Halloween Horror Nights - Hollywood 2015 Speculation

John confirmed its an All-IP year. Puts some more validity for that leaked line-up.

I feel like I just said this exact thing two posts ago. (;

And Murdy just said not everything's time sensitive this year.. So...

Also, thinking about This is the End. I mean, we need one joke maze right... We won't have Monster's Remix/dubstep anymore. (And just my opinion, we don't need a joke maze, but still..)

Edited by Kurseddragon

I agree, it just doesn't make a whole lot of sense. There's not much about the film that would lend itself to a maze for starters. The main appeal and most unique aspect of the film (the celebrities) would be impossible to reproduce) and It's not like the film has stuck around much in popularity or anything.

There are plenty of non horror type films that might make an interesting haunted attraction. But TITE is certainly not one that springs immediately to mind for a bunch of reasons.

I think the this is the end maze is something to mess with our minds. Theres no way in hell that this could be a maze off of the movie. The only thing if the name is true is a best of maze... that would still be ips and would not be original content. I think murdys lol at everyone thinking its from the movie..

I'm telling you, the only reason Murdy picked that up is to meet up with all of the major celebs. Screw time-sensitivity, I want to meet Franco, Hill, and Rogan!

If This Is The End turns out to be true, you've probably hit the nail right on the head here.

This Is The End also doesn't meet Murdy's requirements for a maze that he has laid out. If we are getting this two years late with most people forgetting it was even made why cant a movie like Trick R Treat, for example, be brought to the event when its much more popular?

• Like 1

Looks like Krampus is a no go... I asked Murdy if he has seen any footage of Krampus yet and this was his response.

@ThNdIzNiR it doesn't come out till Dec. so just what's been released at SDCC

View conversation0 retweets0 favorites
 Retweet
 Favorite
More

I'd imagine that he would have seen more footage and most likely it would have happened prior to SDCC if he was using it at HHN. 

Does anyone think they'll do First Stab or whatever it's called again this year?

If so I have a question: It's for annual passholders (right?) but does it have to be a non-blackout date? Or does it matter what day it is?

I don't think so I know we did it on a Saturday but it was my friend's annual pass so I don't know for sure but I would imagine being a weekend event it wouldn't matter.

Imagine if the movie Murdy was going to use wasn't This is the End, but instead Apocalypse Now. They used The Doors song The End in it (in the trailer too). That movie would make a much scarier house than This is the End (especially considering what took place in the Vietnam War). Of course, it would be an awfully inconsiderate move if they ever did make a house based on that film all things considered. 

So the event officially kicks off the 18th of September. The banner photo on the Horrornights Twitter says so. No surprise there.

And Murdy just tweeted this

"So you never know what you might see now or in the future. In any case our slate is locked and the next release is right around the corner

So get ready for that next maze announcement. Yay!

Edited by dustblackangel