Halloween Horror Nights - Hollywood 2015 Speculation

I mean it makes sense look at Legendary also is part of Guillermo Del Toro's Crimson Peak, Universal and Legendary are starting their partnership with a bang this year with Jurassic Park, Krampus and Crimson Peak in my humble opinion with a lot of great in house properties coming from both their partnership with Legendary and the one with Blum House this year why pass these up? Plus both Del Toro and Dougherty have been itching to do something with HHNH so it makes sense.

Get #VIP passes to Universal @HorrorNights & meet creative director John Murdy! Pledge to the #Mankiller campaign! http://t.co/X8o53KcRx1

— Gale Anne Hurd (@GunnerGale)

March 29, 2015
TWD is returning for sure

or maybe Terminator is the non horror property and these are the friends he's talking about

probably just the walking dead

Edited by Ridesandstuff

I think we should've known that there will be lots of returning/rehashed content knowing Murdy has been distrcted with so much stuff this year. He's been jumping from the upcoming attraction to the nighttime tour and then HHN. He is stretching himself thin. I would not be surprised at all of our event absolutely sucks overall and that just makes me MAD.

What's rumored over in Florida? NINE HOUSES, and upcharge house, American Horror Story, two park event, the return of Jack, and other cool stuff.

Over here? Walking Dead, Insidious, another 3D rocker maze, and some other new stuff, but overall, it will be the crap we've seen before. Same Walking Dead takeover, same everything. No new inspiration put into it. That's sad being its the ten year anniversary.

I'm done ranting. I'm not so active on speculation because I have a gut feeling this year will suck. If this isn't one of our worst years, it certainly won't be as good as this year.

I'm sorry for being a downer, but I'm sick of Orlando putting on a quality event when ours always seems lackluster in comparison.

• Like 1

I think we should've known that there will be lots of returning/rehashed content knowing Murdy has been distrcted with so much stuff this year. He's been jumping from the upcoming attraction to the nighttime tour and then HHN. He is stretching himself thin. I would not be surprised at all of our event absolutely sucks overall and that just makes me MAD.

What's rumored over in Florida? NINE HOUSES, and upcharge house, American Horror Story, two park event, the return of Jack, and other cool stuff.

Over here? Walking Dead, Insidious, another 3D rocker maze, and some other new stuff, but overall, it will be the crap we've seen before. Same Walking Dead takeover, same everything. No new inspiration put into it. That's sad being its the ten year anniversary.

I'm done ranting. I'm not so active on speculation because I have a gut feeling this year will suck. If this isn't one of our worst years, it certainly won't be as good as this year.

I'm sorry for being a downer, but I'm sick of Orlando putting on a quality event when ours always seems lackluster in comparison.

HOLD UP A SECOND....

I was not aware HHNH sucked last year and was rehashed?

We have Speculation on....

American Horror Story

Krampus

Insidious 3

Crimson Peak

A Non Horror Property: Pan's Labyrinth/Jurassic World

Sam's Original Twisted Holidays maze

Sinister

The Evil Within

Possible New Show(s)

New locations for the Terror Tram due to Night Time Tour expansions

A whole new Maze venue to replace HOH

and one little spec hit's the fan and it's all over? What's With the rage quit? We knew this was happening at least it has not been the same 4 houses for the last four years, if you don't want to do TWD don't go in that maze, if you don't wanna buy the merch don't buy it, think Orlando is better than Hollywood go to Orlando. If even half of what we have been speculating turns out to be true it will be fun for me.

Ferox has a point it does get annoying that we know nothing so far 100% but a small percent turns out to be something you guys don't want and the event has gone down hill and Murdy is single handling ruining Halloween. Jeez.

First off, I didn't say last year sucked. It was one of my favorites. I'm really concerned because TWD is returning and Murdy is putting more on his plate than usual. You're inevitably going g to stretch yourself thin.

WHEN TWD returns, I don't see the back lot experience being different or the Terror Tram. No way they'll do a mini show with TWD Tram. If the Walking Dead only returned as Terror Tram I would be fine with that.

I just don't see TWD and AHS happening together. I just can't. I don't even see seven out of eleven of those things happening.

