoted? If so, no... it was posted on his twitter 3 days ago.

1. ...but I guess that's why Al Gore invented the Internet! LOL.

2 retweets23 favorites
     Retweet2
     Favorite23
    More

... I always think, "wow I didn't realize you were in the room with me when I was trying to make that deal!" Silly, silly, silly...

3 retweets29 favorites
     Retweet3
     Favorite29
    More

I think it's funny when I read rumors where people claim to know the reasons for certain things and of course are completely ignorant...

Edited by ThNdIzNiR

how would it work for a show? Just curious?

I feel the same IF it is happening I doubt it's to sustain his desire for a Exorcist maze... if that was the case that's kind of depressing. 

It could be like The Hanging or Bill & Ted. A celebrity roast. The show is set at Franco's house where celebrities meet and get killed off one by one during the apocalypse. One or more of the main characters could host. And the last celeb alive gets to join the backstreet boys in the finale number. lol 

• Like 1

What tweet? The one I quoted? If so, no... it was posted on his twitter 3 days ago.

1. ...but I guess that's why Al Gore invented the Internet! LOL.

2 retweets23 favorites
     Retweet2
     Favorite23
    More

3 retweets29 favorites
     Retweet3
     Favorite29
    More

oh no I was talking about the one about This Is The End. Him saying it should be a maze. 

Putting my 2 cents in: Have we already considered or shot down the possibility of TitE being the premise for the new show? Sounds like that could work. Maybe the leak list was for everything and not just mazes?

I just find it hard to believe that Murdy would choose TitE to be a maze because of his love for The Exorcist. There are a ton of other, more suitable exorcism movies floating around out there, one of them with a release date coming up. I mean... if it were me and I wanted 28 Days Later but couldn't have it, my first thought wouldn't be to try for Shaun of the Dead. But maybe that's just me.

But you gotta admit... Shaun of the Dead would be a fucking SICK house.

• Like 2

And he said around 2014 that there's an idea he has that could get him fired, which he put into motion for this years event. I think TITE is actually happening this year. Connects to 1967 and this is the biggest piece of evidence we have. 

Rock Festival is being announced at ScareLA so looks like we won't know about TITE for a little bit more. But by my spec that's Halloween so that'll be a cool announcement for those in attendance. I think TWD is next for announcements based off the time to piss people off. TWD, Halloween, then AvP or TITE in any order thereafter. 

I don't think he'd get fired for this is the end unless he intended to use a giant demon penis puppet. I think after all the drama last year with purge it's easier for him to get fire now than back then 

Murdy has confirmed that the entrance of the park scarezone is a all new, never done before at HHN theme. 

That's all fine and dandy, though is the scare zone itself going to be all new? As in, no fire towers, some kind of barker/heckler in the front...basically no more riding the coattails of Welcome to Hell like every scare zone after it.

Edited by Tobias

Can someone describe the Welcome to Hell scarezone? I went to the event for the first time in 2012 so I had never heard of it but you guys make it sound like its the god of all scarezones. 

That's because it was....until Dark Christmas showed up. 

Can someone describe the Welcome to Hell scarezone? I went to the event for the first time in 2012 so I had never heard of it but you guys make it sound like its the god of all scarezones. 

it had the fire towers, a preacher as the speaking roll, a stilt walking demon with massive horns, and a bunch of skull demon things walking around. It was awesome

Welcome to Hell brought in the fire towers, for the barker/heckler they had a preacher with a megaphone on top of a bunch of skeletons/corpses, if I recall the fire towers also had all the various sins graffitti'd on them. Also, the go-go dancers were in this zone. On the bloody side but without a doubt the skimpiest outfits out of all the go-go's. As for scareactors, demon stiltwalkers with large horns, demonic chainsaw wielding monks etc. On top of all that you had a bunch of rock and heavy metal blasting throughout the zone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=REurMUEsKdo

Edited by Tobias

By the way, how does TitE connect to 1967? I've heard that it does but haven't seen an explanation.

I heard something about a song by The Doors called The End but that's all. Sounds pretty loose to me crossing my fingers that it actually isn't TiTe but I believe it is.