Halloween Horror Nights 24 Discussion

JDW

Yeah it's better than rehasing Hollywood's old commercials but... Why can't the saunter a little faster than a shamble to escape them? LORd that grates on my nerves. Zombies are slow. They aren't going to overcome and air port. you wold have time to grab your bags, order something in the food court, and liesurely walk out. :angry:

Yeah that's true. I wish we had gotten the initial guy that runs out the door like Hollywood did. Now he just randomly gets eaten.

Three this year?

I knew you meant that. I just wanted to know if it was three this year or three in all.

Two this year. Universal Singapore's demon-possessed elected official concept was something I thought up before. The third one was "Holidays of Horror" (though my house was called "Calendar Fear").

I know the commercial's highlighting zombies, but when they show off the properties they're having at HHN this year for the Orlando commerical, they list AvP and Halloween before TWD, instead of it being TWD IS HERE (also these houses) Like it was in 2012/13. I think that's a good sign towards TWD not being the main focus of the event anymore, which could maaaybe mean they're at least considering not bringing it back again next year. This year definitely has a stronger chance at being TWD's last, but there's always the possibility Uni wants to milk it as bad as Disney's milking Frozen.

Commercial's up for Hollywood. It's still the same for us though. Walking Dead focused. Personally actually do prefer it from last year's.

EDIT: My mistake, didn't watch it through presuming it would be the same. They got AVP and Halloween in there, so that's cool.

They should have a disclaimer at the bottom of the commercial that says "Walkers in the park will not look this good" lol

Didn't they make a CGI resident Evil movie that was set in an airport in 08? something to do with Claire and Leon?

Edited by clash

The commercial was bound to be better than last year because last year's was so awful and disappointing, I wanted to cry. This year is only slightly better, but I still hate it. I agree with JDW - the idea of people crawling around and "running" so slow is stupid. I've said over and over that zombies have never scared me - how can you be afraid of something you can kill with a hammer? Thank god the event looks to be amazing this year, and I can overlook this peripheral crap.

• Like 2

The commercial was bound to be better than last year because last year's was so awful and disappointing, I wanted to cry. This year is only slightly better, but I still hate it. I agree with JDW - the idea of people crawling around and "running" so slow is stupid. I've said over and over that zombies have never scared me - how can you be afraid of something you can kill with a hammer? Thank god the event looks to be amazing this year, and I can overlook this peripheral crap.

You can kill a bear with a hammer... they're still terrifying.

• Like 2

True but a bear has strength and moves very fast and well... is real.

They pose a real threat. Aside from the creepy/disgusting aspect, "walkers" pose no real threat unless they some how can sneak up on you wearing headphones.

I mean you might as well replace "walkers" with old peole ON walkers. They feel pain but can actually make rational tactical decisions (sometimes) so it's an even trade.

I still want to write a comic strip called The Improbable Dead to poke fun at TWD. Basically anytime somebody realizes in the comic how the zombies or a situation makes no sense they would suddenly be attacked by 100 zombies that appear out of nowhere... or some other ironic and equally nonsensical death.

• Like 5

True but a bear has strength and moves very fast and well... is real.

They pose a real threat. Aside from the creepy/disgusting aspect, "walkers" pose no real threat unless they some how can sneak up on you wearing headphones.

I mean you might as well replace "walkers" with old peole ON walkers. They feel pain but can actually make rational tactical decisions (sometimes) so it's an even trade.

I still want to write a comic strip called The Improbable Dead to poke fun at TWD. Basically anytime somebody realizes in the comic how the zombies or a situation makes no sense they would suddenly be attacked by 100 zombies that appear out of nowhere... or some other ironic and equally nonsensical death.

This might be up your alley (my buddy says it's a riot):

comics-the-mocking-dead-2.jpg

A small outbreak can turn into a worldwide apocalypse... but only through a long string of screw-ups! Once actual zombies begin popping up in our world, a lone intelligence analyst realizes real-life events are beginning to mimic the events of a long-lost, Grade-Z, drive-in horror flick. As he races to save humanity with this knowledge, he quickly learns the only thing more dangerous than ravenous walking corpses is the ineptitude of the living! The gutsplitting (and then eating) comedy that pokes fun at the zombie horror phenomenon! Illustrated in graytones with red highlights (for blood and gore, of course), so it feels like the ever-popular The Walking Dead series.

