Halloween Horror Nights 24 Discussion

JDW

Hey guys I've been lurking here for a while.. Anyways you guys are diffidently in the know so I figured this was the best place to ask. I want to do the vip for oct 18 and wanted to buy the on the third do you guys think they'll be sold out? I know it's a stupid question

I looked into VIP last year for the very last weekend and found availability. However, the 18th may be one of the busiest nights. If you get shut out, you can still do Express.

Guest kiwisoup

I summarized the new information from the media preview event tonight from the main event plus several interviews, concept artwork, etc... there's a few minor potential spoilers:

General information:
-Mike Aiello can't comment on Legendary Truth (with a big grin)
-No roaming scareactors in streets
Rocky Horror Picture Show: A Tribute
-Updated videos
-Updated costumes
-Half of the cast from last year
MASKerade: Unstitched
-Giant candles with faces on either side of entrance
-They are violent and will rip their flesh off when they see you
-They have candelabras with knives on the ends for weapons
-Stilt walkers
Bayou of Blood
-Voodoo Queen ritual sacrifice every hour, on the hour
-During the ritual the Voodoo Queen speaks in tongues and "goes crazy"
-Different colored lighted jars synchronized to lighting and music
-The jars "contain" things needed for the ritual, and there will be effects to simulate the Voodoo Queen drawing power from the items in the jars.
-The Voodoo Queen has an assistant with a very "Baron Samedi" inspired look
Face Off
-10 characters from the last 7 seasons of Face Off
-The main characters are used as a distraction for scares (minions?)
-Characters have different sets (think the icons in HHN: 20 Years of Fear)
-Switching off 5 different characters every 45 minutes (each cast displays different costumes)
The Purge: Anarchy
-Freight trucks, "bread truck"
-Will feature "show" moments like capturing people, auctioning off people,
-2 Motorcycles
-Characters from both films
-TVs in display windows will be playing themed videos
Giggles & Gore, Inc.
-Features mimes
-Very gory, hence the name
Dollhouse of the Damned
-Created characters first, environments second with settings based on the characters
-Porcelain dolls, knitted dolls, marionettes
-The one maze that creeps Mike Aiello out
-They chose a very Mexican outfit as their display. Traditional Mexian Dolls look like this, so I think it's a fit.
Roanoke: Cannibal Colony
-Old school Horror Nights feel
-Separates itself from all the other houses this year
From Dusk Till Dawn
-Based in the last 3 or 4 episodes of season 1.
-Will feature the Gecko Brothers, dancing vampires
-Concept artwork shows "The Twister" and a woman in a bikini
Dracula Untold: Reign of Blood
-Movie has an Oct 10th release pushed up a week for the event
-Features a character from the movies called The Master
The Walking Dead: End of the Line
-Biggest maze ever produced in the history of Halloween Horror Nights, the size of two mazes from start to finish
-Follows in exact order of season 4, starting in the prison, ending in Terminus
-Lots of prosthetics
-Not a double run
-Cast of 100, 50 each set
-One setpiece is a destroyed prison tower
-There is one scene in a confined space that features 14 walkers
AVP: Alien vs. Predator
-Used what they learned from the AWIL puppets
-All Aliens are puppeted
-Weyland bioweapon facility
-Most detailed and layered maze in a long time with a lot of work put into lighting as well
-Predator masks feature red lights
Halloween
-You go outside between homes, including the garage
-Only mentions the original John Carpenter movie, but there are said to be "nods" to other movies like Season of the Witch
-Features the tombstone scene
-More about style than gore, but still violent
-Projections onto the facade to make the house deteriorate before your eyes (think Acid Assault)
-Sounds like you do walk through the front? Might be mistaken on this one
Edited by kiwisoup

I summarized the new information from the media preview event tonight from the main event plus several interviews, concept artwork, etc... there's a few minor potential spoilers:

Roanoke: Cannibal Colony
-Old school Horror Nights feel
-Separates itself from all the other houses this year

Should we assume that the surprise at the end is what "Separates this house from all the other houses this year"?

HHN 24 related: Chris, the owner of HHNRumors, asked Mike a few questions last night. First question was if Jack was in G&G. Mike immediately said no.

HHN 25 related but is the second part of that answer: But his reasoning was that next year is the 25th year, an anniversary year. So I'm pretty sure that basically confirms next year will be at the very least partly a reunion year, like 2010.

Edited by foREVer56
  • Like 2

HHN 24 related: Chris, the owner of HHNRumors, asked Mike a few questions last night. First question was if Jack was in G&G. Mike immediately said no.

HHN 25 related but is the second part of that answer: But his reasoning was that next year is the 25th year, an anniversary year. So I'm pretty sure that basically confirms next year will be at the very least partly a reunion year, like 2010.

Tiny thing. The owner of Rumors is Chad. Chris just thinks he owns it.
  • Like 3

Reading all the various interviews and articles from last night, I've realized that 3 of the 4 scarezones seem designed to keep people in them longer.

Bayou - a live show every hour

Purge - the bread truck, dirt bikes, and auctions

Face Off - the changing of characters (and sets?). Still not sure if I'm reading that right.

I find it interesting. One of the usual critiques of the event is a lack of shows. This year we have two zones that will have street shows and one zone that will require more than one walk through to be able to experience it all.

What does everyone think? Has "our voice" been heard?

• Like 1

Bayou sounds VERY Terra Queen-esq and I'll be spending some time there. Anarchy sounds more like the Saws and Steam minishow. I haven't seen Purge 2 yet...but assume I'll enjoy whatever they have. Face Off definitely sounds like a cool zone and an attempt to try to thin the herd in rest of the park by encouraging people to head that way and avoid the congested areas trying to catch different costumes/characters.

Definitely giving the fans what they want...which gives me a ton of hope that XXV is going to be a return to traditional form with an Icon and a full compliment of zones and shows.

In another interview, the woman speaking about scare zones referred to MASKerade being a labyrinth... odd choice of words.

They still call the houses "mazes" even though it's a conga line with flash light ushers ever 10 feet so you can't possibly get lost or go the wrong way. Personal pet peeve of mine :)

Maybe they'll have some big props or something that you have to weave through allowing scareactors to give you some scares. That would be cool if each of the props were a fog machine and made it a bit tricky to see your way through if the crowds are light.

• Like 1