The Walking Dead Street Experience

JDW

With the r.v out at uni. It's looking less like scare zones and More like hoards exclusively with some props from the show scattered around the park... I miss haVen the elaborate setups of the past

This was probably just the first night of construction setup. Lets wait until the rest of the park starts taking shape before we jump to conclusions.

Also, I happen to run into a picture of a large deer prop with a huge gash in its neck on Instagram that said it was for Halloween Horror Nights. I'm thinking it was the prop manufacturer's account, because it was deleted when I went looking for it again last night. It might be under one of the tarps. So there's that..

Edited by Coast
  • Like 1

My one question about these zones, is the music.

Will the theme from the show be playing all over the park? It would be nice if each zone had different music from the show. I know the most recognizable song is the theme song,

But It would be cool to hear some of the other music from the show. It just makes me wonder how they are going to handle the audio and the music. (Who knows maybe some streets will have no music at all... but that would suck)

My one question about these zones, is the music.

Will the theme from the show be playing all over the park? It would be nice if each zone had different music from the show. I know the most recognizable song is the theme song,

But It would be cool to hear some of the other music from the show. It just makes me wonder how they are going to handle the audio and the music. (Who knows maybe some streets will have no music at all... but that would suck)

There are HUNDREDS of songs from the show. Even if you don't include lyrical music. I have all of it from all 3 seasons (and the game soundtrack) and it's pretty awesome

• Like 1

With the r.v out at uni. It's looking less like scare zones and More like hoards exclusively with some props from the show scattered around the park... I miss haVen the elaborate setups of the past

The good thing about Walking Dead is that, They only really need to fill the streets with cars and it would look fine.

If they would just have cars as props we wouldn't need that much.

It would be cool if after the parade they put a bunch of cars around the streets. Well, I hope they do something like that.

Apart from the songs that will be used from the show, i hope we get other songs as well, like from other horror movies, or Nox Arcana's zombie album, stuff like that.

I'm cool with the street experiences, i just need ma chainsawsssssss. Hopefully there will be lots. They're usually what is #1 in my HHN wishful thinking. XD and what usually makes me shit my pants. haha

• Like 1

Apart from the songs that will be used from the show, i hope we get other songs as well, like from other horror movies, or Nox Arcana's zombie album, stuff like that.

'tis a good idea, but I don't think it will happen... I don't know how AMC would feel about the zone having other music like that.

If they do have "Survivors" roaming around the park. I think i know how they could do Daryl,

They can have an actor on a bike(Blood thunder Alley '05, Deadtropolis '06, and the clowns from 2007, with a crossbow maybe, and give him a bandana to wear. similar to the Warriors mask's from last year.

pogqxie90g.png

like that c:

If they do have "Survivors" roaming around the park. I think i know how they could do Daryl,

They can have an actor on a bike(Blood thunder Alley '05, Deadtropolis '06, and the clowns from 2007, with a crossbow maybe, and give him a bandana to wear. similar to the Warriors mask's from last year.

pogqxie90g.png

like that c:

the only thing I would love is to see Walking Dead characters this time around. The whole point of the show is them, the only thing we care about is them,

It is such a shame they can't be in the zones or the car. I would die for Michonne to be somewhere and be able to see her

Who said survivors won't be in the scarezones? It would be a stupid move of universal not to include humans anywhere. The shows about humans

we might get survivors....yes, but Not characters from the show. You might not see Rick or Daryl or anything like that. You might just see generic survivors

Heres a vlog from The Tim Tracker showing off all of the scarezone pieces that are out in the streets so far:

Darryl's truck and the Sophia station wagon are pretty much right when you walk in the park, so I think you can count out any sort of evil takes root scarezone at the entrance.

At 3:40, you can see some irrigation tubing rigged from one of the coolers and into the fire pit. Thats more than likely going to be a fog chiller, so some sort of flame/fog effect will definitely be happening there. Also at 5:05, they point out some sort of bar/handle on top of the RV for an actor to use to support themselves when they stand on top of it. Pretty cool stuff.

Edited by Coast
  • Like 1

Well the barn is burned out, Atlanta doesn't need survivors, The campsite has corpses sitting around it (and the site says "Will you dare to go closer to the eerily abandoned RV?"), and SF has a few cars (which I believe has corpses in it) plus the bus.

The clear had one human dude and that was it and the woods could be anything (obviously a few photo ops here). Technically it doesn't have to have survivors.

I can see a few hear and there and maybe a roaming band with the CDT.

• Like 1

Heres a vlog from The Tim Tracker showing off all of the scarezone pieces that are out in the streets so far:

Darryl's truck and the Sophia station wagon are pretty much right when you walk in the park, so I think you can count out any sort of evil takes root scarezone at the entrance.

At 3:40, you can see some irrigation tubing rigged from one of the coolers and into the fire pit. Thats more than likely going to be a fog chiller, so some sort of flame/fog effect will definitely be happening there. Also at 5:05, they point out some sort of bar/handle on top of the RV for an actor to use to support themselves when they stand on top of it. Pretty cool stuff.

I dont know.....I know the streets are nowhere near finished and I know once with the actors and the music it will be different. But it feels kind of lame.

I was okay with the fact that Walking Dead took over the streets, but now that I see pictures and video it doesn't really feel that cool.

Hopefully with the other stuff they will add things will get better. But it just feels kind of lame.

I can't believe I am saying this lol.... but I miss 2012 hordes now....... (the street props were a little better too)

Edited by LV-426

Guest kiwisoup

I dont know.....I know the streets are nowhere near finished and I know once with the actors and the music it will be different. But it feels kind of lame.

I was okay with the fact that Walking Dead took over the streets, but now that I see pictures and video it doesn't really feel that cool.

Hopefully with the other stuff they will add things will get better. But it just feels kind of lame.

I can't believe I am saying this lol.... but I miss 2012 hordes now....... (the street props were a little better too)

Well I for one am excited for the Street experiences this year and I'm gonna go out on a limb and say you're in the minority. A few generic tiny cryypt/grave decorations are better? Really?

I liked the hordes because some of the actors got really creative with their scares. I wonder if the actors will have that freedom this year? And as for the theming on the streets this year... Honestly, how much can you really expect? The streets have one theme, which is the walking dead, and the majority of the show is cars, woods, and buildings... Which sounds like it fits in UO but really it isn't to much to work with in terms of creating sets. I'm sure there will be areas that stand out but as a whole what you see now is what a majority of it will be. I'm also pretty sure with the actors in there it wont feel so bland and empty.

• Like 1

Well I for one am excited for the Street experiences this year and I'm gonna go out on a limb and say you're in the minority. A few generic tiny cryypt/grave decorations are better? Really?

well, I see it like this.

Yes, a few genetic tiny graves were kind of silly, But the actors last year were amazing. the costumes were amazing. the chainsaw girls were pretty hardcore.

This year we are going to get what we had in front of Disaster, but all over the park, Which is not a bad thing, But it doesn't sound really great either. having a couple of cars and a couple of tents here and there is not really going to do much.

I hated the idea of Hordes because we didn't get detailed sets. But I never had a problem with the actors, they were always amazing.

But maybe you are right, and maybe the actors playing zombies will totally do an amazing job and will make this a great year. It's just that the pictures of the streets so far feel a little bit lame.

yeah, you are right.

Edited by LV-426