Okay, that aside. Do you guys think TWD will be a popular house this year or will AvP and Halloween overshadow the infestation?

• Like 1

I think TWD will still draw huge crowds. It's still a massive IP and now it's the biggest house in Universal history. I expect it to have massive wait times.

Do you think the GP really knows that it is the biggest house in Uni's history? I know they announced it, but how much do people really pay attention/remember that sort of thing. Obviously, we obsessives know, but what about Joe Schmo?

I have been curious how big of a capacity this house will have given the size of the house. I mean, with double the amount of rooms, one would assume the wait times would SEEM lower.

I can tell you zones.

Purge will look like nearly every other dystopian city-scape Universal has put in New York (That's why I'm curious about all the 'Purge looks awesome' posts. Aside from the $20 "Purge Sale" signs that took thirty minutes to do, we have seen every single prop being put in New York in New York before).

Bayou of Blood will be a gruesome cross between The Skoolhouse zone and Grown Evil, only with dirty, scantily clad witches.

Face-Off, I'm still expecting to be nearly identical to 7.

Maskerade: Unstitched may have tables and a bandstand set up, but it'll basically be a Victorian-era Esquieleto (sp) Muerte.

The catch with the increased capacity of the house is that it increases the overall capacity of the event itself. It would only seem lower if the total number of attendees stayed the same (which it likely won't, considering they actually had sell-outs last year).

I think TWD will still draw huge crowds. It's still a massive IP and now it's the biggest house in Universal history. I expect it to have massive wait times.

I expect it to go down like last year. It'll get up to 120-130 on the couple REALLY packed nights, on the nights with low crowds it'll top out at 45-65, and for the rest of the moderately crowded nights 75-90 tops. Last year was WAY better in terms of crowd control compared to the clusterfuck of 2012 with 120-180 min waits for all 7 houses every night.

As for the rest, FDTD will probably fill up to about 45-60 right at the beginning since it's the first house anyone sees, or maybe that only happened last year because CitW was so popular? This year wll determine that as FDTD is nowhere near as popular imo. But even then, CitW got real packed immediately, but then by 9-10 the crowds evened out enough that it was the shortest wait for the SSs, including RE. AvP will probably have AWiL crowds, Dracula won't ever make it past an hour imo. Halloween will get up to 120 since it's next to B&T and very recognizable. The originals will probably top out at 90 on the real busy nights, but on the other nights around 60-75 at most. This is all based on the last several year's crowd patterns, save 2012.

It'll probably have a higher per hour number but crowd flow should still be the same. I think it'll just take longer for it to get to a higher wait time as the house will take longer to fill up.

It sold out last year? I thought they only did that once in 2012 (besides them overselling tickets half of the other peak nights)?

Edited by foREVer56

I can tell you zones.

Purge will look like nearly every other dystopian city-scape Universal has put in New York (That's why I'm curious about all the 'Purge looks awesome' posts. Aside from the $20 "Purge Sale" signs that took thirty minutes to do, we have seen every single prop being put in New York in New York before).

Bayou of Blood will be a gruesome cross between The Skoolhouse zone and Grown Evil, only with dirty, scantily clad witches.

Face-Off, I'm still expecting to be nearly identical to 7.

Maskerade: Unstitched may have tables and a bandstand set up, but it'll basically be a Victorian-era Esquieleto (sp) Muerte.

They've used all those props before, but I still think it looks cool and the addition of all the Purge signs and ads is a great touch imo. It's not their most original zone ever but for what it's supposed to be, they're nailing it.

If Bayou is anything like the atmosphere Grown Evil created it will be zone of the year no contest. I fucking LOVED Grown Evil. The music, lights, atmosphere and everything else in it made it a completely immersive and perfect experience.

I agree about Face/Off

I'm not really excited for MASKerade because I feel it'll be basically what you said. Some great theming but nothing all that special. The other 3 have way more promise imo.

• Like 1