Halloween Horror Nights 24 Discussion

JDW

What does everyone think is the house they will put most effort in this year? You know in the past houses like the Forsaken have been looked on and very publicized. I think Mike will push Halloween the most this year, but I'm really feeling this FDTD maze... I don't know why, but I feel, after watching the series, that this will be a breakout house.

I found it shocking that they put TWD in the main frame of the arch rather than Halloween tbh

What does everyone think is the house they will put most effort in this year? You know in the past houses like the Forsaken have been looked on and very publicized. I think Mike will push Halloween the most this year, but I'm really feeling this FDTD maze... I don't know why, but I feel, after watching the series, that this will be a breakout house.

I found it shocking that they put TWD in the main frame of the arch rather than Halloween tbh

I'm pretty sure I read they had a 3 year agreement with AMC/TWD for it to be the cornerstone of the event. Not sure if that was ever 100% attributed to someone official, but that seems to be the general consensus.

Also, the number 1 TV program on cable (particularly in the typical HHN-goer's demographic) is a surer thing in marketing than a movie over 30 years old that has had a bunch of underwhelming sequels/remakes in most of the attendees lifetimes.

EDIT: Also, it sounds like DTF's big announcement wasn't available today...but should be available tomorrow. Sounds like it's a piece of merchandise. Hopefully he knows something about something that will really blow all our minds and is new/different :)

Edited by Oysterhead00
  • Like 1

Besides the official HHN twitter account and Inside the Magic account does anybody know of any good twiiter handles/websites to watch tonight for the employee preview? I am always curious to see first reactions. One of my favorite thing to do each year is to compare where houses start versus where they end up. Obviously I prefer to experience and judge them all for my self as the event progresses but it is also cool to see if others share or differ on my opinion on how the houses evolve.

I saw the comment that the music in scare zone finally isn't all Walking Dead. I am hoping this means we can start a thread for you fabulous people to tell us what we're hearing so I can download it. I still listen to that cool song from Silent Hill because it brings me back to HHN every time. I love the good music - but last year sucked ass.

For those not following twitter, here's a rundown whats been said about the houses:

AVP has awesome sets & puppets. Not a lot of scare actors and not as good as AWIL but still great. (Wow at the puppets and sets in Hollywood)
Halloween is fantastic. Amazing sets and good scares. Haven't heard anything bad about it. That facade is stunning
Roanoke is claimed to be the goriest house at HHN in awhile, great finale.
Dollhouse has been listed as both creepy and funny. Great sets again

From Dusk Til Dawn has a good beginning and end. The middle isn't anything special. A lot of mixed reviews
Only two review sfor TWD but said its better then the previous 2 years with a lot of creative scares and scenes. It's long.
Only a few reviews for Dracula, supposed to have great atmosphere but not much else.
Giggles & Gore is really good, gory, interactive, old school HHN. Not as short as advertised.

Edited by somebody85
  • Like 1

Quick thoughts about tonight:

-Halloween is hands down house of the year. Tons of scares, the detail is incredible. They completely nailed this house. Use of projection mapping on the facade is brilliant.

-AvP is gorgeous, the Alien and Predator scares are great, others are okay. Puppets look amazing.

-Giggles was a pleasant surprise. Plenty of fun scares, and does not skimp on the gore.

-Dollhouse is genuinely creepy in so many ways, great use of smells in the house as well.

-Dusk til Dawn is great when its "on" but lags quite a bit at points. The facade scareactor is a perfect intro to the house.

-Walking Dead is very well put together, but zombie-fatigue makes this house lose steam. There are quite a few similarities between this house and last years TWD Hollywood house.

-Roanoke was a mild disappointment. Great sets, the maze feels huge, but the scares just weren't there. Hopefully it gets better throughout its run.

-Didn't get a chance to do Dracula tonight, hoping to get that one done Friday night.

• Like 1