Halloween Horror Nights (Hollywood) 2013 Speculation/Predictions

Ah. Hard to track down then. Well that more or less confirms the El Cucuy spec.

Having a pumpkin headed monster as an antagonist could give the event a bit of that old timey Halloween vibe without ripping off Orlando's Traditionals/KSF's Treat or Treat. Or trying to make the UCM scary. I'm pretty excited for this one.

Haha I know, just really love AWIL.

Murdy just said he already had AWIL planned out when someone mentioned it. Now I might be a little late on this but was this scrapped for 13:3D? I remember him saying he had a maze planned out but got rid of it for Chris' idea. I'm guessing its gonna be coming probably next year.

Edited by TeenagerFromMars
  • Like 1

Am I the only one who thinks that this whole promotion thing is getting a bit out-of-control? I mean, HHN is pretty much IP-based, but this year, this whole thing about "Coming soon! Coming out on Blu Ray! Watch now!" Is getting ridiculous.

That's what I've been saying the past 2 months and people started snapping at me saying if you don't like it don't go .___.

Even the announcement artwork on our Evil Dead topic states "now available on Blu-Ray and DVD". I think people on here are just scratching their heads as the promotions are becoming a tad obvious.

Yeah it sucks that they make it so obvious now it proves my the only way they can get the deal done . 'Please say yes, we'll promote the shit out of it more this year' lol

***** It's probably the only way****

Murdy described AWIL's awareness as "near the bottom of the heap" and he has five real venues to fill as opposed to eight. When you have eight mazes and a generally fickle GP that decides if the event is going to make more money than last year, it would be a huge risk to give one of the few spots over to AWIL. All properties and themes run that risk, but the odds are really against AWIL. It's not exactly an IP that you could understand without seeing the movie either. For a second, imagine you know nothing about AWIL. Now try to imagine a HHN style maze and try imagine what that would look like to you. I'm sure if Murdy had 8 venues to work with we would see it, but having five really restricts the risks he can take.

Murdy described AWIL's awareness as "near the bottom of the heap" and he has five real venues to fill as opposed to eight. When you have eight mazes and a generally fickle GP that decides if the event is going to make more money than last year, it would be a huge risk to give one of the few spots over to AWIL. All properties and themes run that risk, but the odds are really against AWIL. It's not exactly an IP that you could understand without seeing the movie either. For a second, imagine you know nothing about AWIL. Now try to imagine a HHN style maze and try imagine what that would look like to you. I'm sure if Murdy had 8 venues to work with we would see it, but having five really restricts the risks he can take.

with something like Walking Dead at the event I dont think AWIL's awarness would realy hurt sales.

The event is more than one maze. Even if the headliner is a great draw, the supporting acts are there for a reason. Especially with a price tag like HHN. Especially since FOL passes are a great source of revenue, so if people could say "Eh, we'll just skip that werewolf maze, who cares?" and not to FOL or RIP that is bad for business. Especially if the event hopes to get return visitors which is more likely if all of the real mazes are appealing to them. There's merch sales to consider on top of that. AWIL would be a pretty expensive maze and in return it would likely draw down the overall excitement going in and satisfaction going out for the event. The average would still be pretty high thanks to WD, but one low score can certainly drag down an average. Imagine Murdy meeting with the budget people and explaining that he spent X% of the budget on a maze that the majority of people who went to the event didn't care about. That wouldn't bode well for the event's budget expanding next year or Murdy's creative clout with the team. If somebody like Murdy who loves AWIL more than anyone here I imagine thinks it is a bad idea, it's probably a bad idea.

Oh yeah, and if one real maze is notably less popular than other mazes that makes line congestion an even worse problem.

• Like 1

Back to my original guess, El Cuco (El Hombre del Saco, The Bogey Man).

Translated to English from http://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/El_hombre_del_saco

1910 . Gádor , Almería . Francisco Ortega was a sick Moorish tuberculosis desperately seeking a cure for his disease. This went to the healer Agustina Rodriguez, who in .......

yada, yada, yada, etc., etc.

OM fricking G, I feel like such a derp!!! I just realized that when I made that post, I had somehow missed reading like at least 10 pages of you guys going over all of this...

You guys were probably thinking, "Yeah, okay Jill, El Cuco, WE GET IT ALREADY! *rolls eyes* *wonders if Jill hit her head or is on heavy medication*..."

BRzou7SCIAAg36-.jpg