AVP: Alien VS. Predator

JDW

What was the deal with the projection video last night? I saw a twitching logo, a Lego animated scene from one of the Alien movies, and a trailer for the new game Alien: Isolation. I was dying laughing in line. They must have thrown all that shit together last minute xD

"Oh shit! We need a queue vid! What do we do?!"

"Get me the twitchy logo, Lego, and a ad trailer!"

"WHY DIDNT WE THINK OF THAT?!"

"Or, we could like show scenes from the AVP films, or actually develop the original story we created-"

"NO TIME! NO TIME!"

• Like 2

Hollywood's puppets are nowhere near our quality. I was a puppeteer for part of the AWIL run last year, and I'm sorely disappointed in how Hollywood has built theirs. They seem to lack some of the articulation and they even have totally static heads with the jaws locked open (whereas ours had compressed air triggers that opened the mouths; I do have video of one of the puppets operating in full light off-hours, but I'm keeping it private as long as any of the other people involved still work for Universal). Likewise, our Xenomorph puppets appear to use the same compressed air triggers to thrust out their inner jaws.

??

I was there last week and the puppets seemed just as good as ours.

• Like 1

If you ever see a cast change its hilarious! Huge preditor masks sticking out of a cloke. I dont known why but they look so much smaller out of the house, not sayng the house is bad ot anything just a funny cast change.

I saw the group on break behind the fences while waiting for TWD. Watching a Predator drink Gatorade was hilarious! Also watched a cast change happen for Hallowee. I was looking at a Michael Myers mask inside the cloak and the actor threw it off, cocked his head to the side, and got right in my face. Awesome.

the fact that I've been through this house 4 times and I haven't heard that final marine say "GET TO THE CHOPPA" before sending us off through that tunnel is a TRAVESTY.

I'm told that the Non-License-Specific Space Soldier at the end of the house has been in constant guest view, yelling various things at people for 45 minutes straight, 6 times a night, 4-5 nights a week, for six weeks now. You do the math. ;)

Those aren't Predators, they're Jedi. They just wearing masks to hide their identities.

Now that the run is over, I can safely say, sorry... But I was severely limited in what I was permitted by management to say in the scene, with regards to lines from the actual movies. I actually got told not to say "Whatever you're gonna do, do it fast!" at one point. Oh well.

that's kind of weird,

Basically, he couldn't quote the movies Universal didn't have the rights to use.

They only had the rights to AvP franchise correct? Meaning they could only quote AvP and AvP: Requiem?

On another note: Screw Disney for sitting on the Alien theme park rights. The Great Movie Ride is so old now.

• Like 1

Did you notice how all of the Marines' bandanas were yellow, specifically? No red ones? Or how none of the Pulse Rifles had their ammo counters turned on? None of that was an accident.

There were a lot of "Corporate says..." frustrations for the cast working this house. I'm just gonna leave it at that. ;)

• 5 months later...
  • Mark M. unpinned this topic
  • 8 months later...

This is the maze that was as close as we will get to an Alien and Predator standalone maze because they definitely tried to incorporate as much as they could for both franchises because I believe it was the 35th anniversary of Alien at that time and I think AVP would have an anniversary or something, it sucks that they both can't have their own houses, I mean I could see Predator getting another chance with the new reboot movie, idk if it's any good, I haven't seen it but if it is the only way we could get the original or something I'd be happy with it. I did like one scene where one of the colonel marines was shooting up and when I looked up there was just an xenomorph looking down at me, that scared the hell outta me, same goes for getting between both the Alien and Predator and of course ending when you have to crawl out with Xenomorph trying to reach out at you, those scenes were cool to me.

• Mark M. changed the title to AVP: Alien VS. Predator