Halloween Horror Nights (Hollywood) 2013 Speculation/Predictions

The Walking Dead is the main marketing property as it was last year. But Hollywood has not done a real "theme" since 2007 with Jack's Carnival of Carnage. And stopped doing the whole icon thing since 2010.

That's what bothers me about HHN nowadays. It seems to be a big advertisement nowadays. There's no unifying theme...it's just bluahfhgagaja this that.

Well....those too. Haha, but I've had other things going on and I already know along with Grindhouse what the other maze is, which is why I'm not posting in this thread as much. There was also another reason for that which is what Legacy brought up.

I've heard that all year....since September as a matter of fact. I was also not on here as much for the remorse of this AWESOME thing not happening; this was also why I was a tad pessimistic on the discussions lately. I heard somewhere he was supposed to have his own SZ in the entrance and that he was going to be our main icon. His house was supposed to go in ss 28 and they were going to use the Phantom sets! How awesome would that have been.

Of course, I knew this didn't go through when I saw the Purge sz announced. I knew this would've been too good for HHN. <_< Of course. EVERY. FRIGGIN. YEAR. Something awesome HAS to be scrapped for budget cuts. Legacy, you mentioned that our WD house was going to be the same as last year. I assume they previously decided to make it the same as last year to fund the Usher?

I'm GRIEVED that this didn't happen, but at the same time I'm glad we just have six so that we can finally have no repeats and fund the event for more offerings (Better SZs and more shows) to help the atmosphere and capacity. Oh well. I'm still going to love this year anyway. Who knows, maybe we can get the Usher next year? It would be late celebrating the 100th anniversary, but whatever.

• Like 1

Yeah... I've known about it for a while. With the new TWD scarezone getting announced for y'all I figured what the heck.

EDIT - I haven't been told why it was scraped and why TWD is now an all new maze, but budget (as with everything else) seems like the most likely reason.

Edited by Legacy

Regardless of what we could have/did not get, this event has me stoked almost as much as my first year. There is much to ballyhoo about with great properties, a soundstage maze, different locations, with a few more surprises still awaiting us! Hopefully, the execution (another bad pun intended) will match the potential of what could be one of the most memorable events for HHN.

• Like 2

I'm excited for this year, don't get me wrong, I'm just so frustrated how all of this awesome stuff gets scrapped EVERY. SINGLE. YEAR.

I know for 2010, we were supposed to get Vampyre and that got scrapped. Thanks Freddy.

2011, I'm actually glad the Freddy VS Jason thing got scrapped, so I'll make an exception here. I heard a rumor (Again a RUMOR) that Rob Zombie had an original concept in mind for T2.

2012, we got American Werewolf scrapped for the horrendous TCM house. I also heard Silent Hill was supposed to go in a sound stage.

This year, Usher gets scrapped. It happens every year folks. But nevertheless, we finally got a sound stage house, the event has expanded onto the backlot, we'll (HOPEFULLY) get an improved Terror Tram experience, we'll have no repeats outside of House of Horrors, we'll have improved scarezones with the Purge, Walking Dead, and Chucky, and I'm hearing more shows this year. I'm still going to go and have a great time and enjoy myself. It's going to be great and I can't wait. I think Knott's may have some potential of beating out HHN this year, though.

Budget cuts gave them the funds to build a new house for a returning franchise with cheap costumes versus an all new house with entirely original costumes and designs.

The wanted to save money by reusing TWD and focusing on an all-new house and icon with more elaborate sets. The new house and icon gets scrapped, so some of the money that would have been used on the Usher is allowing them to build a new TWD maze (which they don't really need new prosthetics or costumes for).

Budget cuts gave them the funds to build a new house for a returning franchise with cheap costumes versus an all new house with entirely original costumes and designs.

The wanted to save money by reusing TWD and focusing on an all-new house and icon with more elaborate sets. The new house and icon gets scrapped, so some of the money that would have been used on the Usher is allowing them to build a new TWD maze (which they don't really need new prosthetics or costumes for).

I also heard somewhere that AMC was funding the WD house.

Hey y'all, that Zoolander: Mushu's Boogaloo maze got scrapped this year too. Damn budget cuts.

except that fact that Legacy along with Dr. Jimmy and JDW are you know...pretty accurate when it comes to rumors and trusted sources.

