Halloween Horror Nights 25 Wishful Thinking

Legacy

Longest line does NOT equate to attendance, which is all they care about. The show will do well regardless of the house. The house, at least how they've been, will not attract fans to the show. People will attend the park regardless of the house, HHN is just popular.

I agree and disagree at the same time. HHN is popular and obviously that means most of the houses will end up with long lines. That being said, I never saw Dracula or FDTD over 1 hour last year while I consistently saw TWD at 2+ hours. Of the three nights I went I only visited TWD once and was not a fan, but obviously either interest or word of mouth were strong enough that people found it worthwhile to wait 2+ hours to get in the house.

TWD will always get the longest lines, but other houses always get HOTY (last year it came close in 3rd)

So many things are involved in HOTY selection, bringing it up to discuss house popularity is silly. Did you know that cast turn-over is a factor? That's one of the main reasons a Disaster house has never won. Down-time affects it, too. That's why any house that goes down for more than an house because of a leak or injury is essentially out of the running. The amount of cast members that call in sick? Yep.

HOTY isn't the best factor for anything.

Edited by Legacy
  • Like 2

Well what about a house based off Fear the Walking Dead?

Take the "Fear" out of Fear The Walking Dead, and it's the Walking Dead. It would still be the Walking Dead, so there's really no point (besides attendance) for it to be based off Fear. Problem is, attendance IS the one that counts the most. Though, honestly they would get more "attendance" just basing it off the current show, in my opinion.

Edited by ForeverEvil1

Take the "Fear" out of Fear The Walking Dead, and it's the Walking Dead. It would still be the Walking Dead, so there's really no point (besides attendance) for it to be based off Fear.

I have to disagree. While zombies are zombies (and I believe we will end up with the original series), Fear would offer aspects that the current series doesn't. The new series is going to cover the initial outbreak. An initial outbreak would include a more varied form a character instead of the monotony that is "all walkers all the time". Looters, patients, army personnel. Even with the Woodbury and Terminus scenes, the houses have been extremely monotonous in the amount of zombies.

Fear the Walking Dead could be a relief from that monotony. There would be more survivors (that are not primary actors) then there would be zombies at the start of the outbreak.

Really? The initial outbreak? No traditional Romero zombie movie/show has ever addressed it because it can't happen... Unless it is a biological weapon that mass kills and converts victims (would have to be more than half the population).

A zombie's main food source is also it's number one predator. They are slow and can't make rational decisions. A zombie bite creates another zombie... But not right away. Maybe if the first zombie goes on a stealth biting spree and the entire town is somehow asleep through the whole thing... But then the military would still be able to quarantine a town. The conversion would have to be fast and the zombie would need to be fast. Which is completely opposite of a Romero zombie.

There are roughly 9 guns to every 10 adult Americans. When one large man with a hammer can wade through a virtual theme park of zombies with nary a scratch... It just makes it all the more laughable.

But of course they break the laws of thermodynamics, Biology, physics... nature in general.

All that to say I'm VERY interested to see how they handle it. But If it's anything like how they handle any other logical issue with the show then they will just ignore any and all issues.

• Like 1

Hmm in that case, I predict they will go with the infectious disease that spreads rapidly and kills most people (a la The Stand). A small percentage of people are immune/carriers but once they die the virus still can reanimate them. They still with discard the rest of the logic (or lack thereof) of what makes zombies tick as a undefinable black box.

If they ever do a maze based off a horror game again, it should be based on Bloodborne. Scariest game I have played this year and it has potential to be an awesome house if executed well!

If they ever do a maze based off a horror game again, it should be based on Bloodborne. Scariest game I have played this year and it has potential to be an awesome house if executed well!

Bloodborne would make an amazing house. Maybe when the next Dark Souls comes out they can make a house.

On another note, is this our house lineup?:

TWD

Insidious

FVJ

Scream

AWIL

Hallow'd Past 2

Run 3

Asylum in Wonderland

Blizzard

Edited by Dead Inside

On another note, is this our house lineup?:

TWD

Insidious

FVJ

Scream

AWIL

Hallow'd Past 2

Run 3

Asylum in Wonderland

Blizzard

In essence maybe? I wouldn't be quick to throw label on the original houses just yet.

• Like 1

2001 Run - Gameshow themed. Gritty. Chainlink fences that moved which allowed the maze to change. The scareactors controlled the fences and could (and would) separate parties. There was an air horn that blew. Disaster (technically still Earthquacke) queue. The house was clearly an homage to The Running Man. They've (A&D) never explicitly stated that it was, but the similarities and themes were there.

2006 Run:Hostile Territory - This house was such an utter disappointment as a sequel that I barely remember it. I remember it was a "traditonal" house (no chainlink or moving "walls") and it had a Hostel type theme. (Which may be wrong since my disdain for the experience clouds my perceptions)

2001 Run - Gameshow themed. Gritty. Chainlink fences that moved which allowed the maze to change. The scareactors controlled the fences and could (and would) separate parties. There was an air horn that blew. Disaster (technically still Earthquacke) queue. The house was clearly an homage to The Running Man. They've (A&D) never explicitly stated that it was, but the similarities and themes were there.

2006 Run:Hostile Territory - This house was such an utter disappointment as a sequel that I barely remember it. I remember it was a "traditonal" house (no chainlink or moving "walls") and it had a Hostel type theme. (Which may be wrong since my disdain for the experience clouds my perceptions)

THAT'S why I don't remember! I didn't start attending until 2005, so I must've gotten 2006 Run-Hostile Territory which was clearly forgettable. Oh, good.. I thought I was losing it. Thank you for the replies. The original sounds significantly better!

• Like 1

Just saw a new Mad Max commercial and they had some very Death Drums-esque scenes in there.

I know they weren't everybody's favorite, but would LOVE a return of that show. I'm a big RHPS fan too, but didn't even go last time out of fatigue. Would love for Death Drums....wWith some past icons dancing / drumming / otherwise participating in the show.

I just want Horror Make-Up to actually run during a Horror based event, but NO! it must be for the stupid VIP bourgeoisie. And Brian Brushwood to perform at Animal Actors/Beetlejuice to eat up some of the crowd. Maybe something akin to 2006's "The Arrival." and show us some of that waterscreen magic every now and then in the lagoon.

• Like 1

I must be the only person who dug it.