The Walking Dead Street Experience

JDW

• 2 weeks later...

Man with this announced for Hollywood, with the actual house and scarezone attached in the actual backlot...I hope Orlando brings it as hard. What Hollywoods doing just sounds really awesome.

Not only does Hollywood have the usal Terror Tram based off Woodbury but you have to board a completely seperate tram to even get to this backlot (which looks a lot like the actual show) making it an actual Walking Dead street experience. And it is seperate from everything else. That's sick.

Edited by somebody85
  • Like 2

Man with this announced for Hollywood, with the actual house and scarezone attached in the actual backlot...I hope Orlando brings it as hard. What Hollywoods doing just sounds really awesome.

Not only does Hollywood have the usal Terror Tram based off Woodbury but you have to board a completely seperate tram to even get to this backlot (which looks a lot like the actual show) making it an actual Walking Dead street experience. And it is seperate from everything else. That's sick.

I agree, Hollywood is going to be amazing, Sounds like they are really going to do a good job in bringing the show to life. I can only pray to the stars that Orlando's is at least half as good as them...

Edited by LV-426
  • Like 1

Hollywood once again outshining orlando, it seems. They're idea of an experience is far better than what Orlando is getting. I think Hollywood is just a better place for things like this since they have these sets. Very interested to see the final results of the two.

well i think the sets will be cool i mean from what I've heard you got:

Woodbury

Hershels barn

Atalanta

The season 2 freeway scene

The season 1 campsite

... and possibly more.

My main concern is the repitetion. Insert generic zombie here there and everywhere. This could be offset by have some strategic hero zombies (i.e. well zomie, bike zombie, etc.) Otherwise i think it will look really cool... but scarewise be kind of dull.

But we need characters too... even if the are generic survivors to have conflict.

• Like 2

Yeah, I mean, if only Universal Orlando had a New York section of the park that they're putting a tank in or something...

well yeah, but then we have to deal with the crappy parade, so They won't be able to go all out (like they should) Since the Parade is so much more important lol

• Like 2

well i think the sets will be cool i mean from what I've heard you got:

Woodbury

Hershels barn

Atalanta

The season 2 freeway scene

The season 1 campsite

... and possibly more.

My main concern is the repitetion. Insert generic zombie here there and everywhere. This could be offset by have some strategic hero zombies (i.e. well zomie, bike zombie, etc.) Otherwise i think it will look really cool... but scarewise be kind of dull.

But we need characters too... even if the are generic survivors to have conflict.

I agree that it will probably look very cool, but Orlando just doesn't have the room to create what that backlot experience is going to be (judging by that video). In Hollywood you're not going to be surrounded by other attractions like we will with some of those zones. You are away from everything essentially seperating the experience from the rest of the event. An RV and abandoned cars on a movie backlot just sounds much more effective.

Hollywoods experience also doesn't have a parade to deal with due to the location. I can just see it working a lot better without having to constantly move props. I'm not sure how Orlando is going to deal with that. I'm not saying they can't but with our advertised street experience being announced way before this, I just can't help but feel a little like they are getting the better attraction. Murdy just sounds more excited about it overall.

With that said..I still can't wait to see what Orlando does, and I really hope the characters do show up. There's no reason they shouldn't since that shop is selling vinyl figures of them. I have a feeling they'll definitely be in Hollywood.

Edited by somebody85

yeah that's the same fear i have... especially being cast in the streets. im hoping the do have survivors so i could could be one lol but guess ill have to wait 1 more month til rehearsals to see what i get.

With that said..I still can't wait to see what Orlando does, and I really hope the characters do show up. There's no reason they shouldn't since that shop is selling vinyl figures of them. I have a feeling they'll definitely be in Hollywood.

as far as characters here in Hollywood last year we got only a cameo from Rick from the episode in season one when he covered himself in zombie guts but other then that they wanted "Us" to be the survivors and stray away from the human characters. This year the only thing for certain is the governer and woodburry's townsfolk but no clue if they're going the same route and those are the extent of show characters or if any other main characters will be used.

I keep seeing a parade being mentioned in various threads and forums. Is a HHN styled parade rumored to be returning this year or are you guys referring to an unrelated parade that runs through the park during the day?

the latter. In order to have a HHN parade scare zones would suffer.

as far as characters here in Hollywood last year we got only a cameo from Rick from the episode in season one when he covered himself in zombie guts but other then that they wanted "Us" to be the survivors and stray away from the human characters. This year the only thing for certain is the governer and woodburry's townsfolk but no clue if they're going the same route and those are the extent of show characters or if any other main characters will be used.

lol thats better than a bag of guns and a crossbow!