Halloween Horror Nights 25 Wishful Thinking

Legacy

Well, I attempted to give space and time between reading what others thought and re-listening to Cassi's audio

Hello?

She's not who she says she is

Himmel you have to stop, Himmel you have to stop Gabriel.

That's what I heard. And now I'm thoroughly confused. Am I hearing what I want to hear? Are these connections to LT really there or something we are seeing because we want to?

Goth Wackee randomly appeared on the forums in 2010. Her FB page popped up in 2010. There was no fanfare. No way to guess or know if she was legitimate. She seemed to be a fan. It wasn't until she began supplying other fans with information and pictures that we realized her importance.

*throws hands in the air*

I just don't know

• Like 1

Goth Wackee randomly appeared on the forums in 2010. Her FB page popped up in 2010. There was no fanfare. No way to guess or know if she was legitimate. She seemed to be a fan. It wasn't until she began supplying other fans with information and pictures that we realized her importance.

*throws hands in the air*

I just don't know

And that's the weird thing about this. But there's two things to consider.

Goth gave clues to multiple people, not just one. Sorry mystiquephreeq, but that was a big tell to me that Cassi last year wasn't legit.

The other big tell was all the Jack stuff last year was over a rumor that was never decided. An official "leak" wouldn't be so wrong about that.

This year, there's three options:

1) Cassi is a fan and is co-opting LT's canon.

2) This year's Cassi is official and A&D co-opted the character.

3) Cassi is just bonkers and throwing crap at walls.

Goth gave clues to multiple people, not just one. Sorry mystiquephreeq, but that was a big tell to me that Cassi last year wasn't legit.

The other big tell was all the Jack stuff last year was over a rumor that was never decided. An official "leak" wouldn't be so wrong about that.

Weird thing about A&D only giving clues to one person...

It's been done with me in the past. I received the final clue in the 2012 HU game.

And I've received messages regarding LT to relay.

That's why this is confusing me.

Weird thing about A&D only giving clues to one person...

It's been done with me in the past. I received the final clue in the 2012 HU game.

And I've received messages regarding LT to relay.

That's why this is confusing me.

But multiple people got clues apart from you, right? You alone got certain clues, but not every one.

But multiple people got clues apart from you, right? You alone got certain clues, but not every one.

Clues through private messages for the 2012 games? Not that I'm aware of. If others did receive messages, they may not have relayed them. Emails clues were dispensed through the game to those who had signed up.

As for the most recent LT messages to relay, I believe I'm the only one to receive them.

That makes sense to me, Cassi last year was a well informed fan. Cassi this year is via A&D playing on how we dissected the clues from last year & there could be more than meets the eye to her(*coughCassiIsChancecough*)

Edited by SirOwenDisney

That makes sense to me, Cassi last year was a well informed fan. Cassi this year is via A&D playing on how we dissected the clues from last year & there could be more than meets the eye to her(*coughCassiIsChancecough*)

But how then would you explain the fact that whoever Cassi is would seem to have the same voice actress?

She didn't have any public identity that I knew of where A&D would be able to contact her. It would be like trying to contact me simply based on my forum posts here. It isn't outside of the realm of possibility. Especially now that her clues are posted on facebook instead of through one person.

There's either much more or much less to this than we know.

• Like 2

Cassi new pic just said she's basic not going to say anything else so she might not be A&D

Well it says for now. I never thought she was A&D though. At least not officially. I don't really care though. The clues are interesting. who cares where the info comes from? I've sort of resigned that the narrative for HHN has gone the way of the dodo. It fails every single year to deliver since 2012.

• Like 4

I actually did realized that the "8 All New Terrifying Haunted Houses" is gone. I don't have a doubt that we'll get 9 mazes this year.

That actually could make sense. I like that idea.

I believe there is a lot more than we know. I mean, we've been hearing from Cassi for the past couple years, as the same character. I think it's been a set up for her, as a new character. I like SirOwenDisney's idea that she is Chance in disguise, but she could also be someone new.

Edited by JackTheREAPER

I actually did realized that the "8 All New Terrifying Haunted Houses" is gone. I don't have a doubt that we'll get 9 mazes this year.

Without going into details again (to avoid trouble), at least one of the surveys all but came out and said there will be more than 8 houses. I think we may even get 10 (with 1 being an extra fee). Either way, more is better.

• Like 1

Either way, more is better.

Ehhhhh... I don't know if more is better. There are pros and cons for more and there are pros and cons for less. The pros for more are: More houses, less wait times, more things to do, more ideas that they can use. Cons: less specific items/details in a house, less time to make the houses, ques take up space, more things to do (in a limited amount of time). Pros for less: more details, more room for SZ, more focus on core of houses. Cons: Less ideas being public, longer lines, not enough things to do.

