Halloween Horror Nights Hollywood - Event Discussion

This is the first year I'm actually posting on here.. Like 5 posts in total actually. I JUST WANT EVERYONE ELSE TO BE AS EXCITED AS ME

Trust me, we are inside, we've just gotten all that out, and now we're at the criticism phase. Now that everything's out in the open, we're saying "This could be better." But as the next few weeks go by, you'll see our moods skyrocket with anticipation.

And then crash back into criticism once the event starts.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=700155626745556

take this with a grain of salt...matter-of-fact, take a handful

They mentioned this when I went to scare actor orientation; I forgot to bring it up on here. One of the challenges they are trying to get past is how to do crowd control so that guests do not run amuck off the path on the way to the back lot.

Also mentioned was that they are doing a trial run of keeping Despicable Me open during opening weekend. If lots of people go on it they'll keep it open, if not it will be closed for the rest of the event run.

I heard something like this as well. I think this is their way of keeping people on the upper lot. I'm not thrilled about it, but we'll see how this will work.

It will keep people on the upper lot for sure... Unless they take you through that soundstage, that path is longer than Terror Tram. Good though, less people in line for TWD and AvP

food for thought

Rick Baker was in the most recent episode of the Strain...could open doors like this year with FDTD

I saw that too! I thought Come on, Rick! You of all people should know how to behave in a damn horror story! Runnin into a horde of zombie-pires... get it together!

As for the walk to the backlot idea, they better be selling some HHN gel insoles and have zombies giving free foot massages because my feet are not about that life!!!!

• Like 1

Walking to the backlot is a horrible idea for many reasons, but my main concern is this - TIMING. If they insist we spend 20 mins round trip simply just walking back there, then they need to open or close 30 mins earlier or later, because so many ppl are going to be screwed over by this, I just know it.

Edited by DTH316

One of these two routes has got to be it. The source said that the walk is mostly flat, so it looks like we'll walk down the road. Although Route #2 would be a lot faster, I think route 1 seems more likely.

Route #1 = Red

Route #2 = Yellow

Screenshot2014-09-03at103114AM.png

I really don't believe this rumor. I mean, cmon. It sounds ridiculous as hell.

I remember this was talked about last year about the possibilities of walking and every which way of it was bad. Someone should get Murdy on twitter, hopefully he'll clear this up.

I really don't believe this rumor. I mean, cmon. It sounds ridiculous as hell.

I remember this was talked about last year about the possibilities of walking and every which way of it was bad. Someone should get Murdy on twitter, hopefully he'll clear this up.

Ridiculous like AVP, FDTD, and Dracula Untold coming?