Halloween Horror Nights 25 Wishful Thinking

Legacy

OMG, I LOVED Cabin! How could you NOT like that house? Ok, there is an ass for every seat.

Peoria, you and I share a brain. I feel the EXACT same way about the streets. Some of the most fun we've had at HHN was finding a bench near one of the most active scarezones, and just sitting there watching people get the shit scared out of them. Nothing better than hangin in the fog and watching these awesome actors do their thing. Talk about atmosphere.. I probably stood near the front of Grown Evil for hours just to watch.. there hasn't been a scarezone that good since (IMO).

Oh yeah for sure! Grown Evil is my favorite second only to Harvest of Souls. Those zone captured to me what HHN is all about. We would just sit and listen and watch. Every year on our last night I have to literally drag my wife out of the park. Like a little kid! lol

• Like 1

Above^^^

How in the world could someone say that Cabin in the Woods wasn't a good house? I agree with the others. I may not have been attending as long as some of you (this will be my 6th year), but that house is at least in my top 3 since I've been going. Evil Dead was also fairly solid. I will admit that AvP was a bit of a letdown for me though.

I know I've said it before, but I'll never forget the Saws N' Steam scare zone in Sting Alley from HHN 20. Maybe I went through at just the right time, or maybe the scare actor cast was just really good, but it was probably the best, most realistic, and immersive zone I've walked through. Between all the fog and the way those actors were creeping through the fog with their light up goggles while brandishing weapons, it was genuinely creepy. I could really imagine in some post-apocalyptic world having these mutant/crazed people ambushing poor people in an alley just like that. It kinda reminded me of Mad Max. Imagine my surprise when the following year they inserted Lady Luck into that same alley and just how much it paled in comparison. Then the following 3 years there has been nothing. Sad.

I have a question about 1 of the HHN building permits that was filed. Do we know what/where the one filed on April 27th (1st one) is? The other 2 are for SS 22 and the Earthquake Extended Queue.

Edited by ThNdIzNiR
  • Like 1

I have a question about 1 of the HHN building permits that was filed. Do we know what/where the one filed on April 27th (1st one) is? The other 2 are for SS 22 and the Earthquake Extended Queue.

As of the last time I checked (I'll check again around 11pm tonight), it did not have a location. Something similar happened last year though. One of the permits was filed without a location. It was almost a month before it was updated with B79 (parade building) as the location. I called it the mystery permit. The first one this year is Mystery Permit 2.0!

As soon as it updates (if it updates), I will let everyone know.

Later down the road, if the event NEVER comes back to IoA, could/would/should IoA be used as a Halloween event in a way that competes with Mickey's Not-So-Scary?

Wow, I actually think that's a great idea! It could take some of the crowd away from HHN (not by much), and if we do lose up to 4 houses as is being speculated, they could use as much help thinning the crowds as possible, and I think this could be pretty good.

EDIT: Rereading this, it seems kinda sarcastic, and I did not mean for it to sound that way. Is gud idea

Edited by duh1011

and if we do lose up to 4 houses as is being speculated,

Am I interpreting that correctly? Are there really rumors that we could be losing 4 houses in the future? Would that be an event with only 4 houses? Surely, I'm missing something.

Am I interpreting that correctly? Are there really rumors that we could be losing 4 houses in the future? Would that be an event with only 4 houses? Surely, I'm missing something.

Well, if Nintendo does expand into KidZone and the MIB area, we could potentially lose the parade building and tents, and also the Disaster building might not be there soon for HHN either. The Nintendo stuff isn't fact AT ALL, merely educated guesses, and I'm not too sure about Disaster but others are under the impression that that's going to leave. Check out the Nintendo Expansion in regards to HHN thread for the better explanation lol, and let's keep that discussion in there from now on
  • Like 1

Complete Speculation here, but rumors for expansion within the next 5 years put these locations at risk:

-Disaster Queue (definitely losing this one, most likely by Jan 1, 2016, if not sooner)

-Tents 1 and 2 (you know, maybe the Nintendo deal is what stopped the 3rd Sprung from being built last minute. Maybe the proposal included the entire expansion plot, and they'd have to tear down the tent after only using it for 5 months or so.)