So you see all 7 houses being The Walking Dead? That's just silly, or do you see this year sucking just cuz of one scare zone staying the same and Terror Tram which you have not liked since 09 anyways? I don't know why a mini show would make it any better? Cool yeah but does it ultimately make the Terror Tram better or worse?

Just saying by the logic every year we have the walking Dead will suck. So last year sucked because Walking Dead came back.

I mean we know nothing about this year yet let's taking it easy on the year being ruined.

^Seems like he meant that since Murdy has had more than normal on his plate this year as a worker, being the new attraction, nighttime tram, HHN, etc., plus he just had a second kid (I think?), that he may have had less time to put thought and work into creating this year's HHN, which could cause the quality to drop. It's a plausible worry, I'd say, because if he has been overly busy this year, he may just result to bringing in some older properties that are more familiar to him to make it easier.

In Orlando the NLC trio are being heavily speculated, with NoES having the highest chance, and there's a good chance they'd share it. Insidious and TWD both have the biggest chances out of any IP due to awareness. Then there's the Dark Christmas/Krampus house rumor. That's 4/7 houses that are reused ideas. Throw in Crimson Peak, some half assed 3D house, and the Non-horror property Murdy's talking about, and there's your event.

I haven't been following this side of the forum's speculation as closely as I have been following Orlando's, so none of that could be happening for all I know. My point is that I understand where Freak's concerns are coming from. I'm actually planning on flying out to Hollywood for HHN for the first time this year, so I hope it doesn't suck.

^Seems like he meant that since Murdy has had more than normal on his plate this year as a worker, being the new attraction, nighttime tram, HHN, etc., plus he just had a second kid (I think?), that he may have had less time to put thought and work into creating this year's HHN, which could cause the quality to drop. It's a plausible worry, I'd say, because if he has been overly busy this year, he may just result to bringing in some older properties that are more familiar to him to make it easier.

Thank you. That's exactly what I'm trying to say. I guess my main thesis wasn't clear.

I'm going to fly out to Orlando this year. I noticed that both years I've flown to Orlando, Hollywood at least IMO, was CRAP (2010 and 13). You're probably out of luck. :P

At least Orlando will be guaranteed to be good.

Like I expressed above, it's all about Murdy having far more on his plate than usual. I don't think I'm being silly at all for worrying about that. That's especially considering that he is obsessed with reusing gags (I.e. Hoarde scare, 3D, body-cut-in-half, gutting gag, black walls, big puppets, etc.). If you're busy with a crap-load of stuff hes inevitably going to cut corners by pulling maze layouts off the shelf and reusing gags. This is why the team needs to expand. The event is getting bigger but the team still remains small.

If I remember correctly I think Murdy flat out said it wasn't possible to do FvJ on Twitter earlier this year. I may have the person wrong, but I could've sworn someone said it. I've been saying since last year's AvP that the next logical step would be FvJ, and it'd be an AWESOME house. But I don't think it's possible.

And I hope this is the first time it's not total crap when you fly out here. xD

I haven't seen any of the spinoff but I would rather have that which will probably have more to work with than this season of TWD. If it's even coming. That tweet doesn't say anything, it's probably just the producer promoting her project and since they have worked together for a few years, it would be a cool way to get even more money for her movie

• Like 1

Why the NLC properties? The F13 remake comes out in 2016.

I only mentioned the NLC trio cuz they're being speculated over on the Orlando side. Doesn't mean it's gonna happen for either coast but it's an option. Jason might wait till 2016, but Kreuger has a shot this year.

In Orlando the NLC trio are being heavily speculated, with NoES having the highest chance, and there's a good chance they'd share it. Insidious and TWD both have the biggest chances out of any IP due to awareness. Then there's the Dark Christmas/Krampus house rumor. That's 4/7 houses that are reused ideas. Throw in Crimson Peak, some half assed 3D house, and the Non-horror property Murdy's talking about, and there's your event.

I haven't been following this side of the forum's speculation as closely as I have been following Orlando's, so none of that could be happening for all I know. My point is that I understand where Freak's concerns are coming from. I'm actually planning on flying out to Hollywood for HHN for the first time this year, so I hope it doesn't suck.

