The Walking Dead Street Experience

JDW

Also Attraction Magazine video confirmed again for this year. There's no safe zones. Excited sense it scared me last year by the lagoon.

As for the Van. I'm not sure how this would work. With the guest being in the streets. Also the location of where it would come from.

Edited by ZKeeper

I can't imagine there would be enough room for a van to drive around given how crowded the park gets during HHN.

Just have a few people in front of it telling people to get out of the way like when the Blues Brothers drive around the park before and after their shows.

The barn is up and details/inside work is happening. The streets this year are already a massive improvement over last year and that barn is all kinds of awesome!

MTmsZ3l.jpg

sYEeWZL.jpg

Photos via s8film40 of Orlando United

Edited by Coast
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

The actors are doing a great job as far as their movements though. I like what I am seeing a lot. actors are doing a really great job at acting as zombies. So it is cool to see them. Some Walkers have really scared me because of how well they blend with the crowd.
So I've gotten scared, The actors are doing a really good job in all the streets.

Edit: I take back what I said bout the make ups in the streets. I dont know if it is my imagination or what but the make up today was a lot better than Last week. I saw stuff I liked more today.

Edited by LV-426

Maybe it's because I'm not a Walking Dead fan.. Maybe it's because my scare tolerance has gotten pretty high... But I didn't get one scare in the streets.

And hey, I'm a tiny girl. I look like an easy target. But no one even approached me. Really disappointing

Edited by LostAlice
  • Like 1

Maybe it's because I'm not a Walking Dead fan.. Maybe it's because my scare tolerance has gotten pretty high... But I didn't get one scare in the streets.

And hey, I'm a tiny girl. I look like an easy target. But no one even approached me. Really disappointing

I think it also has to do with the fact that there is not a lot you can do with zombies. I mean, A house is different because it is an enclosed space and they have more control over the scares and the environment.

But the streets get too crowded and the zombies blend in with the crowd too well. While this should be perfect for scares, Sometimes I feel it is the opposite.

sometimes I will be walking by a street and a zombie will scare me, but because of their clothes It almost felt to me like it was some random person in the park trying to scare me. It is only when I see their face with bloody make up than I realize they are a zombie.

it is not the actors fault either. Zombies are slow and they cannot talk,

and they look too much like the same people that are visiting the park. Like I said, At first the fact that they blend in works really well to scare people. But after a couple of hours it gets old and it stops being scary. Specially with the amount of noise from other people in the street.

Edited by LV-426

I didn't care for the streets this year. I like creativity and imagination in my horror movies and the same goes for the scare zones and houses. After a while, it was just "oh, more zombies..."

The little sketches that I heard about (where a zombie would attack a survivor) sounded like a neat idea, but the reality is that despite spending 2 days at the parks, I never saw any of them. Probably because I didn't spend any time hanging around in the streets. Too focused on getting in line for the next house! I would bet that if you took a survey of guests, 75% of them (if not more) would not have seen anything other than the standard zombies wandering around.

I really hope they go back to having different themes for the scare zones next year. I really miss well-themed scarezones like Asylum in Wonderland, Containment, Zombie Gras, Canyon of Lost Souls, and "7" (yea, Zombie Gras was more zombies, but at least they were interesting zombies).

• Like 1

The "Sketches" only take place in NY and yes if you spend no time in that location you will never see it. I would say every cast does it at least 2-3 times per set. Some make it more of a awesome experience than others(Kudos to the ladies) mostly you have to stay near the tank. On the other hand I agree with everybody about the streets. I don't blame the actors but really NY is the only one it seems like they took time to craft some of the best ideas.

• Like 1

In 2011, I think the zones were nice. I liked them but I expected better.
then in 2012 I didn't like we didn't get scarezones but only hordes. I LOVED the hordes, but I was sad about the set pieces.
this year I realize that 2011 and 2012 were actually pretty great..

Goes to show that you don't know what you got until is gone, This year the streets are nice but kind of generic... Which makes me worry about next year lol :lol:

Edited by LV-426
  • Like 2

I think they've done a good job spreading out walking dead set pieces throughout the park, and the scareactors I've seen have all been really doing a good job. it's really cool that there are times when you're walking through the park and you don't know if it's another guest or zombie in front of you.

hopefully next year there will be more variety in the scarezones as opposed to one over arching theme, but they have done well with the walking dead this year.

• Like 1