Halloween Horror Nights 24 Discussion

JDW

It's more than close ties. SyFy is managed by the NBC/Universal arm of Comcast. In other words, Universal owns SyFy.

If Z-Nation gets a second season, I could definitely see the house happening in lieu of TWD.

So, if you don't like TWD at HHN, WATCH Z NATION!!!

Then they need to turn Twister into Sharknado! That needs to happen. Does anyone like Twister anymore?

• Like 2

I wanna see it as a 3-d house : P

They could make it where the sharks pop up out of the ground, or you see them from below (bridge scene), then see them in the house going up the stairs with the same effect as the infamous "treadmill walkers", and as a finale we could have a vortex room a INSIDE the sharknado

Then they need to turn Twister into Sharknado! That needs to happen. Does anyone like Twister anymore?

Twister is going away...

So what is this I hear about the Blood bayou showing being cancelled permanently?

Edit: NVM being discussed in the Bayou thread... carry on

What are they turning Twister into? Any rumors or are they just tearing it down?

I can't say... which is to say I REALLY can't say. I've shaked down every source and pestered every mucky muck I know and they wont say.

Either it is a huge practical joke meticulously constructed to drive me insane by multiple UO personel... Which of course is normal and also a very good possibility... Or they really want to keep the lid on it.

I can't say... which is to say I REALLY can't say. I've shaked down every source and pestered every mucky muck I know and they wont say.

Either it is a huge practical joke meticulously constructed to drive me insane by multiple UO personel... Which of course is normal and also a very good possibility... Or they really want to keep the lid on it.

I won't be surprised when they announce it's closing considering it's a movie from the late 90's, that a lot of people probably won't even know.

Let alone a movie that a lot of people who did see it were unimpressed by it. If they did turn it into a sharknado thing and just add a couple sharks to the "ride", then it would have so many more visitors!

I doubt this but...more Harry Potter?

I do love HP, but NO MORE
  • Like 1

Here's an idea.

Universal not advertise the zombie show of a rival network and instead do a house based on "Z Nation" instead. It's still a generic zombie house, but at least it realizes how stupid zombies are. That, and they can have DJ Qualls do the queue video "from Northern Lights."

Actually They could just do Both, I'll expect a WD house and also a Z Nation house going on at the same time next year

Edited by clash
  • Like 1

OK I'm putting on my UO thinking cap.

The questions regarding TWD are soley because it has been so profitable and they are worried about losing that cash cow. So they want to make doubly sure that TWD will not draw like it has. Because it will leave a void that they will be desperate to fill. If TWD does NOT come back then I expect the New Line Crew and Myers back. Simply because they will draw the crowds like they did in '07. Unless they can find another cash cow but really they are rare. Stephen King would draw but I don't know the specifics of why he won't allow it. But.. enough money will grease the wheels.

That is all they care about.

All these people want an HP Lovecraft house, a Bioshock (or other game house) you have to think in the terms of "will it bring people in".

HP will never garner enough (unless At the mountains of Madness is a smashing sucess)

Bioshock is old and while it has a fan base it is a niche fan base still.

Re did not draw like they wanted. Silent Hill did not draw like they wanted. those were just them honing the ability to find those properties that will be usable year after year.

Universal is floundering in the horror depatment themselves. Look at the slew of flops they have had. they want an "avenger style" franchise for their classic horror films redone... with the same clout as avengers... I fail to see how Dracula Untold will do that but the misuderstood monster is their attempt.

Regardless, you have to think what will bring more people and money into the park.

Don't believe it is about tradition or the legacy or any fluffery like that.

• Like 2

All it would take to fill TWD void would be Harry Potter. Turn London into a scarezone with Death Eaters all over the place and the masses will flock.

Simpsons Tree House of Horror would be a decent draw.

Granted, these two aren't typical horror franchises, just popular IPs with elements of horror tied in.

The Shining would be my most wanted IP now that AWIL, Halloween and Alien are out of the way.

Honestly, and it's sad this will never happen, I want the 25th anniversary to be a "best of" year. Bring back 8 or 9 of the best original houses HHN has ever done, 4 or 5 of the best scare zones and have the event hosted by the icons.

Edited by Tich0las
  • Like 8

All it would take to fill TWD void would be Harry Potter. Turn London into a scarezone with Death Eaters all over the place and the masses will flock.

Simpsons Tree House of Horror would be a decent draw.

Granted, these two aren't typical horror franchises, just popular IPs with elements of horror tied in.

