Halloween Horror Nights 25 Wishful Thinking

Legacy

NO! NO! check it out:

DR WHO! Outside the box? Not a movie... a TV show. The box being a television. But also a Police box. Also another word for "friend" is "companion".Dr's sidekick always called a "companion". Not traditionally thought of as horror. Is not a new IP. AND Mike went over there last year.

Boom! *mic drop* :P

I hate you so much...
  • Like 4

NO! NO! check it out:

DR WHO! Outside the box? Not a movie... a TV show. The box being a television. But also a Police box. Also another word for "friend" is "companion".Dr's sidekick always called a "companion". Not traditionally thought of as horror. Is not a new IP. AND Mike went over there last year.

Boom! *mic drop* :P

That would be epic. So many different characters and environments that they could pull from. I'll take Doctor Who over TWD house any day.

So... if Hollywood got Dr. Who, we get it too right??????

I feel as though the "friends" could be our friends across the pond, aka - the Brits (BBC).

It was a television crew from the BBC who 1st discovered Jack's corpse at the abandoned House of Horrors ride. Funny...

Edited by ThNdIzNiR

So... if Hollywood got Dr. Who, we get it too right??????

I feel as though the "friends" could be our friends across the pond, aka - the Brits (BBC).

Could also be Mike who is the Orlando creative director. He went over to BBC last year and posted a lot about Dr. who. I would think, if that is what it is (I'm not stating it is but the clues fit pretty darn well) then yes it would be a shared IP. Mike is a huge fan and he would have been the one to help secure the deal.

start with episode 1 of the 9th doctor.

You wanna jump right to scary?

Watch the blink episode. Seriously just that could be a house.

and some others:

Journey To The Center Of The Tardis

The Beast Below

The Empty Child

The Family Of Blood

The Girl In The Fireplace

The Doctors Wife

The Waters Of Mars

• Like 2

I'll be the 1st to admit that Dr. Who isn't the most popular show here in the US. However, for those of you who are unfamiliar with it and are bored with TWD's zombies, this show has some of the most creative and diverse costumes/makeups ever pretty much. Talk about variety??? This it is.

• Like 2

Do they usually tag the word "terror?"

Hmmm. Well actually, they've been using the word terror since the "Relieve The Terror Of HHN24" video. That I believe was the first time we saw the word used. Who knows, maybe it could refer to something, maybe even a past reference, but the only thing I can come up with is... Dungeon Of Terror...?

I'll be the 1st to admit that Dr. Who isn't the most popular show here in the US. However, for those of you who are unfamiliar with it and are bored with TWD's zombies, this show has some of the most creative and diverse costumes/makeups ever pretty much. Talk about variety??? This it is.

Dude it has a huge American fan base

• Like 2

yea, my job has an entire Dr. Who section in dvds also it has its own book section and usually has its own toy section not to mention promo bays

Edited by MMMU

Dude it has a huge American fan base

Not to the extent of most actual "horror" franchises. It's niche. Stupidly niche. I heart nearly all sci-fi and found it a chore to get halfway through the 10th Doctor after the 9th.

I'm the first person to say anything can work, and there are some strong Who designs and concepts that would work great (Weeping Angels, Cybermen, Silence). But I don't want to see it. Co-opt a monster if you want, but a Dr. Who house would actively keep me away from the event.

Friggin' crowd running around yelling "Exterminate" like they're clever...

• Like 3

Not to the extent of most actual "horror" franchises. It's niche. Stupidly niche. I heart nearly all sci-fi and found it a chore to get halfway through the 10th Doctor after the 9th.

I'm the first person to say anything can work, and there are some strong Who designs and concepts that would work great (Weeping Angels, Cybermen, Silence). But I don't want to see it. Co-opt a monster if you want, but a Dr. Who house would actively keep me away from the event.

Friggin' crowd running around yelling "Exterminate" like they're clever...

Yeah.

I think I'm with you on that last part. I really like Dr. Who, don't get me wrong, and I don't think all of the fanbase of it is like this but...

I really don't know if I'd want to go anywhere near that part of the park for fear of running into a bunch of hipster kids who are more interested in swapping tumblr accounts and trading one-liners than actually being at the event.

Granted, a fool and their money are easily parted and you WOULD get some money out of people who'd go to the event for that house alone.

Ya know, as silly looking as they are, I'm glad they didn't do a full reboot of it for the newer seasons.

This past season of Dr. Who (Capaldi), only averaged a little over 2 million viewers. A lot of people still don't even know who Dr. Who is. This past season was so so in my opinion, but the Christmas Special was wonderful.

Edited by ThNdIzNiR

Yeah.

I think I'm with you on that last part. I really like Dr. Who, don't get me wrong, and I don't think all of the fanbase of it is like this but...

I really don't know if I'd want to go anywhere near that part of the park for fear of running into a bunch of hipster kids who are more interested in swapping tumblr accounts and trading one-liners than actually being at the event.

Granted, a fool and their money are easily parted and you WOULD get some money out of people who'd go to the event for that house alone.

Exactly. i mean I just put two and two together. But I wouldn't mind seeing the house. There are plenty of people at the event I can't stand.... um... Most... MOST people I can't stand at the event. I would be content with an angels house. Or another one off monster.

