Halloween Horror Nights Hollywood - Event Discussion

For fans of the event, you guys sure do complain about everything. From the line up, to the names of the mazes, to the taglines, and now about the commercials. Do you guys even like this event?

If people spend some of their day on the forums talking about this event, do you really have to ask? Just because there are things we think can be better does not mean we don't enjoy the event.

Btw Good choice for a username! XP lol

RIP House of Horrors. You were good to us, holding us over until HHN, but there is a positive, no more wbu wub overlays and Murdy said that we can't go back from 7 mazes so we will hopefully get another actual maze venue. RIP to all the laughs, scares, and people slamming into me running.

i did House of Horrors before i did any HHN event and i thought it was the coolest thing ever........House of Horrors was a big influence of even going to HHN because back in 2009 i said to myself "the mazes must be awesome because HOH was awesome"

Hell no we all secretly love Fight Fest

Am I the only one who likes the commercial? lol

I have been looking for the commercial on the internet and i can't find it!!!!

UPDATE: I just found it and...................its different but its not bad but ............it could've used a werewolf or a predator or a alien and not just zombies

Edited by Doctor Jeffula

I'll miss House of Horrors. I always enjoyed walking through there during the day. On the flip side, that means we'll have seven REAL mazes next year! Yay! No more sucky overlays. That will be nice.

Now that House of Horrors has closed, Louise's, Ben and Jerry's, and Flinstones's are done. The only places we have to eat at the event this year are Mel's, (Maybe) Gru's, Hollywood Plaza, and Jurassic Cafe. We don't have a lot of food options this year. That will change next year with Springfield.

The restaurants in CityWalk and around Universal must be leaping for joy...

I do t think the commercial is that bad. A little unrealistic yes, but its eons better than 2010 and 11's commercial. I love how at the end of Orlando's commercial, they showcased AVP and Halloween. The only thing that bothered me about ours was how much they focused on TWD. I'm sure the same marketing team that decided that also made Murdy give Cliwns that mediocre name.

• Like 1

I do t think the commercial is that bad. A little unrealistic yes, but its eons better than 2010 and 11's commercial. I love how at the end of Orlando's commercial, they showcased AVP and Halloween. The only thing that bothered me about ours was how much they focused on TWD. I'm sure the same marketing team that decided that also made Murdy give Cliwns that mediocre name.

Maybe these people are hungry because airlines don't give out free meals anymore and the flight was long lol

My family from Hawaii even said they don't play movies on the airplane anymore

id be a zombie too i guess

yea i actually like the commercial, I just hate that its marketed as if TWD is the ONLY thing at the event. Orlando's is much better idk why they didnt do the same with ours FDTD or AWIL could have easily taken Halloween's place

Thanks, sharks are great.

And I mean I'm probably the least biggest fan here but I still seem to enjoy it more than all of you super fans. It just confuses me.

Your just less critical of the event. Everyone's different. Plus, the forums purpose is to share our thoughts. So of course if we have a negative thought on the commercial, this is where we're going to say it.

I'm pretty sure Murdy makes up the names for each maze... The Saw is the Law does not seem like a marketing issue as much as a stale mind...

Which is ironic as Murdy calls himself a writer.

It's creative I like it don't get be wrong but it fucking sucks because their like we have TWD everything else can go screw itself like c'mon we got AVP and they don't even mention it? WTF!? At least it's better than the last two years but I do hate the tagline as well "More Dead than Ever" Ugh I hate TWD OverKill

Thanks, sharks are great.

And I mean I'm probably the least biggest fan here but I still seem to enjoy it more than all of you super fans. It just confuses me.

Don't get us wrong we love the event....(minus some of us who are mad at every maze for not Insidious) but at this time of the year we are a bunch of Chinese business men waving wads of cash betting on our favorite Horror franchises coming on top cursing what ever we didn't want to see. In other words we are ALL self entitled raging fanboys this time of year but ehh when you love something so much you are critical of it....BUT I"L NEVER BE A LAWYER ....DAD!!!!!! don't worry once things actually starts we are...well most of us back on the happy train.

Don't get us wrong we love the event....(minus some of us who are mad at every maze for not Insidious) but at this time of the year we are a bunch of Chinese business men waving wads of cash betting on our favorite Horror franchises coming on top cursing what ever we didn't want to see. In other words we are ALL self entitled raging fanboys this time of year but ehh when you love something so much you are critical of it....BUT I"L NEVER BE A LAWYER ....DAD!!!!!! don't worry once things actually starts we are...well most of us back on the happy train.

Nah, man... this event sucks.

They didn't even put Sam in the commercial...

Wtf......

The commercial, aside from the zombie overkill, was actually very creative and clever.. an airport and flight 919? Nice..

Your comment made me realize why it's flight 919...

9/19

Which is

ok ill stop.

And I would actually kind of enjoy walking to the backlot. It's a hike, sure, but it's a crowd eater, and it really builds the anticipation. I honestly wouldn't mind a TWD prop or 2 on the way there. It would feel like walking through the apocalypse.