It's not just this year it's every year the Walking Dead returned that TWD is single handling ruining the event quote, unquote. Yeah I'm a fan of TWD and yes I admit TWD as a property for HHN is a bit stale at this point but the only year out the last 3 year that was lackluster was the first year we used Walking Dead but that was because of mazes not being finished in time and maze changes. Then there's the always present argument Murdy will ruin the event A.) Because he likes Walking Dead too much B.) Because he is lazy. C.) because he wants to promote something D.)Because he like hanging out with celebrities. No Offense to you or Freak I'm just saying "CHILL" it's March we knew TWD was coming back with a NEW maze as well as Terror Tram. There is still Chris Williams who from a lot of interviews is the one who did a lot of the work last year. I mean we are freaking out when nothing is official yet. The facts are.....

TWD is all but confirmed.

Speculations are first with high probability

Universal is gonna want to promote their big horror movies this year

Crimson Peak (NEW)

Insidious 3 (Which will be based one only the 3rd movie more than likely since why would Universal pay for the rights they DON'T own just to repeat a room or 2, so about 90% sure it will be NEW)

Krampus (yeah we had Dark Christmas but it would be based off of Michael Dougherty's film "Krampus, NEW)

Maybes

With Speculation of AHS in Orlando we could very well do American Horror Story (NEW)

With the Partnership with Legendary Pictures and Universal bringing us Crimson Peak and Krampus and possibly to HHN. Which would in turn mean Murdy gets to work with two people he is friends with and have been wanting to work with who are ironically friends with each other as well, Michael Dougherty and Guillermo Del Toro leads to speculations of

Michael Dougherty making an original maze based off of Sam twisting Holidays. (NEW)

The Non-Horror Property being Pan's Labyrinth (NEW).

The Non-Horror Property being Jurassic World (Another Universal and Legendary Film, New)

Then there are wild cards.

The Evil Within (Hit video game being called the Resident Evil of this generation, which Murdy has been considering despite Silent Hill's failure in 2011, NEW)

The Strain (If both AHS and Crimson Peak Rumors are both true, NEW)

From Dusk Till Dawn Season 2 (New Maze, Returning property)

No where so far have we gotten anything on Rockers or 3D mazes (I also want to say Clowns was not a rocker maze, it had nothing to do with Slash or his music outside his cameo... He just scored the maze.)

I am not trying to piss anyone off just saying "Dudes let's chill out for a bit, Speculation is good so far and it is only March." No need to worry on things that may not happen.

I hate the name so bad.

Youtube... sooner or later.

• Like 1

^There is a possibility of a rocker maze this year: Iron Maiden. That's a STRONG possibility. Murdy said that he's working on a maze the requires a lot of research on history. What are their songs mainly about? Oh, and they're supposed to release a new album later this year (Fall?)....just lime Alice, Black Sabbath, and Slash did. Murdy also replied to someone asking g about a Maiden maze and replied with something like "I think it would make a great maze".

PROMOTE! PROMOTE! PROMOTE! Calling it now. Uni can promote while getting to meet Iron Maiden

^There is a possibility of a rocker maze this year: Iron Maiden. That's a STRONG possibility. Murdy said that he's working on a maze the requires a lot of research on history. What are their songs mainly about? Oh, and they're supposed to release a new album later this year (Fall?)....just lime Alice, Black Sabbath, and Slash did. Murdy also replied to someone asking g about a Maiden maze and replied with something like "I think it would make a great maze".

PROMOTE! PROMOTE! PROMOTE! Calling it now. Uni can promote while getting to meet Iron Maiden

And what's the problem if they're promoting something and Murdy gets to work with someone he's a fan of? If anything, that means he's more passionate about said property which makes it more likely the maze will be good - compared to him working with a director or creator he dislikes or did not want to meet. I'm not the biggest fan of our music based mazes, but I enjoy some aspects of them and appreciate the variety in maze line ups when we get a house like that. Why get so worked up over any of this when its all speculation, especially when we haven't seen any concept art or more details on any of these potential mazes?

• Like 1

^^^

Agreed 100%

and so what if one maze is Iron Maiden based, and one is Walking Dead... the mazes are not even announced yet how do you know it will be awful? Even if they are that's 2 vs 5 that is still an over all great event. BTW would not call Iron Maiden a strong possibility maybe in the wild card group but strong possibility?

BTW every maze since 2007 has basically been promoting something or someone that's what happens when you make mazes based off of Movies, TV, ect.

• Like 1