Halloween Horror Nights (Hollywood) 2013 Speculation/Predictions

Grind.... have you been to Six Flags lately? If not, let me inform you there are literally coaster vehicles WRAPPED in advertisements. I once went on Viper as it was wrapped with an Axe ad. I once went on Ninja wrapped in a Karate Kid poster. I once went on Colossus as it was renamed to something stupid that had to do with the Three Stooges.

Advertising needs to get under control - this is actually fairly serious.

Go to Disneyland and you'll hardly see Coca-Cola advertised. No big name brands thrown onto umbrella shades or giant posters telling you to go eat Lays. A ride might be sponsored by Chase or Honda, but you'll only see that on the sign and never see it again throughout the attraction.

Who's doing it right? Disneyland or Six Flags?

Sure Disneyland doesn't need the advertising money - and we all know they're the most money hungry people in the business. But there's a right and wrong way to do things that doesn't seem so obvious.

Universal (or HHN for that matter) is going to turn into Six Flags if they're not careful. Soon, therell literally be vendors outside of a maze as you exit it selling the DVD or advanced tickets, or a voucher telling you not to forget to tune in.

Its annoying, and masking the advertising is better than BLATANT advertising. Disneyland masks their advertising and still wracks up the money on merchandise. Exit through the gift shop is a classy tact. Not exit into the park where you'll be persuaded by more ads.

those are two way different subject! Is Mia gonna jump out at us scare and as going back into the boo screaming "Now on DVD"? are the gonna be walker wrapped in AMC logos? The baises for this that everyone is getting their pantys in a bunch is because last year AMC had a commercial for the walking dead when we would usualy go into the mummy tunnle (which people normaly bitch at) which was not AMC who started doing it btw we have seen a trailer litteraly every years since 08. The fact that Internet annoucments have plugged things is what making people flip their S**t is kinda ridiculus there has been banner advertising movies every year and hell without HHN there are movie, TV and DVD posters as you enter the park. Unlike Universal SixFlags is dependent a lot on their sponserships which is why everything has ads plaster all over the place and all the TVs play commercials for 711 coke and what not but also SixFlags is not realy themed so does it realy take away from anything? though I do give you renameing colosses momentarly is a stupid idea. Also keep in mind 2006 HHNH had a Full Throtle truck in the scarezones, so even if they resort to puting ads at the end of mazes (which I doubt they will do) its nothing new. Look Murdy and Uni are not stupid enough to let ads ruin the mazes themselves, and does it realy hurt the event if they play a commercial on the Terror Tram (like normal) or add "Now On DVD" on the maps? are banners on the esculator or gates gonna ruin your night? no. So why with every annoucment complain cuz the annoucment pushes a DVD or Movie? it's not IN the maze itself. So what if every maze this year go in hand with a release of something? I don't get the blind hate for 3 little words on a internet ad.

Maybe it's just me, but the way you phrased that makes it seem like July was, like, FOREVER ago instead of two weeks and some change. Lol But you're right Zero (and Ferox too; MY APOLOGIES BACK AT YOU!) Grind was first to mention El Cucuy. (

Naw lol I just mentioned a bunch of Mexican Boogiemen lol technically you made a connection to the clue you get credit lol

• Like 1

Lol No worries, Ferox! AND THANKS FOR THE ALL CAPS APOLOGY, I'm touched! ^_^

I only save my all caps/bold replies for such serious occasions.

You're all going to die tonight...if you don't order Evil Dead now on Blu Ray and DVD!

• Like 2

Grind.... have you been to Six Flags lately? If not, let me inform you there are literally coaster vehicles WRAPPED in advertisements. I once went on Viper as it was wrapped with an Axe ad. I once went on Ninja wrapped in a Karate Kid poster. I once went on Colossus as it was renamed to something stupid that had to do with the Three Stooges.

Advertising needs to get under control - this is actually fairly serious.

Go to Disneyland and you'll hardly see Coca-Cola advertised. No big name brands thrown onto umbrella shades or giant posters telling you to go eat Lays. A ride might be sponsored by Chase or Honda, but you'll only see that on the sign and never see it again throughout the attraction.

Who's doing it right? Disneyland or Six Flags?

