Halloween Horror Nights 24 Discussion

JDW

I know everyone said we should be thankful for having Scarezones back and that it would all be okay,
But if it wasn't for the horror music playing in the park, it wouldn't really feel like HHN was taking place. the park feels really empty. Face off is too tiny, Bayou felt too empty, Purge was way too crowded,

I Think 2012 had better streets honestly. At least there were 9 groups of actors walking around the park. The only Zone that works this year is Maskerade. It's disappointing to see how little there is street wise this year.

I think I prefer actors in the streets over props. Like I said, it barely feels like HHN is here.

2012? Honestly I would have gone with 2008-2010 maybe 2011, but not 2012 lol. Still, keep in mind that HHN has not had any scare zones for 2 years, and from 2010 and before the props and scare actors were abundant. This year they're just getting back into it. It's not like they were gonna shift back to good ol' awesome scare zones so suddenly. So give it time before it spreads to your liking, and don't worry, because it might just happen.

• Like 1

I only went yesterday, did it fill really quick or was there time in the beginning that it wasn't too bad? Also, did the lines wind down at the end of the night as usual?

Filled up pretty quickly last night, at least in that back. I think every AP turned up for the AP early entry, certainly felt like it. On top of that, literally dozens of RIP tours for hospitality industry/corporate partners (you could tell by the nametags). That number of people, you feel the loss of their top two E-tickets (Rockit, Diagon Alley).

Lines stayed consistently over 30 for even the unpopular houses through 11:30.

Didn't see this discussed yet so I apologize if it was and I didn't catch it. Looks like the wolves in Hollywood are def not our Orlando wolves which is interesting.

Also Hollywood's Aliens look def a lesser version than what Orlando has, the only thing Hollywood has up on us is that amazing Queen at the finale but the rest Orlando's looks far superior.

2012? Honestly I would have gone with 2008-2010 maybe 2011, but not 2012 lol. Still, keep in mind that HHN has not had any scare zones for 2 years, and from 2010 and before the props and scare actors were abundant. This year they're just getting back into it. It's not like they were gonna shift back to good ol' awesome scare zones so suddenly. So give it time before it spreads to your liking, and don't worry, because it might just happen.

Is not even about the scarezones because the ones we do have are pretty nice. I understand they have to work around the parade and the props need to be mobile

The problem is the lack of actors in the streets. What I mean is that, in all the places in the park where they cannot add any props or anything they could have at least added hordes again. It feels like 60% percent of the park is void of stuff

In the areas where they cannot add scarezones or props like in front of MIB, it would be nice to have actors there for example. It would be nice to have actors outside of Disaster, or Kidzone. I understand what you are saying about the zones being back and Uni getting their groove back, but they could have had a couple of unofficial hordes in the park

• Like 1

Didn't see this discussed yet so I apologize if it was and I didn't catch it. Looks like the wolves in Hollywood are def not our Orlando wolves which is interesting.

Also Hollywood's Aliens look def a lesser version than what Orlando has, the only thing Hollywood has up on us is that amazing Queen at the finale but the rest Orlando's looks far superior.

Yeah, all of Hollywood's puppets were made by their own local shops. The same man who worked on our AWIL wolves made our Xenomorphs, which was a very smart decision.

Unfortunately for Hollywood, their puppets are pretty inferior. They seem to lack much of the range of motion that ours have and their wolves don't even have opening mouths.

• Like 2

Do they have more alien puppets? judging by the video it kind of feels like they got at least a couple more aliens than we did (Besides the Alien of course)
Is it just my imagination or do they have more?

Edited by clash

So I just thought about the scare zones and realized how diverse we have it this year. We have the Purge that is like a new era scare zone with many scare actors roaming around in a big area, we have Face Off which is also new era with it being like 7 and a little bit like the icon scare zone from 2010, we have Bayou which reminds me of an old scare zone that is just creepy but minimal scares, and we have Maskerade which, when looking at the photos and the idea of this zone, would be the perfect "old" era scare zone. I range old and new from old being 1-19 and new being 20-24

• Like 1

Is not even about the scarezones because the ones we do have are pretty nice. I understand they have to work around the parade and the props need to be mobile

The problem is the lack of actors in the streets. What I mean is that, in all the places in the park where they cannot add any props or anything they could have at least added hordes again. It feels like 60% percent of the park is void of stuff

In the areas where they cannot add scarezones or props like in front of MIB, it would be nice to have actors there for example. It would be nice to have actors outside of Disaster, or Kidzone. I understand what you are saying about the zones being back and Uni getting their groove back, but they could have had a couple of unofficial hordes in the park

It's still early in the event they may. Friday it rained all bloody flipping night so it's not a good indicator or anything. I didn't stay past the AP party on saturday and it was rediculously packed.

