Halloween Horror Nights Hollywood - Event Discussion

The puppets do seem like they barely move in the video, but trust me in person it looked amazing. Not sure why the movement looked so limited in the video to be honest.

Thanks for clarifying that, though unfortunately I don't think much will be done about those blank hallways.

I hate blank hallways. Universal has been getting KSF's dreaded Blank-Hallway-syndrome since 2010's HOTC. The other mazes that year were pretty fully fleshed in every room.

I remember in 07-09, every room in every maze was FLOODED with stuff.

Then in 2011, The Thing & Hostel fell under blank-hallway-syndrome.

Then in 2012, TWD, ACGTH, TCM, and so on and so on.

Oh well, I guess that's what happens when we get more mazes :-/

I hate blank hallways. Universal has been getting KSF's dreaded Blank-Hallway-syndrome since 2010's HOTC. The other mazes that year were pretty fully fleshed in every room.

I remember in 07-09, every room in every maze was FLOODED with stuff.

Then in 2011, The Thing & Hostel fell under blank-hallway-syndrome.

Then in 2012, TWD, ACGTH, TCM, and so on and so on.

Oh well, I guess that's what happens when we get more mazes :-/

I'm also not a fan of blank hallways/black draped walls/etc, it pulls me out of the element as I go solely to look at the decor and props. But, I think it's inevitable that they'll exist at any haunt, KSF and Fright Fest have been terrible with dark "dead" hallways for years and with the exception of mazes like TCM, Insidious, NOES, and HoH mazes universal is a culprit too. But, I will say I'll take a blank walled hallway over a blank hallway with a single strobe light at the end of it essentially blinding guests and not doing anything for the scareactor lurking around the next corner any day!

From now TWO walk throughs of Dracula (EP night and now opening night), it's definitely on the bottom of my list. Very home-haunt esque as someone already pointed out. I didn't have high expectations but all I could think of was "there's so many other options that would have killed it this year!"

Edited by Mellie_Monster
  • Like 1

I just got back from opening night. It was one of the best hhns I've gone to but my one complaint is that the people in the Early Access holding location were incredibly rude to the day time guests. Flipping them off, cursing at them(and workers), and just being obnoxious in general. I get that your excited, but those people paid to get into the park and have every right yo enjoy universal during the day time hours as you do in the night time hours. Just saying this in case any of you happened to be there/know what I'm talking about.

When people act like that at horror nights it is always for the reason... I would of been annoyed too!

What early access cue were you in, if you were in the normal one, I can kinda see where there coming from. They don't let you down there until all the daytime guests leave, and after a while of seeing nonstop guests coming out of the park especially when it's past 6:30 and they haven't even let you start walking down and there's still guests coming out, it starts pissing you off. Now I wouldn't start flipping off the guests or start swearing at them, as this is mainly universals fault for not doing a good job of getting people to leave ( Fuckin seriously, the park closes at 6:00, and people were supposed to be leaving and some people just stood around and the security did absolutely nothing about it, and I'm pretty sure this was happening after 6:30 the time they're supposed to let us start walking down there). But if you were in the pass holder line, there's no reason to be doing that at all

Lol. Justin Bieber was there tonight. I got off the star way and almost got more trampled there more than during the scaramony. His security shoved me out of the way and then a swarm of fan girls just flooded up the star way. Well I met a lot of people there tonight. John Murdy, I saw him 3 times but could go to him only once. Hhnfan16 I did the opening scaramony with him and waited for like an hour before it with him. Over all I can say this was a great year. The auctioneer is f*cking hilarious! And I'm only worth $20.

Edited by HorrorNightsFan13

I just got back from opening night. It was one of the best hhns I've gone to but my one complaint is that the people in the Early Access holding location were incredibly rude to the day time guests. Flipping them off, cursing at them(and workers), and just being obnoxious in general. I get that your excited, but those people paid to get into the park and have every right yo enjoy universal during the day time hours as you do in the night time hours. Just saying this in case any of you happened to be there/know what I'm talking about.

Dude i was at the very front of the early access it was getting annoying that people were acting like that mainly because guests wanted to use the restroom or they were walking too slow. I wanted to yell "CALM THE F*** DOWN ITS 6:00 WE WONT EVEN BE LET IN TILL 6:30". Ill admit when they didn't let this family use the restroom and everyone cheered the look on the little girls face was priceless

Edited by Doctor Jeffula

Lol. Justin Bieber was there tonight. I got off the star way and almost got more trampled there more than during the scaramony. His security shoved me out of the way and then a swarm of fan girls just flooded up the star way. Well I met a lot of people there tonight. John Murdy, I saw him 3 times but could go to him only once. Hhnfan16 I did the opening scaramony with him and waited for like an hour before it with him. Over all I can say this was a great year. The auctioneer is f*cking hilarious! And I'm only worth $20.

yeah when I got off the terror team I noticed him walling by with a big group of people

I have a friend who works as a blackout and she posted on Facebook that he wanted to cut the line for Walking Dead....and they did not let him..... Justice!!!

• Like 2

just a heads up for those who like to watch hhn videos, dont watch sharps...unless you like hearing an annoying couple over the actual maze

I can't sit through an entire video of theirs this year. Between the guy's horrible jokes and the girl's inability to navigate a room competently I just lose it. When he saw the axe girlfriend in HoH he said "You look cute. Have you seen warm bodies?" Hur hur hur. How long were ya cookin that one up? Not to mention he screams like my mother. Which I kind of like as it helps me picture how she would react at HHN.

I can't sit through an entire video of theirs this year. Between the guy's horrible jokes and the girl's inability to navigate a room competently I just lose it. When he saw the axe girlfriend in HoH he said "You look cute. Have you seen warm bodies?" Hur hur hur. How long were ya cookin that one up? Not to mention he screams like my mother. Which I kind of like as it helps me picture how she would react at HHN.

I tried watching a couple of the videos but those two are just... No... It was fine seeing them for a brief two seconds in last year's videos because it was still mostly the maze but this year... just WHY?!?!...

I tried watching a couple of the videos but those two are just... No... It was fine seeing them for a brief two seconds in last year's videos because it was still mostly the maze but this year... just WHY?!?!...

They may have gotten the idea from celebrity walk through videos or the ones that Ellen does for her tv show. The difference is that the woman who does the Ellen videos is hilarious and people are actually interested to see what celebrities would do in mazes.

Maybe he'll upload NightVision versions without them? Maybe? I hate the fact that he's the only one I've seen with a low-light camera, yet his annoying friends kill it. Every other year he brought sensible friends.