Sure Disneyland doesn't need the advertising money - and we all know they're the most money hungry people in the business. But there's a right and wrong way to do things that doesn't seem so obvious.

Universal (or HHN for that matter) is going to turn into Six Flags if they're not careful. Soon, therell literally be vendors outside of a maze as you exit it selling the DVD or advanced tickets, or a voucher telling you not to forget to tune in.

Its annoying, and masking the advertising is better than BLATANT advertising. Disneyland masks their advertising and still wracks up the money on merchandise. Exit through the gift shop is a classy tact. Not exit into the park where you'll be persuaded by more ads.

I personally do not see a problem with it. If it's making more money for Universal then why not? Thats just more money that can be spent on making HHN better. We have MAJOR properties. It's not like the owners of said properties are going to just give if away that easy. Like TWD, AMC is a big company. They want a video in the TT to show off their show. Imagine getting on the tram, it showing a clip, and being like, "oh yeah, and AMC'S The Walking Dead." Of course they're going to want their properties promoted. I can live with having a little extra advertisement, in order to have them at the event.

I personally do not see a problem with it. If it's making more money for Universal then why not? Thats just more money that can be spent on making HHN better. We have MAJOR properties. It's not like the owners of said properties are going to just give if away that easy. Like TWD, AMC is a big company. They want a video in the TT to show off their show. Imagine getting on the tram, it showing a clip, and being like, "oh yeah, and AMC'S The Walking Dead." Of course they're going to want their properties promoted. I can live with having a little extra advertisement, in order to have them at the event.

Well what if "A little" becomes the whole event.

It sucks how USO got CITW, AWiL WITH Evil Dead and The Walking Dead and only to have the best announcement ever: Resident Evil. Ill be real depressing watching the maze videos on YouTube. And it also sucks how were probably going to get the same 3 mazes next year: AWiL, Resident Evil & CITW.

It sucks how USO got CITW, AWiL WITH Evil Dead and The Walking Dead and only to have the best announcement ever: Resident Evil. Ill be real depressing watching the maze videos on YouTube. And it also sucks how were probably going to get the same 3 mazes next year: AWiL, Resident Evil & CITW.

If that. Maybe next year's IPs will take over

So it sucks that were not getting those properties but it also sucks you may get the properties you want to see next year? Lmao that's some flawed logic buddy. X)

• Like 3

So it sucks that were not getting those properties but it also sucks you may get the properties you want to see next year? Lmao that's some flawed logic buddy. X)

I don't want old, used items next year when I could have brand new, never-before used next year instead. D: No sarcasm.

• Like 1

Murdy's official stance on the unused IPs (AWIL/AHS/CITW/RE) is that they can be done any year and he probably will, just not this one. AHS and RE can't be in the park if WD is there, so when Orlando leaks their properties next May we'll know what the deal is.

Interesting note, Murdy said that he "knew there would be a problem" with having AHS and TWD in the park and he "didn't even try." It's worth noting that Orlando was going to have AHS as part of the lineup. Murdy's line about knowing there would be a problem was said after AHS was canned and ED was added to the lineup for unknown reasons. Was he talking about why AHS was part of the original lineup for Orlando and then canned for ED? I wonder if Jimmy will explain more in one of his wrap up videos. The behind the scenes stuff is harder to get a good source on besides "It was going to happen but it didn't." But it could easily be AMC saying that they don't want two TV shows at the same event, even if they tolerated RE in Orlando. Or Orlando figured ED was a bigger property than AHS and didn't want to cancel AWIL since they've been trying to do it for three years now. But then why would Murdy say he knew there would be an issue? As far as I know he's only said that about things that happened already, IE Scream 4 performing under expectations at the box office. Personally I think Scream 4 For Life and Scream 4 suffered for a number of reasons, Scary Movie being one of them. I think having Ghostface pop out with shaker can like a deranged homeless person did killed off any remaining scare value he had that wasn't taken away with Scary Movie. I just hope he doesn't find out about Scary Movie 2 being mostly a parody of The Exorcist.

BUT ANYWAY. If Jimmy ends up saying if AHS was pushed out of Orlando by AMC, that's going to say a lot about any other TV show or currently best known as a TV show ip (Exorcist, Rosemary's Baby, Scream) existing in the park if WD is happening next year.

