Halloween Horror Nights Hollywood - Event Discussion

How is AWIL rated number 1 if its getting the shortest line?

On a more serious note, since AWIL is low awareness there are not really the same expectations as a big name property like AVP or TWD. So if people are going into AWIL saying "I think I've heard of that, well I like werewolves and the line is short so cool" and then end up seeing giant terrifying werewolf puppets and a brilliantly executed nazi nightmare sequence they are going to come out very happy. Otherwise if they go to AVP and expect a jaw dropping maze and get a jaw dropping maze, they only got what they were expecting.

AVP and AWIL currently being the most loved mazes this year is a great thing. The two mazes duking it out are a combo of two classic franchises (with recent-ish installments) and a cult classic from 1981.

On a more serious note, since AWIL is low awareness there are not really the same expectations as a big name property like AVP or TWD. So if people are going into AWIL saying "I think I've heard of that, well I like werewolves and the line is short so cool" and then end up seeing giant terrifying werewolf puppets and a brilliantly executed nazi nightmare sequence they are going to come out very happy. Otherwise if they go to AVP and expect a jaw dropping maze and get a jaw dropping maze, they only got what they were expecting.

AVP and AWIL currently being the most loved mazes this year is a great thing. The two mazes duking it out are a combo of two classic franchises (with recent-ish installments) and a cult classic from 1981.

about the nazi nightmare scene i took my non-horror film loving friends on opening night and they kept on bugging me on why the was a "nazi monster shootout in a werewolf maze" i just facepalmed and told them to watch the film

Just say the nazis created the werewolf and are looking for their creation to kill it before it escapes into London.

... seriously, that would make sense to me haha

I keep forgetting to mention this, but is there a reason The Boxtrolls is being represented in Six Flags parks? Is this some type of sign that they're working with Universal now? Because I would love to see some Warner Bros properties..................... (Arkham Asylum!)

I think this year was a test on low awareness/non-current property.....hopefully this okays TrT soon.

I talked to Murdy before going in last Saturday (He was surprisingly pretty accessible). I asked him about Trick r Treat, and he said he's still waiting on that second movie to come out. Although now that Legendary owns Universal, maybe he could work something out?

My friends were doing the same on to me when I took them through Saturday! They kept asking, "What is the story for this maze?"