Hunger Games

Harry Potter

Simpsons Treehouse of Horror

Jurassic Park, which technically isn't horror

Batman?

Effing Doctor Who

Treasure Island

Hell... Twin Peaks

Even Hitchcock, a majority of which wasn't horror or even thrillers, they were murder mysteries.

Even one of those could viably be it.

Or... He could be pulling a carney trick and the answer is...

Hellraiser.

The box is the puzzle box and the friends are the Chernobites.

A Doctor Who house would be interesting. It's never really dawned on me before how much stuff could be put into a DW house.

Why not just do another Scary Tales?

Have they done it in Hollywood? Technically, these clues (assuming that is what they are) may not even apply to us, since they came from Murdy.

That's if it's a clue at all. All we know is that it's not "horror."

Willy Wonka

Hunger Games

Harry Potter

Simpsons Treehouse of Horror

Jurassic Park, which technically isn't horror

Batman?

Effing Doctor Who

Treasure Island

Hell... Twin Peaks

Even Hitchcock, a majority of which wasn't horror or even thrillers, they were murder mysteries.

Even one of those could viably be it.

Or... He could be pulling a carney trick and the answer is...

Hellraiser.

The box is the puzzle box and the friends are the Chernobites.

All are plausible.

I wouldn't be adverse to Willy Wonka. It would probably be amazing.

Effing Doctor Who...

And I'm moving on.

Cenobites. They are cenobites not chernobites!!

In the history of me following Murdy he has never hinted he like Dr. Who.. I'm thinking Hellraiser

I'd love that, but one problem...

I don't think there's any way you'll be able to predict this last maze property...its way outside the typical box of horror. WAY outside!

— Horror Nights (@HorrorNights)

March 6, 2015

Murdy defined this as meaning well known, but not necessarily horror. Hellraiser dosen't fit that in my opinion. I'm heading towards Doctor Who or Pan's Labyrinth (Del Toro) myself. Likely Pan's Labyrinth as Murdy wants to work with Del Toro and as you mentioned, he's never hinted at liking Doctor Who.

Edited by ForeverEvil1

Dahl was said to be so unhappy with Seltzer's rewrite (he felt it focused too much on the Wonka character and not enough on Charlie, and that it had sweetened his story's dark tone) that he refused to allow the movie to be remade again in his lifetime or to sell the film rights to the sequel, 'Charlie and the Great Glass Elevator.' (Dahl died in 1990, 15 years before his estate allowed Tim Burton to remake the 1971 film.)

He felt it wasn't dark enough... Also the story is not public domain. Food for thought.

• Like 1

I want an "Indie Horror" IP year...

The Conspiracy

Exist

Devil's Pass

Digging Up the Marrow

Those movies.

Speaking of Indie horror films, there's one in particular that I've wanted to see come to the event ever since I first watched it. It's called Frankenstein's Army. It's an amazing film, and the monsters are amazing! Here's the trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PMUQ2IMuz8o

• Like 1

Friggin' crowd running around yelling "Exterminate" like they're clever...

It would be the new "MMEAAATTT"

But I have to agree. I wouldn't be able to stand a bunch of kid fans running, messing around, considering a lot of who fans are kids now.

Edited by JackTheREAPER
  • Like 3

Sometimes I feel I'm the only person who doesn't like Dr.Who :/ sorry Planet Earth!

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but you have to at least give them credit for some of the monsters/creatures they've created.

To above ^^^^

Hey. We were all kids once. Those are the next generation haunters that are running and messing around (God help us all). But seriously, unless I'm misunderstanding what you're referring to, I enjoy watching the younger people acting like fools. It just reminds me of how jealous I am of them for having an opportunity to actually hang out in a place as awesome as HHN at their age. Usually we only live once, so have fun while you can. What I am opposed to though, are the ones like I spoke of earlier who have their phone in the palm of their hand in front of their eyes the whole entire time and are oblivious to their whole surrounding. It's bad enough on a regular daily basis to see it, but to see it at HHN hurts my soul.

Edited by ThNdIzNiR
  • Like 4

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but you have to at least give them credit for some of the monsters/creatures they've created.

To above ^^^^

Hey. We were all kids once. Those are the next generation haunters that are running and messing around (God help us all). But seriously, unless I'm misunderstanding what you're referring to, I enjoy watching the younger people acting like fools. It just reminds me of how jealous I am of them for having an opportunity to actually hang out in a place as awesome as HHN at their age. Usually we only live once, so have fun while you can. What I am opposed to though, are the ones like I spoke of earlier who have their phone in the palm of their hand in front of their eyes the whole entire time and are oblivious to their whole surrounding. It's bad enough on a regular daily basis to see it, but to see it at HHN hurts my soul.

I for sure see the appeal Dr.Who has on people, and anyone is free to like it! I've never been one to feel that everyone must agree with me. Some Whovains are insufferable, but super fans of any media can suck! And the Angels would definitely fit in at HHN.

Also I know what you mean about the phone thing, what is worse is being stopped in a house five times because a group is taking selfies... yes this actually happened to me and my group in Walking Dead last year Haha.

Some thoughts:

We, of course, can't be positive that the "way out of the horror box" property will come to us here in Orlando, but as we don't currently have any other official clues to play with and sharing properties isn't unusual...

This property is something that Uni currently does not hold the rights to. Murdy spefically stated he needed to secure the rights. This removes Jurassic Park, Hitchcock, and Ghostbusters (I believe universal still retains the rights to Ghostbusters) as possibilities.

This leaves us with properties that would fall into three categories: SciFi, Fantasy, dark comedy.

Doctor Who and Wonka would be the front runners for this property. Are there any other properties that would appeal to a large number of people, but are not normally thought of as horror.

You mean we can't have a house that's predominately battle scenes and only one type of monster?

With all the beheadings, flayings, giants, white walkers, flaming swords, direwolves, weddings and Hodors, A&D could come up with a compelling house.

You mean we can't have a house that's predominately battle scenes and only one type of monster?

With all the beheadings, flayings, giants, white walkers, flaming swords, direwolves, weddings and Hodors, A&D could come up with a compelling house.

Possibly.

I did think of another possibility. Buffy.

Some thoughts:

We, of course, can't be positive that the "way out of the horror box" property will come to us here in Orlando, but as we don't currently have any other official clues to play with and sharing properties isn't unusual...

This property is something that Uni currently does not hold the rights to. Murdy spefically stated he needed to secure the rights. This removes Jurassic Park, Hitchcock, and Ghostbusters (I believe universal still retains the rights to Ghostbusters) as possibilities.

This leaves us with properties that would fall into three categories: SciFi, Fantasy, dark comedy.

Doctor Who and Wonka would be the front runners for this property. Are there any other properties that would appeal to a large number of people, but are not normally thought of as horror.

Ghostbusters is own by Sony Pictures...

• Like 1