AVP: Alien VS. Predator

JDW

Yeah. I was so sad when I was going through my second time and there was no tunnel...best part of the maze though :3

Hahaha, yeah, the sad part is that the room got shut down NOT that somebody had a heart attack....

Sorry, I just found it so funny. It sounds so... innocently self-absorbed. Haha

• Like 2

The tunnel is indeed open again, but it remains to be seen if it will stay that way. Corporate is worried about the possibility of a lawsuit if someone doesn't realize there is an alternate exit. Personally, I don't really get that, considering that the bypass exit has an Ops and a big green exit sign. It's a lot more common for people to not realize the tunnel is there until they're already past it. We'll see what happens.

The tunnel is indeed open again, but it remains to be seen if it will stay that way. Corporate is worried about the possibility of a lawsuit if someone doesn't realize there is an alternate exit. Personally, I don't really get that, considering that the bypass exit has an Ops and a big green exit sign. It's a lot more common for people to not realize the tunnel is there until they're already past it. We'll see what happens.

Hopefully it stays open. It would suck if they take it out. But if going through things like that upset you then why are you at HHN? If you are truly Claustrophobic you wouldn't even think about going through it.

I Think it will be fine if they get rid of the Tunnel if they could somehow add the alien puppet to the Alternate exit hallway.

If they could somehow add a hole and fit the puppet on that extra hallway or something like that then I don't think it would suck as much. The problem is if they decide to close the tunnel and then not even use that final puppet at all anymore.

Hopefully it stays open. It would suck if they take it out. But if going through things like that upset you then why are you at HHN? If you are truly Claustrophobic you wouldn't even think about going through it.

It's not claustrophobia they're worried about. They're worried about someone who shouldn't be going through the tunnel (elderly, back injury, pregnant, etc) going through it anyway because they didn't realize there was an alternate exit for them, and getting injured and suing as a result. Again, I think it's a lot more likely that people will not know the tunnel is there than the bypass exit, but let's face it... when has something not actually being the theme park's fault ever stopped people from suing anyway? :P

There's always a tug of war between what the creative side wants to do, i.e. what makes for the best scene or the best scares, and what Operations wants, i.e. what limits the chance of anything going wrong, but at least as of last night a balance seems to have been found between the two.

Edited by FullMetalBoxers

It's not claustrophobia they're worried about. They're worried about someone who shouldn't be going through the tunnel (elderly, back injury, pregnant, etc) going through it anyway because they didn't realize there was an alternate exit for them, and getting injured and suing as a result. Again, I think it's a lot more likely that people will not know the tunnel is there than the bypass exit, but let's face it... when has something not actually being the theme park's fault ever stopped people from suing anyway? :P

There's always a tug of war between what the creative side wants to do, i.e. what makes for the best scene or the best scares, and what Operations wants, i.e. what limits the chance of anything going wrong, but at least as of last night a balance seems to have been found between the two.

Well I mean there is a guy there yelling at you to go through the tunnel. I can see why people would think that's the only exit. On the sign with the wait time and throughout the queue they should have warnings about that part of the house and tell them to ask for the alternative exit. Taking it out because of ignorance isn't fair to people who don't have issues and like going through it. I'm not using ignorance as derogatory term. Just people don't know is all.

They do have warnings. The problem is that almost nobody reads them. Operations needs to let the risks happen and trust in the fact they won't lose in a lawsuit (if there even is one) because they did everything they could. If anything they could just warn people of the risks and warnings, including the alternate exits, before they get inside.

They do have warnings. The problem is that almost nobody reads them. Operations needs to let the risks happen and trust in the fact they won't lose in a lawsuit (if there even is one) because they did everything they could. If anything they could just warn people of the risks and warnings, including the alternate exits, before they get inside.

It's not Operations that refuses to risk it. Operations is of a mindset that the route is there, the signs are up, we're fine. It's Legal trying to avoid a lawsuit (plus PR working to avoid negative press).

(See? Theme parks are complicated.)