-Parade Building (more likely than the tents imo. They can build a new one for the floats easily.)

-Carnage Wearhouse (once they start losing enough USF locations, they'll have to resort to 2 parks, and this was always used in the IoA years)

-Triceratops Encounter (already gone. Velociraptor meet and greet/some type of show opening here next month.)

That's SIX locations. Now, 9-10 houses is still conceivable with a 2 park event in this situation. 6 SSs (4 USF 2 IoA), Poseidon, MiB extended queue (you can 100% fit a house in there. I don't think people realize how big it actually is), Popeye extended queue (literally no idea how, but they've done it several times so I guess it's conceivable), and Discovery Center are all options. If possible, us the train between parks so the walk to MiB/B&T isn't completely unbearable.

Now, further down the road some of those locations will also disappear. But the creative team is, well, creative enough to figure out how to make it all work out. I was worried at first but as I started to think it over there's honestly a lot of options readily available still.

• Like 1

Oh yeah for sure! Grown Evil is my favorite second only to Harvest of Souls. Those zone captured to me what HHN is all about. We would just sit and listen and watch. Every year on our last night I have to literally drag my wife out of the park. Like a little kid! lol

Thanks for this Peoria! Even though the videos weren't as clear as I'd like - I still got chills watching them. Grown Evil.. what a fantastic, amazing piece of art that was.. and I totally get needing to be dragged from the park. Me too - when we arrive at the park for HHN, I literally do the Snoopy Happy Dance up the escalator from parking... and when we have to go home, I do it with a heavy heart. I'm such a total nerd.. but it means so much to me.

I'm going to take the very small bright side of no LT this year and hope that gives me time to find some of you and have a drink with you. Peoria, I'm hoping we are down the same weekend.. Cooger and Dark - I've owed you for two years now (sorry, my friend).

Complete Speculation here, but rumors for expansion within the next 5 years put these locations at risk:

-Disaster Queue (definitely losing this one, most likely by Jan 1, 2016, if not sooner)

-Tents 1 and 2 (you know, maybe the Nintendo deal is what stopped the 3rd Sprung from being built last minute. Maybe the proposal included the entire expansion plot, and they'd have to tear down the tent after only using it for 5 months or so.)

-Parade Building (more likely than the tents imo. They can build a new one for the floats easily.)

-Carnage Wearhouse (once they start losing enough USF locations, they'll have to resort to 2 parks, and this was always used in the IoA years)

-Triceratops Encounter (already gone. Velociraptor meet and greet/some type of show opening here next month.)

That's SIX locations. Now, 9-10 houses is still conceivable with a 2 park event in this situation. 6 SSs (4 USF 2 IoA), Poseidon, MiB extended queue (you can 100% fit a house in there. I don't think people realize how big it actually is), Popeye extended queue (literally no idea how, but they've done it several times so I guess it's conceivable), and Discovery Center are all options. If possible, us the train between parks so the walk to MiB/B&T isn't completely unbearable.

Now, further down the road some of those locations will also disappear. But the creative team is, well, creative enough to figure out how to make it all work out. I was worried at first but as I started to think it over there's honestly a lot of options readily available still.

Well, since HHN is their main moneymaker for 1/8th of the year, a wise decision would be to designate areas in upcoming projects for HHN traffic and house space.

You don't even have to try hard to do so, just build large extended queue areas.

Well, since HHN is their main moneymaker for 1/8th of the year, a wise decision would be to designate areas in upcoming projects for HHN traffic and house space.

You don't even have to try hard to do so, just build large extended queue areas.

I have heard tell that all future attraction plans must be worked into the plans of any major attractions/expansions to the studios and that they would prefer to keep it to the one park. Could they be forced to make it two park due to construction? Possibly. But Teebin on OU says that they want to keep it 'within its most recent boundaries'.

• 2 weeks later...