The Shining would be my most wanted IP now that AWIL, Halloween and Alien are out of the way.

Honestly, and it's sad this will never happen, I want the 25th anniversary to be a "best of" year. Bring back 8 or 9 of the best original houses HHN has ever done, 4 or 5 of the best scare zones and have the event hosted by the icons.

yeah this sounds about right. They already have that new cash cow in the back of the park when you think about it. They also already want the event to be PG 13 anyways. Why not kill two birds with one stone and make the event focused on Potter.

Add a Hunger Games house and you will have a bigger crowd that WD already brought to the park. If it money they want, that's money they will get. bigger crowds than WD... Guaranteed. (They already have had action movie houses like Dracula before, Hunger Games wouldn't really be that off)

Edited by clash

I think you were making a joke but this would actually be perfect. Seriously do the 2 park event again and fill IOA with walking dead. Houses, Scarezones, a walking dead stage Show.

Yeah I Am ALL for that, leave the studios alone and focus all the walking dead Attention on filling Islands.

Yea, I was being a bit sarcastic when I said it. But the more I thought about it, the more sense it made. I know it will never happen, but it could be a win-win. 8 original houses at Universal for the 25th anniversary and TWD Land at IoA.

• Like 1

Yea, I was being a bit sarcastic when I said it. But the more I thought about it, the more sense it made. I know it will never happen, but it could be a win-win. 8 original houses at Universal for the 25th anniversary and TWD Land at IoA.

Universal has the money, but they would never approve a budget that large. Plus, I think USF is better suited aesthetically for TWD than IOA.

• Like 1

Honestly I just want Universal to restrict HHN to people either 13 or 15 years old and up. I'm trying to make the age limit reasonable but the people who complain are obviously the parents of every 13-15 year old that can't drive, which is so friggin stupid. If the stupid parents are offended by cleavage or by rituals, then why in the hell do they take their kids? Don't get me wrong, I approve of aspiring horror fans but please don't have such uptight parents. I know this will be an unachieved dream but I want universal to put in the complainers survey if they are a parent or not. If the people who complain put yes, then Uni should respond, " Then why the fuck did you bring your child there you awful parent?" After all it's only natural that if parents bring kids to an event like this, it's only natural to see things like this. They should just restrict the age to 15 and up. It's a win-win: we won't have annoying 13/14 year olds or stupid oblivious parents, and Universal won't lose that much of a crowd, as HHN's GP is mainly composed of young adults (18-25 yrs) I believe. In fact HHN's GP would increase; if kids or stupid parents don't go, there'll be less complaints, more blood and gore and cleavage, and more happy faces. Keep in mind in don't dislike the 13 year olds, I loathe with a passion the stupid idiotic oblivious and foolish parents that arrive thinking there's no HORROR and OBSCENITIES at a PG-13 HORROR EVENT. Dang morons

*sighs* okay now that this rant is over let's talk about happier-ish topics :) .

Hopefully, there will be something for us fans next year ( No TWD FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, and I'm a die-hard fan) such as old 80s horror movies, mostly original houses, good commercials, great marketing etc. but now isn't the time to talk about such troubling and speculative things. It's only the second weekend lol!

• Like 1

So I got to do 5 houses tonight (not AvP, Halloween, and TWD) and got inside at 7/7:10. Great night, lines were not horrible besides TWD and AvP who had at least 60 minute waits all night and Halloween had even longer when I saw the times. Kind of jumped around tonight- did Dracula, Giggles, B&T, Roanoke, FDTD, and then Dollhouse. Longest wait was Giggles and it was 30 minutes because the line was stopped for a while.

And about the age limit, I know it's annoying having little kids but I just don't think that's fair. My first HHN, I was 10. Yes, I didn't look in really any house and I was scared out of my mind, but it was something I loved. So I really don't think it's fair to have an age limit UNLESS it was an extreme event, which we all know as scary as HHN is, it is not an EXTREME haunt event with touching and grabbing. Personally I believe they toned it down this year, well the past couple of years they have. I mean what happened to houses like the Body Collectors!?!??!

• Like 1

I hate seeing 13 and 14 year old kids groping each other all around the damn park. I could really deal without that. And groups of little kids are even worse. My first year I was 15 granted, but I wasn't in a group with a bunch of kids. I was with my aunt and people from her work. They did get shit faced but for the most part, they kept me in line. These kids at HHN are out of control sometimes. I'm all down for an 18 year old age limit.