OPEN YOUR MIND HOLES lol. Save the jokes for when Tmrw comes in and spills more of his earlyintheyear bullshit

Edited by Ridesandstuff
  • Like 1

I was referring to Evil Dead. "Something on both coast that is not returning." If I remember correctly, there were assumptions that I was referring to Alice Cooper.

I typically don't make proclamations about the West Coast. This year, specifically because of the information, I alluded to what I had been told. Freak is coraborating the Usher story, AND TWD, so believe what you will. Your cynicism isn't going to affect me one way or the other.

Cheap costumes? That's amazing that you have seen Larry Bones work in person.

I was just looking into it since the last thing you said about the Hollywood event was incorrect and (as far as I had seen) you hadn't said anything about why you were wrong the first time. It's no biggie. It all checks out now, I was just skeptical at first.

---

On another note, Horchata isn't even dairy based. So that "gone too far pandering to the Latin audience" thing by spraying them down with raw milk from farm animals (huh?) isn't even well informed racism. How racist do you have to be to hate the idea of mazes aimed at the Latin demographic even though La Llorona was so awesome?

Edited by ferox
  • Like 1

There's a massive cost difference between distressed, modern clothing and period, theatrical costumes.

And thinking back on my statement about returning to both cost (I really had to think back on it with how long ago it was), I was referencing La Llorona. From my understanding of my source at the time, La Llorona was assumed to be back on the West Coast.

I was just looking into it since the last thing you said about the Hollywood event was incorrect and (as far as I had seen) you hadn't said anything about why you were wrong the first time. It's no biggie.

---

On another note, Horchata isn't even dairy based. So that "gone too far pandering to the Latin audience" thing by spraying them down with raw milk from farm animals (huh?) isn't even well informed racism. How racist do you have to be to hate the idea of mazes aimed at the Latin demographic even though La Llorona was so awesome?

joke people...its. a. joke

• Like 2

There's a massive cost difference between distressed, modern clothing and period, theatrical costumes.

And thinking back on my statement about returning to both cost (I really had to think back on it with how long ago it was), I was referencing La Llorona. From my understanding of my source at the time, La Llorona was assumed to be back on the West Coast.

Probably. The whole "mexican legend" thing can be labeled as La Llorona.

You guys gotta understand my jokes are all in pure fun haha

I even make fun of myself.

Us that have been here forever poke each other every chance we get

And we especially poke the newbies, and the "legends" aren't off limits either!

Sources are just a funny thing. Sometimes it ain't even worth knowing anything until June or July. I've said it from the beginning year... things change down to the very last minute, even during the event.

I'm glad La Llorona didn't happen again. That wouldve ticked me off pretty bad.

Yeah, she's great but she's had her time. Cucuy should be pretty cool though.

See? Info gets messed up especially when getting it across the country. I was just checking since the other rumors didn't manifest.

There's also the variety thing. Hence not seeing CITW or RE on this coast. Since we have that year round tribute to Universal Horror History. Yeah the concept could be expanded, but it's an expansion of something that Hollywood audiences can get year round there's little to no GP interest. And Universal hasn't exactly set up their classic monsters to be played straight for horror either.

If AMC is paying for TWD...well there's good in that. Now I'm sure that AMC having such a big hand in this year is the reason AHS isn't on either coast. But you know how we have that soundstage? AMC indirectly paid for that. Yes it's a giant bankrolled promotion, but we get two mazes that are going to be bigger than anything non-HOH we've ever seen at HHNH. That's pretty cool.

You guys gotta understand my jokes are all in pure fun haha

I even make fun of myself.

Us that have been here forever poke each other every chance we get

And we especially poke the newbies, and the "legends" aren't off limits either!

Sources are just a funny thing. Sometimes it ain't even worth knowing anything until June or July. I've said it from the beginning year... things change down to the very last minute, even during the event.

Ahh ok, sawwy :P

^Not to dip into 2014 speculation this early, but HHN will have to have this ss every year as all of us (GP alike) will see this as a "downgrade" for the event, similar to the event losing a house.

Yup. As Murdy keeps saying, each year has to be bigger and more successful. Everyone from the true fans worthy of HHN to the great unwashed GP will be saying that it sucks that we didn't get a soundstage and a backlot maze this year.