Right now, as it is, it is very hard to do all 8 houses in a single night unless you have express. For common HHN goers, more wouldn't be a huge problem as you can do more over a number of weeks. For one-night HHN goers, more means express is a must (which I believe it is already with 8) and it means less time to enjoy your surroundings because you are trying to finish everything. Ofcourse not every one-night HHN goers would choose to see all houses (9/10) and would probably choose all the IP houses, but I still feel that it's a toss up.

Honestly I would like more houses as long as it could be pulled off. Which I doubt that they wouldn't be able to pull it off.

That's assuming more will actually decrease wait times. You have to remember that park capacity is based how many things are opened, so more houses allow more people.

True, but there was a HUGE difference in wait times between 2012 and 2013, and more people attended in 2013 according to Mike.

In 2012 literally every single night of the event all 7 houses were 60-180min for almost the entire night, with only House of Horrors to be the one at 60. The rest were 90-180. In 2013 that was not true. The only houses to even get to 120 were Cabin AWiL ED and TWD, and as far as I know nothing ever got above 120. None of the other houses made it past 90, and 90 was rare for those 4.

In 2014 it was WAY more crowded and lines were just as bad as 2012 because there wasn't enough houses. I think adding 2 or even 3 more GA houses, an upcharge house, plus having 2 parks worth of rides open would easily get all lines under 2 hours for almost the entire event, save 1 or 2 TWD-level popular IPs.

What's funny is that Disney already figured out how to do this sort of stuff with their Keeper's whatever game and Epcot games.

Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom uses RFID to interact with monitors and cameras in each area read the selected card via technology similar to face recognition. I can completely understand why you called it "Keeper's whatever" because it's main intention was probably to be a companion to the book series "The Kingdom Keepers," and Sorcerers is probably a placeholder for when the books become a movie or something.

Pirates Adventure, also at Magic Kingdom uses RFID to initiate real-world events, such as cannons firing, treasure chests opening, etc.

the World Showcase Adventure at EPCOT uses technology distributed by park staff, in this case they're crappy flip phones (I guess it was a business move toward loss prevention?) The phones use both the screen on the phone and real-world events to produce a story, although the real-time events are initiated through radio waves and you don't have to be near the spot to cause them, as long as they are in range of signal.

Universal just has kinects and really expensive sticks to cause real time events, but they haven't used those to create and display a story.

And RFID markers at the end of houses to gain fake internet points. People don't want "I went through a house, and now I own a .jpeg on a website!"

They want "I scared the shit out of some person by waving this amazing key card" or discussing with your coworker about how you unlocked a secret room, the coworker missed out and wants to attend for another night to unlock the room.

• Like 3

Ehhhhh... I don't know if more is better. Cons: less specific items/details in a house, less time to make the houses, ques take up space, more things to do (in a limited amount of time).

I personally see no cons. First off, there is no guarantee that more houses equals less items/details. It could happen, but it shouldn't. They've had 7-8 houses every year since 2003, I think that they have enough funding and props that they could outfit an extra house or 2 and not suffer too badly. Your 2nd and 4th point are basically the same, just said differently. Keep in mind this is hopefully going to be an extra special year due to the anniversary, but even if it wasn't, I don't think Universal cares that they have too much to do in 1 night at their event. As a matter of fact, if anything, that should be their goal. Why have guests only come 1 night when you can basically force them to come more than once and get more money? Seems like a no-brainer to me. As far as the queues taking up space, if they open up the other park, add a couple more shows, and add the houses like we're discussing, maybe those queues won't have quite as many people standing in them. I'm sure there will still be certain bigger draw houses, give them the larger queue areas and call it a day. They have more than enough room for scare zones. Apparently, they currently have so much room that there are still areas of the park that are pretty much deserted during certain parts of the evening.

When you say, "less time to make the houses", you aren't referring to construction? Because if that is the case, that's ridiculous. Start earlier, hire more help, plan better in advance.... It's Universal Studios, not someone's backyard haunt, there's really no excuse in my opinion. For the amount of cash this event draws in, being set up on time should never even remotely be an issue.

Edited by ThNdIzNiR
  • Like 1

Why have guests only come 1 night when you can basically force them to come more than once and get more money?

This is where you have to start thinking about the massive breadth of people who attend HHN and the potential for diminishing returns.

Not everyone CAN go more than one night. Either because of finances or schedule, it's not an option. Those people have just as much right to do everything THEY WANT to do on the single night they attend. If they can't, especially because they run out of time, than it impacts their perception of the event. If want to see all the houses, but get less than half they'd be pissed. And I wouldn't blame them. It's why house closures are such a big friggin' deal.

It's already bad enough your essentially forced into Express in order to do all the houses in a single night. Now, I have to take another night off work, pay for another babysitter, pay parking again, risk weather again, pay for food and drinks again all while hoping my friends are willing to do the same just for the blessed opportunity to see all the houses? To legitimately ask that of a guest is insulting and is an easy way to fall from the good graces Universal has strived to put themselves in.

• Like 5