AVP: Alien VS. Predator

JDW

The house looks like it is def shaping up nicely and I am getting even more pumped for it.

I really hope the Xenomorph puppets are awesome like the wolves in AWIL and not like the awful Licker puppet heads from Resident Evil.

This was a huge concern of mine as well as I was so let down by the Lickers in RE and was scared it could be repeated and that we were all just hoping for AWIL puppets but looks like we are def getting AWIL style puppets. ....I think .... haha!!! I sure hope they are AWIL style puppets either way the photo released looks great and I think this house is shaping up nicely and can't wait.

Guest kiwisoup

The house looks like it is def shaping up nicely and I am getting even more pumped for it.

This was a huge concern of mine as well as I was so let down by the Lickers in RE and was scared it could be repeated and that we were all just hoping for AWIL puppets but looks like we are def getting AWIL style puppets. ....I think .... haha!!! I sure hope they are AWIL style puppets either way the photo released looks great and I think this house is shaping up nicely and can't wait.

Well they kept bringing up AWIL and using their experience with puppets in that house and improving on it for AVP, so I think it's safe to say they will be nothing like RE which don't even really count as puppets to me anyways.

I think the RE puppets were a result of AWiL's budget. Because that maze cost so much, probably RE got the table scraps of that budget for their creature effects. That's just my guess.

Didn't I hear from somewhere that the Xenomorph puppets are going to be reskined from the AWiL ones?

Didn't I hear from somewhere that the Xenomorph puppets are going to be reskined from the AWiL ones?

I've read that in other places as well, but I have also read that they are new puppets.

Personally, I feel the two creature types are anatomically incompatible. While we don't know what is "under the fur", there are distinct differences between the two creatures. The first one being the Wolf is quadrupedal and the Xenomorph is primarily bipedal. The xenomorph has a form closer to humanoid than the Wolf. The forelegs and hind legs need to be thinner and longer to achieve the appropriate look. The head shape of the Wolf isn't similar to the xenomorph. It's far more bulky than the sleek xenomorph head. Then you have the snout which would need to be reworked/removed. And we can't forget the tail, it would need to be longer on the xenomorph too.

Has anyone heard confirmation of either scenario? New or reskinned?

My assumption would've been that they shipped the AWiL puppets to Hollywood since they have the house this year to save them a shit ton of money, because I'm sure making puppets like that for TWO houses would be ridiculously expensive, especially since they're adding a house this year. My guess is no one on the A&D would think to diminish the integrity of the Alien franchise by sticking Alien heads on sticks out of holes in the walls, otherwise I think they wouldn't have worried about doing it right until now. Not to mention, the Lickers weren't puppets. They were static props on sticks. The wolves were literally puppets, and that's what they keep referring to when they speak of the Aliens. They took the techniques and knowledge they gained from the werewolf puppets and applied them to the Aliens.

We've seen the Predator masks. We've seen the head of an Alien puppet. This house is 100% the real deal.

When we were talking about whether or not the Alien house was even happening, there was a lot of talk about how it would not be a financially feasible house to build. There was a suggestion by me and others that it could be done within a budget by reskinning the wolf puppets. So it was not so much a rumor, as just guessing to make things fit.

From what I was told a while ago, Orlando shipped the wolf puppets to Hollywood and the Alien puppets are all new.

When we were talking about whether or not the Alien house was even happening, there was a lot of talk about how it would not be a financially feasible house to build. There was a suggestion by me and others that it could be done within a budget by reskinning the wolf puppets. So it was not so much a rumor, as just guessing to make things fit.

From what I was told a while ago, Orlando shipped the wolf puppets to Hollywood and the Alien puppets are all new.

That makes sense. There was no way our event could afford both AVP and AWiL even without Bill and Ted.

Since Hollywood is doing AWIL, it would make sense to give them those puppets. There's no sense in having Hollywood make there own puppets when Orlando has them just lying around. With Orlando building new puppets this year for AvP, Orlando will be able to reskin them and Hollywood will have a set that they can reskin to their liking. It all works out :3

I've read that in other places as well, but I have also read that they are new puppets.

Personally, I feel the two creature types are anatomically incompatible. While we don't know what is "under the fur", there are distinct differences between the two creatures. The first one being the Wolf is quadrupedal and the Xenomorph is primarily bipedal. The xenomorph has a form closer to humanoid than the Wolf. The forelegs and hind legs need to be thinner and longer to achieve the appropriate look. The head shape of the Wolf isn't similar to the xenomorph. It's far more bulky than the sleek xenomorph head. Then you have the snout which would need to be reworked/removed. And we can't forget the tail, it would need to be longer on the xenomorph too.

Has anyone heard confirmation of either scenario? New or reskinned?

the aliens in AVP movies are quadrupedal

Edited by clash

Guest kiwisoup

Since Hollywood is doing AWIL, it would make sense to give them those puppets. There's no sense in having Hollywood make there own puppets when Orlando has them just lying around. With Orlando building new puppets this year for AvP, Orlando will be able to reskin them and Hollywood will have a set that they can reskin to their liking. It all works out :3

They showed pictures of their versions of the puppets...they def made their own. I can't think of any instance where we sent anything physically with each other. Also, in a recent preview of the maze, Murdy mentioned that they were still working on them in the shop.

Edited by kiwisoup

This house was nothing short of amazing! The aliens look really good and the predators are huge!

Two things I thought were in the house, but didn't notice: a chest buster and the alien queen. Weren't these suppose to be here, or am I missing something?

Can't wait to hit this one again tonight!!

This house was nothing short of amazing! The aliens look really good and the predators are huge!

Two things I thought were in the house, but didn't notice: a chest buster and the alien queen. Weren't these suppose to be here, or am I missing something?

There is a chest burster in the room with the female Marine with the machine gun. I would know, I'm the Predator in that room. :)

• Like 1

Hollywood got the Queen but we didn't, Their final room looks more awesome than ours from what I saw on the videos (huge queen puppet)

We were in line for the house last night when it got shut down. Heard someone got hurt in it and they had to be medically evacuated. Don't know if it had anything to do with that section (if it's the same one we're talking about at the end) but I do know it was definitely closed at the time we went through the house when it reopened.

We were in line for the house last night when it got shut down. Heard someone got hurt in it and they had to be medically evacuated. Don't know if it had anything to do with that section (if it's the same one we're talking about at the end) but I do know it was definitely closed at the time we went through the house when it reopened.

Yeah it was closed for the rest of the night. It sucked because yesterday it was my friend's first time and that's all we kept talking about it line and then it just didn't happen. Disappointment all around

I am so jealous of all of the great runs I'm hearing after my terrible first one.

I had a pretty bad run as well. Missed more of the scares and most of the puppets.

I completely forgot about the Predator Spine rip scene, and I did not see a room where that would be set up. Maybe I missed it but I never even saw where this effect would be set up.

I don't think the house has it.

I was blessed with an amazing run.

Cloaking scene, morphing scene. Every alien got me. The preds were on point. The only thing that wasn't working was the scene where the marine is pulled down. But I didn't even know about it till the tour the next day.

• Like 1