Halloween Horror Nights 24 Discussion

JDW

The purge will also have screens in Macy's playing purgy things. The windows are set up so that when the TVs and lights come on they appear to be broken. Of course you have the ladies and you'll some mobile things. You have the bus with some things going on there as well. True stuff we've seen but a larger scale. Deadtropolis size but with more props.

Bayou has drums, fire, The shack, and LOTS of candles. Like in '08 with the pumpkins. They will utilize all of CP and will most likely spill out a little into the area in front of Animal actors.

Masquerade has huge candles with human body parts in them, Bodies everywhere,and out of tune Waltz music.

Face/Off I agree. Probably a whole lot like Seven. They said there would be environments, but they have to be movable for the parade.

• Like 1

I think Grown Evil was one of my fave scare zones of all time. I'd kill to have something like that again.

As for killing things with a hammer.. come on you guys. You know what I meant.. If a zombie was ambling your way in that slow, idiot's pace, and all you need to do is barely cock an arm and give him one good crack in the head to kill it... that's a fuck of a lot different than even having half a second to MAYBE cock the same arm to hit a BEAR - which would require SEVERAL blows - and good luck with that. :rolleyes: FYI - same analogy for a "maniac".. zombies aren't armed with anything and have no capacity for thought. Jeez, you guys, really?

• Like 2

If Bayou is anything like the atmosphere Grown Evil created it will be zone of the year no contest. I fucking LOVED Grown Evil. The music, lights, atmosphere and everything else in it made it a completely immersive and perfect experience.

I agree. If they can pull off the creepy atmosphere effect that Grown Evil had, this will be a top notch SZ. Grown Evil is still one of the best SZs that they have ever done in my opinion. It had everything you could want. Looking forward to seeing how they approach this one.

It just dawned on me we do not have a 3D house this year.

Not necessarily a bad thing IMO. I enjoyed some of the ones in the past (in particular the In Between). Penn and Teller could have been equally well done non-3D. A 3D house for the sake of having a 3D house is not reason enough. If creative comes up with some more interesting concepts in the future I am totally open to it though!

• Like 2

It just dawned on me we do not have a 3D house this year.

This is something everyone I know keeps saying. IMO, I'm so happy without a 3d house. I typically hate all 3d houses, besides last year, which I LOVED. Does anyone know the house where Afterlife was last year? I think it's Roanoke, which would the spinning tunnel be in there? Maybe to send us to past/future?

This is something everyone I know keeps saying. IMO, I'm so happy without a 3d house. I typically hate all 3d houses, besides last year, which I LOVED. Does anyone know the house where Afterlife was last year? I think it's Roanoke, which would the spinning tunnel be in there? Maybe to send us to past/future?

The house where Afterlife was is where Halloween is. Roanoke is in the parade building, where The Walking Dead was last year

Swarm of bats in Dracula I'd say. My money's on either there or Dollhouse.

I don't know, the bats thing I may opinion would be a bit cheesy. Though I guess you could say the vortex at this point is a bit cheesy. Still betting on Dollhouse over everything, though I can see how it can work in other mazes.

I can't wear the glasses they make me very disoriented. While that usually works the first time around and allows me to get better scares, I have to have to have my wife lead the way.

By the second time I am rejecting the glasses and just going through the house normally.

Also will anyone else be a little butt hurt if Uni uses "The Twister" in the final product?

Yeah but we all knew it was coming. Mike kept calling it "The Twister" as did everyone in the video Universal uploaded with the cast. I guess they couldn't get The giant neon boobs and the word Titty approved by legal. :P

In other news, the new times guide for September was delivered to our office today.

13B240E9-F1CB-45C1-89A7-B418A5108AB2.jpg

• Like 1