Halloween Horror Nights Hollywood - Event Discussion

I hope I can convince them to switch, but I'll go with Wolfgang's. I really want some garlic bread, fried shrimp, and a really hoppy beer.

Bro.....your favorite beer should be Newcastle's Werewolf, Its their fall seasonal beer and it just came out they should be at the supermarket or a BEVMO if they are in your area. I found mine at Stater Bros. Its not overly hoppy but its good

Edited by Doctor Jeffula
  • Like 2

Everyone excited?! It's finally practically here! It's amazing. We talk about this event ALL YEAR LONG and we're waiting just for that one special night! (or 2 or 3 or 4 if you're lucky)

With some reviews in, it looks like a lot of the predictions were true on the quality of the mazes.

However, I have to give some doubt to the "AVP is scarier than TCM: BIB" thing. Although I haven't gone through the maze, I'm sure AVP is very "cool" and "fun" to go through... and I'm sure it even has its handful of good scares... but scarier than TCM: BIB? .... there's nothing scarier than that. I'd love to eat crow on this, but I just can't imagine AVP environmentally being as dreadful as walking through TCM. The scares would have to be very creative and out of left field if they're going to genuinely catch me by surprise, on top of creating the right mood to get me on edge in the first place.

Anywho, can't wait to find out if I'm wrong!

Fun Fact: I've been to KSF 11 times. This next HHN trip will be my 11th. If I actually don't go to KSF again this year, and if I still do my twice a year trip, that'll mean I'll have gone to HHN 12 times, more than I've ever gone to KSF. Wow, crazy to think, but HHN has already caught up! I would've never thought I'd find something I love more than KSF back in 07.

:-D

Edited by DTH316
  • Like 1

Bro.....your favorite beer should be Newcastle's Werewolf, Its their fall seasonal beer and it just came out they should be at the supermarket or a BEVMO if they are in your area. I found mine at Stater Bros. Its not overly hoppy but its good

There is an actual beer called Werewolf?? REALLY? OMG, my life just improved greatly just when I thought it couldn't get any better.. Thank you, sir!

Are all you guys going on Friday and Saturday? Just wondering if I'll pass any of you by as we run thru the park for our only 2 nights there. I'll have to keep my ears open for the telltale "TwoTonTick" so I can find you..

• Like 1

I honestly think Insidious tied or barely dethroned BIB, but I spoiled myself and watched the AVP video and can't tell on the scare factor yet but all I got to say is DAMN

3oin0m.jpg

Insidious was VERY scary, no doubt about that. But TCM: BIB, I literally felt like I was going to die and I did not want to enter the next room. Insidious never matched that emotion for me, personally haha

Then again, I think there's at least one maze a year that's TERRIFYING and there's one that's OMFG SO MUCH FUN.

2007 & 2008: Terrifying - TCM BIB, FUN - F13

2009: Terrifying - Halloween, FUN - Saw

2010: Terrifying - NOES, FUN - F13

2011: Terrifying - La Llorona, FUN - The Thing

2012: Terrifying - La Llorona, FUN - The Walking Dead

2013: Terrifying - Insidious, FUN - El Cucuy

My prediction for this year, hopefully:

2014: Terrifying - AVP, FUN - AWIL. Heck, it might even be the opposite. We'll see.

I can't wait. AHHHH

Edited by DTH316

There is an actual beer called Werewolf?? REALLY? OMG, my life just improved greatly just when I thought it couldn't get any better.. Thank you, sir!

Are all you guys going on Friday and Saturday? Just wondering if I'll pass any of you by as we run thru the park for our only 2 nights there. I'll have to keep my ears open for the telltale "TwoTonTick" so I can find you..

Yes its Newcastles Fall beer so you will only be able to get it for a limited time and it is really really good

• Like 2