AVP: Alien VS. Predator

JDW

Our first run through the house was fantastic, just Saturday's was a bummer. Though we were disappointed, we know shit happens. As many people are going through these houses on a nightly basis it's surprising that more doesn't happen. But our saving grace for that second run was the reason we waited in that line from hell in the first place, my son, who had braved three other houses to make it over to AVP. He didn't care one bit about what was missing. He just loved seeing the Predators and by the time we got to the last one in the house he was just smiling from ear to ear. I know it sucks getting a bad run through a house, but at least his joy from it made up for the bad run for us.

• Like 5

So I watched the Inside the Magic walkthrough of this house last night so I could get a better look at some of it, and I'm even more impressed by the Xenos. They display just as much quality and range of motion as our werewolves last year (as expected from the builder; he also made the security guard being pulled in half on the rack in 2007's Carnival of Carnage show and told me how it was done), and it appears that they're using the same compressed air trigger that the wolves did to open their mouths for the Xenomorphs to let them thrust their inner jaws out.

• Like 1

No, I still have hope that, someday, they'll be used for a future AWIL scare zone in London :D ! Unfortunately, I had a terribly awful run this weekend as all the scares occurred either too early or too late. Nonetheless, the Predators and Xenomorphs looked amazing! I feel that this house and Roanoke are like The Forsaken house, in which that it's already good, but once the scareactors find their groove, these houses will be fantastic!

• Like 1

No, I still have hope that, someday, they'll be used for a future AWIL scare zone in London :D ! Unfortunately, I had a terribly awful run this weekend as all the scares occurred either too early or too late. Nonetheless, the Predators and Xenomorphs looked amazing! I feel that this house and Roanoke are like The Forsaken house, in which that it's already good, but once the scareactors find their groove, these houses will be fantastic!

I had a huge problem with The Forsaken in 2011. The glowing eyes ruined every single scare for me in that house. I was never caught off guard.

Probably the greatest house they've ever designed, but absolutely no intensity. It's really a bummer. I left the house impossibly disappointed after my first run Friday night because of the severe lack of scares. Saturday was much better, however it still wasn't all too impressive scare wise. If the actors really find their groove soon, this will definitely be the best house at the event. But as of now, they need a ton of improvement. I've heard there have been technical difficulties so far with the house. Can anyone confirm?

Probably the greatest house they've ever designed, but absolutely no intensity. It's really a bummer. I left the house impossibly disappointed after my first run Friday night because of the severe lack of scares. Saturday was much better, however it still wasn't all too impressive scare wise. If the actors really find their groove soon, this will definitely be the best house at the event. But as of now, they need a ton of improvement. I've heard there have been technical difficulties so far with the house. Can anyone confirm?

I disagree with the lack of intensity. Both of my visits were very intense and made me want to get the hell out of there.

My question with this house is what is the point of the egg room? There is a half assed animatronic scare and that's it. Is there a scareactor in there somewhere that I've missed multiple times or is it supposed to be a transition room?

I didn't see any scare actors in there and def agree with the half assed facehugger. The detailed eggs are very cool though. I think it's suppose to be a transition room.

Edited by Tich0las

I didn't see any scare actors in there and def agree with the half assed facehugger. The detailed of the eggs are all very cool through. I think it's suppose to be a transition room.

Adding a scareactor at the end of the bridge wouldn't be a bad idea. Or maybe something from above would be pretty cool. Or maybe a sound effect for that facehugger. Something xD

My question with this house is what is the point of the egg room? There is a half assed animatronic scare and that's it. Is there a scareactor in there somewhere that I've missed multiple times or is it supposed to be a transition room?

the egg room is a pretty pointless room, Just a filler room (The Eggs do look beautiful)

An easy way to fix this room would be to have a actor on the window, someone that could hit one of the windows with a stick or something. Very easy to have scares in this room and it would just need one more actor

I know the facehugger that hits the window is a nice effect and I don't want to criticize but it's kind of silly. When I first saw that room I got extremely excited because I assumed an Alien was going to show up in the wall or coming out of the windows or something.

that room definitely needs something extra.

So I have to say I'm getting a little nervous about this house. I won't be able to visit until mid October so I haven't been through the house yet. When it first was announced they were doing AVP, the first thing i thought of was how intense this house would be. It was literally the first adjective to come to mind. The fact so many ppl are talking about the lack of intensity worries me. I figured this house would be insanely loud with chaos all around. Is there just a lot of dead space or not enough scares??? It just seems really weird

So I have to say I'm getting a little nervous about this house. I won't be able to visit until mid October so I haven't been through the house yet. When it first was announced they were doing AVP, the first thing i thought of was how intense this house would be. It was literally the first adjective to come to mind. The fact so many ppl are talking about the lack of intensity worries me. I figured this house would be insanely loud with chaos all around. Is there just a lot of dead space or not enough scares??? It just seems really weird

I wouldn't worry about it! There is dead space if you would define dead space as a just a room with no actors it wouldn't apply to avp at all! Its so hard to tell when a room starts and ends because it flows so well. I genuinely think this is almost up to Gothic levels. IT WAS SO FREAKEN COOL! This house has really cleaver scares I didn't expect, but the houses downfall are souly the actors. They will improve over time. This will be a obvious candidate for HOTY once they pollish up the scares.

These puppets can be re skinned to make them different creatures correct?

There's a limited amount of work that can be done to them. The puppets are built in multiple layers, with the primary layer being a foam body in the shape of the werewolf that the skin and fur is laid on top of. Remaking the wolves to turn them into different creatures would require removing the heads for new ones and maintaining the same basic body shape.

The Xenomorphs are totally brand new puppets.

Edited by Cody

Yeah. You have no need to worry. It'll be very intense. By the time you get here the actors would have found their grooves and the house will be even better (which is hard for me to believe) :P

Yeah. You have no need to worry. It'll be very intense. By the time you get here the actors would have found their grooves and the house will be even better (which is hard for me to believe) :P

So people who are going tonight, if you go into AvP, can you tell us if the tunnel is still closed or not? Much appreciated