Halloween Horror Nights 24 Discussion

JDW

Yeah but we all knew it was coming. Mike kept calling it "The Twister" as did everyone in the video Universal uploaded with the cast. I guess they couldn't get The giant neon boobs and the word Titty approved by legal. :P

In other news, the new times guide for September was delivered to our office today.

13B240E9-F1CB-45C1-89A7-B418A5108AB2.jpg

Pretty sad when you can show gore, gore, gore.... but a set of Titties sets people off. What strange times we live in!

• Like 6

Guest kiwisoup

Pretty sad when you can show gore, gore, gore.... but a set of Titties sets people off. What strange times we live in!

I'm betting Hollywood won't censor this aspect with their go go dancers, and nude Saw III body...

Well, at least we know how they are planning the queue lines. TWD entrance is throwing me off. I was thinking it would be where Dracula Untold is. Also, The Purge zone looks massive.

Indeed, has there ever been a zone that big before in USO HHN's? Saying USO specifically, since I'm guessing the IOA ones were all nearly the span of the island.

• Like 1

I've uploaded a MUCH higher resolution version of the map so now you can actually read it. ;)

HHN4Map.png

The Purge looks HUGE but what really interests me is the Bayou of Blood. It looks like they might be using all of central park this year instead of just the main walkway as usual.

• Like 1

but what really interests me is the Bayou of Blood. It looks like they might be using all of central park this year instead of just the main walkway as usual.

it is ;)

They haven't used those since 2000 for apocalyse island and, if I recall right, that was the only year.

I think that, with TWD cast being double that of a normal house, it may be a precursor test run for a 9th house. with all the signs, I would be shocked if we don't get a 9th house next year.

• Like 3

So as was a concern in speculation I want to discuss again now with the map reveal. I am over the moon with the idea of traditional scare zones and not trying to be greedy but it is only 4 zones and front loaded in the park, granted the rest of the park will have lighting, fog, music, and etc but any thoughts of actors in the back of the park or not? If not it is ok cause I am thrilled with what we are given but would love to see more in the back of the park as well I guess...

So as was a concern in speculation I want to discuss again now with the map reveal. I am over the moon with the idea of traditional scare zones and not trying to be greedy but it is only 4 zones and front loaded in the park, granted the rest of the park will have lighting, fog, music, and etc but any thoughts of actors in the back of the park or not? If not it is ok cause I am thrilled with what we are given but would love to see more in the back of the park as well I guess...

and bars! There will be bars in the dead areas.I think something may pop up at some point but, if you think about it, their 4 scarezones cover about as much ground a the usual 6. if not more.

For example:

We often have hollywood, plaza, mel's, CP and sometimes kidzone as 3-4 zones. That is being covered by 2 plus all the back paths in CP.

Purge, ladies, and the other elements would normally be two zones, but it's all covered with one plus the middle street.

Plaza hasn't had a zone is quite a while but we have that to.

So the only thing we're missing is the small area in SF but we are gaining more actual ground cover.

• Like 2

Based on the map reveal I bet that the SS queues will be as such: for FDTD, it will start out as the same route as last year, but we'll make a turn into the pathway in between SS 20 and 21 and go to SS 22 from there and we'll probably exit from AWIL's entrance last year. For The Walking Dead I'm not sure, but it will probably go past SS 22A to SS25. As for Dracula and AVP, they'll most likely take the same routes as Nightingales and Evil Dead. These are just my guesses, but if you think of something better, post it! It's fun to speculate after all.

After looking at the map I have two questions:

1. Why does it seem like Dracula and AvP are exiting in the same place and yet listing them as exiting in slightly different areas?

2. Given that we now know the queue entrances, what house do you think Stay and Scream will be?

They do that a lot. Last year i think they merged all ss house exits to one large exit. CITW, RE, AWIL and ED (a lot of acronyms :P) all eventually merged into one exit as i remember. Edited by Ande

They do that a lot. Last year i think they merged all ss house exits to one large exit. CITW, RE, AWIL and ED (a lot of acronyms :P) all eventually merged into one exit as i remember.

That was such a pain in the ass last year - made for SO MUCH walking. I hope there is more than one exit for all those houses..

That was such a pain in the ass last year - made for SO MUCH walking. I hope there is more than one exit for all those houses..

Based upon the map, I think they learned their lesson on that one. I am curious if the new setup will alleviate the cluster that was CitW last year.

Do we know anything about cast times or which HNN members are cast in which houses yet? If I missed this discussion/topic, I apologize.

Based upon the map, I think they learned their lesson on that one. I am curious if the new setup will alleviate the cluster that was CitW last year.

Do we know anything about cast times or which HNN members are cast in which houses yet? If I missed this discussion/topic, I apologize.

Thank god..

I haven't seen anything on cast either.. if someone knows, please enlighten us. We always bring some kind of small gift for our favorite scareactors. By the last weekend, we already know who is getting something. I'd love it if some of those were our fellow forum members.