I was just reminded of something that took place last year when I read this. Last year, my small group decided to try out the Transformers ride for the 1st time. To be honest, we were blown away by how awesome and fun it was, especially for us because we don't go on roller coaster type rides. The following day we went on it again. Now, keep in mind that we're all adults in my small group (youngest = 31). Yet... we're on this ride laughing, yelling, and getting into it. Maybe halfway through we turn around and realize the young girl in her teens behind us is actually texting on her phone. She never stopped texting through the whole entire thing. We couldn't believe it. Here we are, riding one of the best and probably most expensive rides in the middle of a theme park and this young girl was completely oblivious to her surroundings because she needed to text or update twitter/facebook. Unbelievable...

I was just reminded of something that took place last year when I read this. Last year, my small group decided to try out the Transformers ride for the 1st time. To be honest, we were blown away by how awesome and fun it was, especially for us because we don't go on roller coaster type rides. The following day we went on it again. Now, keep in mind that we're all adults in my small group (youngest = 31). Yet... we're on this ride laughing, yelling, and getting into it. Maybe halfway through we turn around and realize the young girl in her teens behind us is actually texting on her phone. She never stopped texting through the whole entire thing. We couldn't believe it. Here we are, riding one of the best and probably most expensive rides in the middle of a theme park and this young girl was completely oblivious to her surroundings because she needed to text or update twitter/facebook. Unbelievable...

Personally, I blame the installation of the starbucks. Which was oddly packed when I went for Halloween horror nights last year.

I am impressed she was able to keep texting and stuff while her cart gets slammed around, that's some dedication.

A&D have the phonebox!!!!!!

Ok, I can't be sure A&D still have the phonebox, but the TARDIS was in AWIL!

*flails* Do you know how badly I will fangirl if we get a Whovian house?

There's already an entire store inside the studios that is dedicated to Doctor Who (it may not be the entire store, but I only remember the Whovian stuff). We know there's already a merchandise contract.

I want it. I want it now!

A&D have the phonebox!!!!!!

Ok, I can't be sure A&D still have the phonebox, but the TARDIS was in AWIL!

*flails* Do you know how badly I will fangirl if we get a Whovian house?

There's already an entire store inside the studios that is dedicated to Doctor Who (it may not be the entire store, but I only remember the Whovian stuff). We know there's already a merchandise contract.

I want it. I want it now!

The possibility of it coming would be almost too good to be true for us over here. Halloween last year, and now this (even if it is a remote chance)!

It can't be true.

Must simmer expectations...

Arrgghhh... Is it October yet?

Edited by ThNdIzNiR

Ya know, as silly looking as they are, I'm glad they didn't do a full reboot of it for the newer seasons.

This past season of Dr. Who (Capaldi), only averaged a little over 2 million viewers. A lot of people still don't even know who Dr. Who is. This past season was so so in my opinion, but the Christmas Special was wonderful.

To be fair, Face Off Only averaged 1 million. I don't belive FDTds raitings have been released or if they're even going to, but considering how new the show and the channel itself are they probably weren't that signifigant

The possibility of it coming would be almost too good to be true for us over here. Halloween last year, and now this (even if it is a remote chance)!

It can't be true.

Arrgghhh... Is it October yet?

I said the same thing about alien.

That being said, we should probably figure out if the "clue" means something else.

I said the same thing about alien.

That being said, we should probably figure out if the "clue" means something else.

*makes pouty face* Do we have to?

j/k

You're right... any other ideas?

Quote from Ridesandstuff on the Hollywood side, " Maybe Pan's Labyrinth since there's a good chance he'll be working with Gulliermo Del Toro."

Seems like a decent guess.

We know whatever it is, isn't new (and hopefully isn't being rebooted). It's supposedly way outside the box of horror, which means what exactly? Way outside the box of horror to me would be a comedy or even a children's movie. Who are the "friends"? You'd hope at least that the friends would be associates in the film/tv industry of some type. Anyone know who he's been working with recently? Hmmm... They've been building stuff in Springfield USA right? Treehouse of Horror 3d?

Maybe he's referring to Jack? Some of the backstory from Horror Nights Wiki:

"Behind the trunks was a large wooden box stenciled like a children's toy. One letter filled each side of the box, J-A-C-K. The cameraman steadied his camera as the host of the show investigated the box. He found a large crank on the side of the box and turned it. It started to move with some resistance, but after a few twists, it freely moved in a clockwise rotation. A clanky musical melody played out as the host turned it. Suddenly, however, the Music stopped and wouldn't start again with his continued rotations. The camera light suddenly died, and then the crank rotated a few spins on its own. The top of the box flew open and a form sprung out. Affixed to a giant spring was the decomposing body of Jack Schmidt."

The "box" being a jack-in-the-box?

It's my personal belief that they'd like to have the parks share as much material as possible.

Personally, I think they should make a kick ass HHN version of The Wizard of Oz, or like some of you mentioned last year I think, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. I still would like to see that cryptid house too (Bigfoot!).

Edited by ThNdIzNiR

A Doctor Who house would be interesting. It's never really dawned on me before how much stuff could be put into a DW house.

Personally, I think they should make a kick ass HHN version of The Wizard of Oz, or like some of you mentioned last year I think, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. I still would like to see that cryptid house too (Bigfoot!).

Why not just do another Scary Tales?