Halloween Horror Nights 25 Wishful Thinking

Legacy

I would like to see a sequel to Leave it to Cleaver or any dark comedy house for that matter.

I love going through their dark comedy houses.

Amen to that good sir. Amen to that. Anything dark humor makes me happy.

Giggles was not dark humor. That was a fever dream if anything.

• Like 1

Amen to that good sir. Amen to that. Anything dark humor makes me happy.

Giggles was not dark humor. That was a fever dream if anything.

Giggles was like a nightmare where someone thinks they are dreaming about something they like, but realize way too late, that they don't like what they're dreaming about, as stupid as that sounds.

I like the atmosphere of the house, it was macabre and gruesome and I enjoyed that. There just aren't many ways to make clowns not cookie cutter. You either gt the silent type or the outlandish type like The Joker or Jack. There isn't much character wise you can do with a clown. Though the concept of The Discarded was cool, the costumes were just bad (from what you could see).

• Like 1

I like the atmosphere of the house, it was macabre and gruesome and I enjoyed that. There just aren't many ways to make clowns not cookie cutter. You either gt the silent type or the outlandish type like The Joker or Jack. There isn't much character wise you can do with a clown. Though the concept of The Discarded was cool, the costumes were just bad (from what you could see).

True about clowns, although I did like Giggles and Gore, it sort of fell lower on my rankings as time went on. Yeah, the Discarded were huge wasted potential, my one real problem with the maze in general.

Clowns are the most scary/creepy thing for me. So I was terrified and loving it in Giggles and Gore. Some parts of the house weren't all too scary and felt like place holders but what really got me was the final clown with the chainsaw a.k.a. my worst nightmare. I wish it was more like that part. I loved the interactive buttons inside though. I want more of those!

• Like 4

I know it's extremely unlikely for this year, but what about "Silent Hills" for 2016? I just played "P.T." and I felt that a game like that could fit extremely well with an event like this.

And since it's a well-known publisher, It'll have a greater appeal than the indie horror games out there.

speaking of indie horror, instead of a "Five Nights at Freddy's" house, I'd like to see Universal's take on rogue animatronics.

speaking of indie horror, instead of a "Five Nights at Freddy's" house, I'd like to see Universal's take on rogue animatronics.

Five Nights At Freddy's has been brought up so many times on twitter. I'm not a fan of that game. I've played it and feel like the concept is just silly, instead of horror. But everyone has their own opinions. I'm just going to say that Five Nights At Freddy's just isn't compatible with HHN. The story is a bit ridiculous and short to be expanded through a maze, and there isn't enough to make scenes out of. Therefore, that's not a game I see ever coming. If we do ever get another video game house in the future (not 2015), I see it being Alien Isolation or Outlast. Maybe another Silent Hill. But besides that I don't see any other horror games making an appearance, if any.

Anyways, I was just thinking, does anyone think we'll get more than 4 scarezones? I know we got 4 last year but I remember we've had more than 4 in the past, in other locations.

Five Nights At Freddy's has been brought up so many times on twitter. I'm not a fan of that game. I've played it and feel like the concept is just silly, instead of horror. But everyone has their own opinions. I'm just going to say that Five Nights At Freddy's just isn't compatible with HHN. The story is a bit ridiculous and short to be expanded through a maze, and there isn't enough to make scenes out of. Therefore, that's not a game I see ever coming. If we do ever get another video game house in the future (not 2015), I see it being Alien Isolation or Outlast. Maybe another Silent Hill. But besides that I don't see any other horror games making an appearance, if any.

Anyways, I was just thinking, does anyone think we'll get more than 4 scarezones? I know we got 4 last year but I remember we've had more than 4 in the past, in other locations.

I think he meant like Universal's original take on a evil animatronic house, not FNAF. Outlast might happen since Mike liked it and played it. Silent Hill, I can see. I don't see Alien right after AVP.

Scarezones, I'm clueless on myself.

• Like 1

I think he meant like Universal's original take on a evil animatronic house, not FNAF.

Ohh ok gotcha. Excuse me, I misread. I don't know what that would be like actually. I don't know if that's something that could be pulled off with enough rooms and scenes to make an entire house instead of a bunch of evil animatronics jumping out at you. The concept of that is too simple and weak. It would have to be a really complex story to make an entire house out of that.

That's one of the reasons I thought of Outlast. Not only would it make for a great intense asylum-esque maze, but Mike Aiello loved the game as well. As for Alien Isolation, if they still keep the puppets, they can do it but in a later year, but add more darkness, face huggers, chest bursters, etc.

But I really don't see any video game houses coming this year, with it being an anniversary.

Anyways, back to my scarezone question: Having 5 scarezones is still possible... right?

Edited by JackTheREAPER

Okay guys, time to drop some knowledge on you kiddos.

Horror video games are a very niche group. You have your big ones, Silent Hill and Resident Evil. Both have been done, both have flopped (RE more than SH). The rest is just Indie games. Indie games don't have enough following to bring in a crowd. If they truly wanted to make a horror game into a maze, the only one I can think of is Slender. I honestly don't want to see this...ever.

• Like 2

"I'd like to see Universal's take on rogue animatronics."

I think that could be a great maze!

and agreed with the Slender stuff. People have been talking about it for a few years. Its so blah. Video games just arent gonna be big unless they have accompanying movies. Universal is about movies.

Edited by PeoriaBJJ
  • Like 1

and agreed with the Slender stuff. People have been talking about it for a few years. Its so blah. Video games just arent gonna be big unless they have accompanying movies. Universal is about movies.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

I'm liking this wishful thinking/spec thread. People can say what they want, then people can swoop in and shit on there hopes and dreams :P

Let's be honest... An "animatronics come to life" house is the exact same concept as any "non-living, humanoid creature come to life." Like a house filled with living dolls.

Basically, Dollhouse of the Damned is your animatronics house.

• Like 4