Halloween Horror Nights - Hollywood 2015 Speculation

I was saying that the last time we had to wait until morning, the walking dead was announced, also nobody thought it was going to be walking dead so it was a complete surprise, yes it was a joke.

Does anyone think the insidious subtitle will be the same or something different

The next maze to be announced will be the one code named "Post Punk" A hint to the theme can be found in a song title by a "post punk" band

Insidious up next. Who figured out the code name 1st over here anyways?

I did. It was basically right when the codename was announced too. 

• Like 2

Did anyone see the tweet that supposably this was a Classic Monster attraction and called Murdy John Corfino? Haha

anyways idk I3 being announced kinda takes a little fire out of the "this is the end" line up because I was figuring this would be the scare LA maze since it would be pointless to announce anything else from that list. We have had TWD, AvP, and Halloween before, so that seems a bit lame to make a big deal out of and since this is the end is not horror related it's kinda the wrong place idk that's just how I see it.

Anyone  still trying to solve Rock Festival? I'm still leaning towards TWD. But I know with a decent level of certainty that the band performing the song we're looking for is either Jefferson Airplane, Crosby Stills & Nash. However there is a slight possibility (they only performed at 1 of the 3 festivals) it could be or Big Brother and the Holding Company or Eric Burdon & the Animals.

Songs played in 2 festivals:

Jefferson Airplane... The Other Side of this Life, Somebody to Love, 3/5ths a Mile in 10 Seconds, White Rabbit, Come Back Baby, Volunteers, and the Ballad of You, Me and Pooneil

Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young... Pre-Road Downs, and Long Time Gone.

It almost certainly has to be either a Jefferson Airplane or Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young because both had songs played at more than 1 festival and they both had members associated with the band pass away this year (which was an added clue).

I did find something that is probably just a coincidence... Harry was the codename being used for AWiL over on the East side. Big Brother and the Holding Company (who lost a member in 2015) performed a song called Harry at the Monterey Pop Festival. I just don't see how the rest of the clues from Rock Festival fit AWiL though. 

Anyone have any final input since the answer will be released in the next few weeks?

Edited by ThNdIzNiR

#1 Crosby Stills and Nash played 'Suite: Judy Blue Eyes' at Woodstock and Altamont

#2 Illinois is home to all 4 major sports team through Chicago Cubs, white sox, Bulls, bears, and Blackhawks. 

#3 Michael the archangel is in the old and new testament. Michael a. Stockpile wrote 8 novels based in the Star Wars universe. 

#4 Dallas Taylor the Crosby stills and Nash drummer died 1/18/15

#5 played at Woodstock and altamont

if you haven't figured out the connection. Judy=Judith Myers. Halloween takes place in Haddonfield , Illinois. Michael Myers. Rock Festical is Halloween in my opinion. I re connected it to this because he shut down TWD as rock festival. 

• Like 2

#1 Crosby Stills and Nash played 'Suite: Judy Blue Eyes' at Woodstock and Altamont

#2 Illinois is home to all 4 major sports team through Chicago Cubs, white sox, Bulls, bears, and Blackhawks. 

#3 Michael the archangel is in the old and new testament. Michael a. Stockpile wrote 8 novels based in the Star Wars universe. 

#4 Dallas Taylor the Crosby stills and Nash drummer died 1/18/15

#5 played at Woodstock and altamont

if you haven't figured out the connection. Judy=Judith Myers. Halloween takes place in Haddonfield , Illinois. Michael Myers. Rock Festical is Halloween in my opinion. I re connected it to this because he shut down TWD as rock festival. 

I'm excited for Halloween, not excited for the fact that it matches that lineup

Where did you get the setlist that says CSN played that song at Altamont? 

and...

Hint #3 what does a character from the Old Testament, the New Testament and the Star Wars film franchise have in common?

"a character from the film franchise" might not be equal to an author of their books???

A good a guess as any though.

Edited by ThNdIzNiR

Oops. Forgot the film part. I just remembered Franchise and that would be a cheeky connection Murdy would use. However. There is another Michael. Michael Kaplan designed the costumes for The Force Awakens. And sorry, scratch Altamont. Woodstock. The played it at Woodstock. 

Edited by HorrorNightsFan13

Oops. Forgot the film part. I just remembered Franchise and that would be a cheeky connection Murdy would use. However. There is another Michael. Michael Kaplan designed the costumes for The Force Awakens. And sorry, scratch Altamont. Woodstock. The played it at Woodstock. 

He's still not a character though. Is it possible that that whole clue is a red herring?

Going to something else..It seems we have another rumor, coming from one of the sources of the leaked Lineup. This year, theres apparently a show coming, but the thing is..Its going to be revolving with the Jabbawockeez. This rumor entails it being located within the Castle Theatre also. There was also another person which heard from a person from Booking at the Luxor also mentioned of Jabbawockeez coming to HHN.

Thoughts if its true?

Edited by Alexshow

Hmmm, while I do like the Jabbawockeez...yeah they're not exactly a dance group that's known for doing horror themed performances. (They probably could though.) Though a couple things to consider.

1. A show is better then no show. 2. Hey, the group has Murdy's favorite letter at the very end of the name! 3. Remember the last time they tried having a horror themed show in the Castle Theater that wasn't Bill & Ted? Fear Factor Live: Dead Celebrity Edition. OUCH.

Admittedly if they were to have a dance troupe I'd put in Academy of Villains since they've done plenty of horror themed performances. But then again, they might've already been booked by Knott's who'ved used them in the Elvira show.

• Like 2

@HorrorNights how many more years will you be the creative director, before you retire? Then who will take your place?

Answer: well I guess I can reveal something I have never revealed. When I originally decided to come back to Hollywood and bring back HHN...I had a specific amount of years in mind that I would do the event. I never told anybody what that was. But should I really reveal that?

The number was 10. Thank you and good night

Murdy Just confirmed that this would be his last year. Unless his plan of 10 years has changed.