Halloween Horror Nights 24 Discussion

JDW

I know the stuff with the clowns ending up in the street was nothing but wishful thinking and speculation, but I am really really disappointed and just sad that they are leaving that street empty.

seems like a huge wasted opportunity. now that I think about it, they wouldn't even need props to make it work, just a bunch of crazy clowns running around.

All I can think is the area became too much of a cluster last year, with zombies practically unable to move through the crowd. Why I assumed MiB and the area in front of London are off-limits as well.

As minimalistic as this year's website it, the animated Michael Myers did startle me last night. Are the house logos covering the quotes for anyone else?

I use two browsers and there are minor issues with both. On internet explorer, the words/fonts overlap but the rest of the site works well. In Chrome, the house graphics look and flow great except the menus just above it are messed up (tickets, home, gallery, etc) and do not drop down.

I use two browsers and there are minor issues with both. On internet explorer, the words/fonts overlap but the rest of the site works well. In Chrome, the house graphics look and flow great except the menus just above it are messed up (tickets, home, gallery, etc) and do not drop down.

On Chrome, I'm getting the overlap.

Guest kiwisoup

I'm using Google Chrome and it displays fine. The attraction images go under the text and don't cover them, but as this person said the menu items with drop-down options haven't worked the past couple years correctly. BUT, if I touch them with my touch screen, they work properly.

Edited by kiwisoup

I'm using Google Chrome and it displays fine. The attraction images go under the text and don't cover them, but as this person said the menu items with drop-down options haven't worked the past couple years correctly. BUT, if I touch them with my touch screen, they work properly.

Wrong person to reply to, so I'm guessing that reply was to me. Yeah, it's wierd. It's like, reversed for me.

Guest kiwisoup

Wow, I didn't realize until looking at Hollywood's site just how much our events share this year...it's almost everything in one way or another:

The Walking Dead (House) vs. The Walking Dead (House, Scare Zone, Terror Tram)

Dracula Untold: Reign of Blood

From Dusk Till Dawn

AVP: Alien vs. Predator

An American Werewolf in London (We had it last year)

Face Off (Scare Zone) vs. Face Off (House/House of Horrors retheme)

Giggles & Gore Inc. (Clown Factory) vs. Clowns 3D (Clown Ice Cream Factory)

The Purge: Anarchy

MASKerade: Unstitched vs. Mask-a-Raid

Roanoke: Cannibal Colony (House) vs. Skullz (Scare Zone) (Both feature the Wendigo)

Pretty much their Dark Christmas scare zone is the only things Hollywood doesn't share with us in some way.

I know we've shared things before, but never to this level. I know it's some peoples' night mare, but I don't really mind it. I think it will be interesting to see how they compare and contrast...but I just know when I'm getting my YouTube fix of HHN videos down the line, every other comment is going to be a comparison or people claiming one did it better than the other...and that's just annoying.

Edited by kiwisoup

This allows the trend of shared merchandise between both events, they can print shirts that say "Halloween Horror Nights 2014" that apply to either event and sell them at both locations.

Even the house shirt last year was nearly identical with only the houses/mazes being printed differently.

Thank you.

I wonder if this is any sort of indicator as to whether or not Kidzone will even be a holding area anymore?...

There was rumors a while ago that Kidzone would be shut down for reimagining once the summer months were over and with the word of AP previews checking in by Battery Park I am wondering if that is coming soon. If so, maybe Battery Park will be the holding area this year.

There isn't really a holding area for the AP party as much as it is the constraints of where you can go. First, they open parade and the adjacent tent. Later they open the other tent. Then you are freed to the rest of the park.

Battery Park is way too far from those houses or their entrances. If it meant moving to the SS then it would seem to run into the Stay and scream people and cease to be an AP party.

When will merchandise be on sell? Cause I am so ready to order the house shirt!

Merch tends to go on sale the week of HHN. I always order the shirts before I go to the event, which the shirts used to always be online but for the past I would say 3 years, they have never been online. I email the merchandise support the week of HHN (I'll probably email them on September 13) and see if they have the shirts. I almost always buy the shirts blind which some find not very smart but I typically love every shirt. So I would just wait till the week of September 15, in which they usually get the merch. Once they have the merch, you can order it over the phone to your house. Hoped this helped :)

Merch tends to go on sale the week of HHN. I always order the shirts before I go to the event, which the shirts used to always be online but for the past I would say 3 years, they have never been online. I email the merchandise support the week of HHN (I'll probably email them on September 13) and see if they have the shirts. I almost always buy the shirts blind which some find not very smart but I typically love every shirt. So I would just wait till the week of September 15, in which they usually get the merch. Once they have the merch, you can order it over the phone to your house. Hoped this helped :)

I am going to the event 2 nights this year (typically only go one night, so I'm stoked!) Now, for the saturday night I have express and know when and where to use it . Now I will not be at the park till around 7 on Friday, September 26. What should I do? I think I will get B&T done on friday and some houses. Either way, I am doing AP night on the 27 and with express I will be able to do most houses at least 2 times. Which houses should I do on friday? Also whats a good strategy to do all houses on friday night, even when getting inside the park at 7/7:30? I'm really only concerned with the houses, not the rides, so is there any specific order I should do? I was thinking start in the middle (Giggles and Gore) and work my way clockwise to the tents then sound stages.

Guest kiwisoup

I am going to the event 2 nights this year (typically only go one night, so I'm stoked!) Now, for the saturday night I have express and know when and where to use it . Now I will not be at the park till around 7 on Friday, September 26. What should I do? I think I will get B&T done on friday and some houses. Either way, I am doing AP night on the 27 and with express I will be able to do most houses at least 2 times. Which houses should I do on friday? Also whats a good strategy to do all houses on friday night, even when getting inside the park at 7/7:30? I'm really only concerned with the houses, not the rides, so is there any specific order I should do? I was thinking start in the middle (Giggles and Gore) and work my way clockwise to the tents then sound stages.

The general consensus is start at the parade house, then work your way counter clockwise... but if you won't be there till 7/7:30, that changes things. I think your idea to do Giggles first is good because you want to get that done before Bill & Ted 's first show gets out. I forget which tent house has the entrance also closest to B&T but I'd do that one next. After that all the houses will be near their peak times so just choose houses based on wait times...and keep in mind that house wait times drop drastically once it gets near midnight, and even if the park closes while you are in line, you still get to go through. Realistically speaking though, don't bank on being able to do every house that Friday.

Commercial's up for Hollywood. It's still the same for us though. Walking Dead focused. Personally actually do prefer it from last year's.

EDIT: My mistake, didn't watch it through presuming it would be the same. They got AVP and Halloween in there, so that's cool.

Edited by ForeverEvil1

Yeah it's better than rehasing Hollywood's old commercials but... Why can't they saunter a little faster than a shamble to escape them? Lord that grates on my nerves. Zombies are slow. They aren't going to overcome an air port. You would have time to grab your bags, order something in the food court, and liesurely walk out.

:angry:

This is all I ever see in my head when I see these type of scenarios.

http://youtu.be/l4UFQWKjy_I

• Like 3