We have 6 aliens. 3 wall, 1 crawl space, 1 overhead, and 1 pulling a marine into the floor. If you include the preadtor/alien morph projection in the android room it's 7.

But based on the only picture I saw from theirs, they have an alien eating a person and the person is a bloody mess. I have a problem with this being an Alien nerd. You never see an xenomorph eat a human in the movies. (I don't count alien resurrection cannon as it was so bad) they either cocoon or kill but never eat. If fact, aliens even eating is a hot button topic in the Alien nerd world. They are silicon based lifeforms they could not utilize carbon based nutrients.

• Like 1

(I don't count alien resurrection cannon as it was so bad) they

Let's be real, I don't count anything post-Aliens as canon. In my headcanon Ripley and Hicks got married and adopted Newt and Bishop became their robot butler and they all lived happily ever after with Jonesy and I AM STICKING TO THAT

• Like 3

But based on the only picture I saw from theirs, they have an alien eating a person and the person is a bloody mess. I have a problem with this being an Alien nerd. You never see an xenomorph eat a human in the movies. (I don't count alien resurrection cannon as it was so bad) they either cocoon or kill but never eat. If fact, aliens even eating is a hot button topic in the Alien nerd world. They are silicon based lifeforms they could not utilize carbon based nutrients"

I find this very interesting. I love the movies but have no dove into the nerdom that much. Im going to do some reading on this stuff! Thanks man!

• Like 1

I think it's the same as this past weekend.

Rocky - 7pm, 8:15pm, 9:45pm, 10.45pm.

B&T - 7:30pm, 8:45, 10pm, 11:45pm.

B&T is 11:15, not 11:45. Other than that that's what it should be.

Hollywood got a RIDICULOUS Queen, we got a superior AWiL and AvP house, plus B&T AND another show.

They can have their Queen. I'll take the trade off any day, even if that Queen is the most beautiful thing I've ever seen in a house.

• Like 2

Hollywood's AvP does not look impressive. They have scareactors slapping face huggers to windows. In the video, you can clearly see the actor doing this! The alien puppets are poorly designed as well. It's like half of the puppet is the scareactor's body and the claws are controlled by their hands.

Hollywood's AvP does not look impressive. They have scareactors slapping face huggers to windows. In the video, you can clearly see the actor doing this! The alien puppets are poorly designed as well. It's like half of the puppet is the scareactor's body and the claws are controlled by their hands.

In defense of the facehuggers, the only reason you can see the scareactor is because you're watching a night vision video. That scareactor is actually wearing all black in a black room. The light is on the window, so in real life it looks like facehugger is legitimately attacking the window.

Yet another reason why you can't judge a house by its video.

• Like 2

That's got to be a fun job though. Just standing in a dark room slapping a prop against a window :P

Here's a video walk through of Orlando's AvP for comparison

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kNqRRKo5L_Y

It's a bit hard comparing the two since one is night vision and the other is "natural" lighting with editing. It looks like Hollywood decided to go with slow buildup style haunted house, starting out with just face huggers, then dead predators, live predators, aliens, aliens and predators, and finally the reveal of the huge queen, while Orlando went a lot more action packed haunted house starting out almost immediately with an alien attack, and throwing in the marines fighting back.

I wouldn't mock their AVP facehuggers, since ours are JUST as bad. I'd dare say I prefer Hollywood, since in real life, you can't see the things moving it. In our maze, I could see metal poles moving ours.

Do feel your Aliens, at least standing are meh. Even without nightvision, they just don't look that good to me. Of course, as said, it dosen't really matter when you probably only see them for about a second or so, so yeah. Don't base opinions off videos.

• Like 1

One thing I wanted to bring up about this year: what's up with the scare actors wearing visible ear plugs? I get it's loud in there, but Universal could provide them with ones that don't stick out. I happen to use Doc's for playing music/going to concerts. These are clear and do not stand out; unless I forget to wash them the weekend after Bonnaroo.

• Like 1

One thing I wanted to bring up about this year: what's up with the scare actors wearing visible ear plugs? I get it's loud in there, but Universal could provide them with ones that don't stick out. I happen to use Doc's for playing music/going to concerts. These are clear and do not stand out; unless I forget to wash them the weekend after Bonnaroo.

Can't say I remember seeing any earplugs. Where did you see them? I wouldn't blame the FDTD scareactors. :D

Those are the same earplugs Universal has provided for years. They're the cheap, foam, disposable ones (that are super comfortable. I love them). You're just noticing them now. Every scareactor in a house is required to wear them. I'm fairly certain zones are required to wear them as well (especially chainsaws).

Ticket price is already insane enough. No need to give Universal a reason to raise it even more. I'm fine with the cheap visible ones.