No offense to anyone on here but Mr. Claustrophobia is a straight up idiot. If there are two paths clearly marked, why the hell would he choose to go through a very tight and enclosed space? Lesson well learned! And he closed the finale scene and a lot of the maze because of his stupidness!!!

I dont know if anyone else is a tech fan but spotted a BooBox flex plus that controles the effects for the dismembered cyborg guy. Its in the room with the predator projection. Not something i wouldnt expect for hhn for some reason.

Edited by Ande

I dont know if anyone else is a tech fan but spotted a BooBox flex plus that controles the effects for the dismembered cyborg guy. Its in the room with the predator projection. Not something i wouldnt expect for hhn for some reason.

They use stuff like that all the time. It's standard haunt equipment.

They use stuff like that all the time. It's standard haunt equipment.

Yea i just saw it quite interesting that they just use common haunted house controllers. I don't know, I just get a great haunt main stream feel if this makes any sense haha. I'm probably just rambling and the only one who thinks this, but seeing that non-universalfied but a 3rd

party controller creates a feeling that HHN is, and uses things, in the relm of other haunts . A feeling that's drown out by the scale and corporatness of the event. Meh, i can't convey my feeling about this haha. I hope this makes sense.

Edited by Ande

I really liked this house a ton. After i went through a few times I watched the Hollywood walkthrough and I realized they got some cool things that we didn't. Have you guys seen the walkthrough which house do you guys think is better or cooler.

No matter what though. Our puppets will ALWAYS be sexier than hollywoods

• Like 2

our puppets are better and our sets are better but I think they got some really cool stuff I wish we had. They have an alien eating someone which we don't really have, Their puppets have legs too, ours are better but theirs are bigger.
and the queen... I am still a little bit hurt over that one lol

our puppets are better and our sets are better but I think they got some really cool stuff I wish we had. They have an alien eating someone which we don't really have, Their puppets have legs too, ours are better but theirs are bigger.

and the queen... I am still a little bit hurt over that one lol

See that puppet really irks me. There is a huge contention as to whetherthe Xenomorphs even eat. Being Silicon based life-forms, they would not be able to eat carbon based life forms. (They would be more inclined to eat rocks and other inert materials). Some claim the hive that they build supplies them with nutrients as it breaks down and converts both structures and bodies. BUT you never see the alien eat in the movies or the books. Sure they kill or drag off for impregnation... and the dog one mauled people like a dog. But the scene they portrayed was a bit too much out of cannon. It would have made more sense if they had shot the alien and were melting.

• Like 2

the fact that I've been through this house 4 times and I haven't heard that final marine say "GET TO THE CHOPPA" before sending us off through that tunnel is a TRAVESTY.

does anyone yell GAME OVER MAN, GAME OVER ....? that would be even more of a travesty (I dont recall ever hearing it)

that's true but they did eat people (Or at least bite them) in the two AVP movies. specially in the sequel to AVP. I remember in the second one the aliens bit into people.

You might be right about everything but the scene in their house looks really cool, I do wish we had it lol

that's true but they did eat people (Or at least bite them) in the two AVP movies. specially in the sequel to AVP. I remember in the second one the aliens bit into people.

You might be right about everything but the scene in their house looks really cool, I do wish we had it lol

Honestly when I saw the walkthrough video, thats the only thing I saw that I truly wish we had it may not be right BUT IT LOOKED FREAKING COOL

besides that though their Alien puppets looked a bit lame and too upright

• Like 1

Hollywood's puppets are nowhere near our quality. I was a puppeteer for part of the AWIL run last year, and I'm sorely disappointed in how Hollywood has built theirs. They seem to lack some of the articulation and they even have totally static heads with the jaws locked open (whereas ours had compressed air triggers that opened the mouths; I do have video of one of the puppets operating in full light off-hours, but I'm keeping it private as long as any of the other people involved still work for Universal). Likewise, our Xenomorph puppets appear to use the same compressed air triggers to thrust out their inner jaws.