My Wishful thinking list:

1. Bloody Mary

2. Bloody Mary

3. BLOODY MARY!!!

Phew, now that that is out of the way...my next items on my wishlist are:

4. Bring back American Gothic ( preferably Scare zone, but would be cool as a house ). If not American Gothic At LEAST bring back the Headless Horseman!!! I adored him my first year at HHN back in 2008 and was actually the only character I found frightening to be around! The others I thought were really cool though!!! Oh and Lizzie Borden would be nice to.

5. American Werewolf in London. I had heard rumors that this would come back this year, but have not gotten any confirmation. This house was the scariest house I had ever been in when I went through it!! If not a house, I feel it would make an awesome scarezone!!

6. I would love to see Legendary Truth again. That house had so many creative scares!!

7. Scream. I remember Hollywood doing it for their terror tram, but I think if it was inside an actual sound stage, it would be really effective!!! Plus, I am just a super huge Scream fan.

8. They need to bring back more creative houses and scare zones. that's why I loved Reflections of Fear so much was that each scare zone was completely unique ( I never stepped a foot inside any of the houses, I was only about 11. Almost stepped inside The Hallow, only because I heard the Headless Horseman was in there but the transition to pure day light to pitch black was too much for my child mind).

9. Fractured Tales would be nice to see again. But I think I would rather see Scary Tales 4 or something similar since, again, I never went inside any of the houses during HHN 18.

10. Krampus. Since that new movie is coming out about the Christmas baddie, I thought it would be cool to see him in his own house, or at least a scare zone like Hollywood did.

11. So I know this isn't HHN 25 related, and yes I know it sounds like a stretch, but I think in the future, they should think about bringing the Headless Horseman back as an icon! Think about it, He would be really cool and an easy way into getting back into a world of urban legends and fairy tales gone wrong. And since the way he is designed, they could do a similar projection thing at the gate of the park just like for Bloody Mary, So he could talk to guests as they entered HHN. The event name could something like: Return to Fear. I only wish they hadn't done the Fear icon already, then Headless could have been Fear. But what do ya do? Anyway I'll stop there and just plan on making more of the back story in a new thread. Oh and one last thing: BRING BACK BLOODY MARY!!!

• 3 weeks later...

I'd really like to see either Five Nights at Freddy's, Jurassic World, Krampus, or another Scary Tales. I don't know if any of these ideas are feasible, but damn, they'd be cool to see. We already got some Jurassic Park stuff back in 2002 or so, I'd love to see them go back to that idea.

(Is it too late to post here, or are we all on board for the speculation/official news discussion thing now?)

Ghostbusters would be the year the reboot will get released.

Jurrasic World may work with the sequel

Warner Brothers is in the works to make a FNaF movie so you're not too far off in speculation in a few years

I'm also getting a feeling that FX has no interest in making an AHS house.

Jurrasic World may work with the sequel

Warner Brothers is in the works to make a FNaF movie so you're not too far off in speculation in a few years.

After seeing the new movie, I think they could pull off a Jurassic World house. They could rent Raptor costumes, construct the big hand with claws to reach out and grab at guests and maybe have 1 full sized T-Rex or I-rex costume for the finale. I'm not sure they would be willing to pay the price for all those dinosaur costumes though since they are rather costly. If they used animatronics, it would probably be even more expensive. They could possibly use puppet versions for the raptors, but the larger dinos would probably look silly as puppets.

Please God if you are out there and listening... no FNaF... ever.

After seeing the new movie, I think they could pull off a Jurassic World house. They could rent Raptor costumes, construct the big hand with claws to reach out and grab at guests and maybe have 1 full sized T-Rex or I-rex costume for the finale. I'm not sure they would be willing to pay the price for all those dinosaur costumes though since they are rather costly. If they used animatronics, it would probably be even more expensive. They could possibly use puppet versions for the raptors, but the larger dinos would probably look silly as puppets.

Please God if you are out there and listening... no FNaF... ever.

Couldn't agree more. I'd love to see Jurassic World in Disaster since its such a small walking path. Would be terrifying.

Aren't they using some for the encounter in IoA?

Nope. The encounter is a completely new costume. The ones used in 2002 were just a head and chest piece that would poke out from the bushes. They had no animation to them, but honestly didn't need it.