• Like 1

BUT ANYWAY. If Jimmy ends up saying if AHS was pushed out of Orlando by AMC, that's going to say a lot about any other TV show or currently best known as a TV show ip (Exorcist, Rosemary's Baby, Scream) existing in the park if WD is happening next year.

Idk it seems weird that AMC would have problem with it I mean a huge if not the only reason I can see a problem is if one of the owners FX or AMC turned into (pardon my French) a d**k messuring contest. The person with the bigger property literally have nothing to worry about and no offense to AHS fans but walking dead is the bigger franchise. So why would AMC freak? Think about look how WD is being marketed? Would you be happy with that if you were FX? Ps I do know FX shows WD out of country

It IS weird, but judging by what Murdy said about having two TV shows a year AMC felt that they didn't want to share the spotlight with AHS. According to Murdy, he had to choose between TWD and AHS, and TWD was the winner since it is much more popular. In his own words...

If you're a horror TV show, would you want to share the spotlight with another horror TV show? #1 show wins. Sorry, its a reality of business. Didn't even try cause I knew it would be an issue. Rule #1 Awareness. WD wins. Movies are different. There's the release and DVD release...not continuous like TV. I passed on a lot of things THIS YEAR, because I can do them ANY YEAR and probably will. Time is of the essence. AHS averages less than 3 million viewers, WD is 11 million. If you had to pick 1 what would u pick

So it really looks like that sharing the spotlight was an issue, and he had to choose one. Weird, but it looks like it is the case. And since AHS was pulled from the Orlando lineup and Murdy knew it would AHS would be an issue, it looks like that. But all we know is that Orlando was going to have AHS and then didn't. We can assume Murdy is saying "I knew it would be an issue" referring to an issue Orlando had, but I don't know that by any means. But he uses the same language as he did to describe Scream 4's problems and why he thinks they had them.

And RE: Unused IPs this year...

In the same conversation he made very slightly veiled references to how he wanted to do another Cooper maze this year but didn't in lieu of Black Sabbath and he didn't do AWIL this year. Especially since he really liked his idea for Cooper and he had AWIL already written out. I can sympathize to be honest. Nobody wants an AWIL maze at HHN more than Murdy, but he had to pass it up for the good of the event. That's not an easy choice to make.

• Like 1

So you really think we will see ads in the maze because there are ads all over the place in uni without HHN espeacily for movies and tv shows what's the difference with HHN? Cuz now they are horror movies? How dare they advertise stuff we like!!!

Umm. Was the event created to advertise horror movies?

Go to bed you guys, jeez, y'all are like the Midnight Society sharing stories and throwing sand into dirt.

So is Figure the celeb Murdy was working on a maze with? I also think he'll be the one performing in his maze on an unannounced date (someone asked if DJ Franky was actually spinning the tables... ha! Don't make me laugh..... or.... wait, shit is he? Bahahaha) Can we rightfully assume now that Pumpkin has no celebrity involvement?

So is Figure the celeb Murdy was working on a maze with? I also think he'll be the one performing in his maze on an unannounced date (someone asked if DJ Franky was actually spinning the tables... ha! Don't make me laugh..... or.... wait, shit is he? Bahahaha) Can we rightfully assume now that Pumpkin has no celebrity involvement?

I guess Figure could be considered the celebrity but he's not very popular- I'm hoping he collaborated with someone for Pumpkin but who knows.

Frankenstein pops out, buy Figures new album or you'll meet your dooom!

Mia in the cellar, Were gonna get you if you don't buy Evil Dead

Black Sabbath scareactor buy the new Black Sabbath album or we'll nuke your ass (Actually bought a Black Sabbath T-Shirt today, Thanks HHN!)

Darth Maul, watch insidious chapter 2 or I'll slash you with my light saber lol :P

The purge opening scaremoney, The annual purge has now begun, for the next few hours all crime is legal, emergency services will be unavailable, you will be the annual purge target if you don't buy the purge on Blue Ray or DVD.

Chucky scarezone, Hey you dumbass buy the Curse of Chucky on Blue Ray or DVD or im gonna get you!

Lmfao

• Like 2