Halloween Horror Nights (Hollywood) 2013 Speculation/Predictions

Yes we did. Very last minute, but we did. I think 2 weeks before, someone guessed Black Sabbath instead of just Ozzy. So yeah, it kinda still counts.

And the Pumpkin spec of El Coco (if it pans out) is pretty last minute too, but would still count. However, the rest of the lineup, we guessed almost immediately late last year/early in the year.

I think Grindhouse was the guy who said it could be Black Sabbath. Wait didn't he also say El Cucuy first? If he's right about El Cucuy...bravo.

EDIT: JILL SAID IT FIRST. I'M WRONG SORRY ABOUT THAT JILL.

Edited by ferox
  • Like 1

Noooo I wanna say it was a little before that. Someone mentioned it and we all (well, excluding me since I was in denial) were aboard the "Cooper Ain't Happening" train, which turned into a "Ozzy/Sabbath" train.

Edited by DTH316

I think Grindhouse was the guy who said it could be Black Sabbath. Wait didn't he also say El Cucuy first? If he's right about El Cucuy...bravo.

Yeah DireBrian made the connections to Ozzy I merely pointed out it lead to Ozzy but be a Black Sabbath maze all credit goes to DireBrian on that.

And With El Cucuy....I merely said we could get another Latin Folklore based house due to the succes of La Llorona. All credit to Jill on that one I believe though I was the one to call Evil Dead all the way back in April despite the knotts fiasco.

• Like 1

Welllllll I think we all kinda knew (or hoped, at least) Evil Dead could happen this year back in November. Walking Dead and Insidious were giveaways.

The hardest one so far is Pumpkin. If its El Coco, we got our first 100 percent year folks! If not... well, damn, we came close haha

• Like 1

An Event at a Major Theme Park back by one of The Major 3 Movie Studios, that serves Pizza Hut, Panda Express El Pollo Loco, Cinnabon, sells Souvoneir Cups that is branded with the Cokeacola logo and mock needles filled with your choice of Monster, Full Throtle, or Red Bull Energy Jello shots, and who's Maps are stamped with at least 5 different companies that SPONSER the event who have included Carls Jr., Jack In The Box, Del Taco, Cahse, Poweraid, coke zero, Full throtle, Hot Topic, Food 4 Less, Vons, ect. An event that is based off of Movie, Music and Video Games, And because they have annouced DVD and movie release dates and HHN is futured on a TV this is when people decide to go apr shit? people it's a MAJOR THEME PARK not your higschool's haunted house get over it seesh.

• Like 5

I've never heard of El Chocosauce. And I haven't been following the stories and reasoning to it's speculation here 'cause I have ADD.

Someone wanna shortly explain it to me?

El Cucuy

Mexican Boogyman, Pumpkin headed smells of it too, Kidnaps "Bad Kids" take them to his lair in a gaint bag or sack eats them. Reason for the speculation it is said to smell of pumpkin, Dr. Jimmy refrenced Hollywood getting another Latin Folklore maze, he is the other bigggest monster in mexico folklore besides La Llorona. Murdy said we have at least one non IP maze so Pumpkin is an Original maze.

• Like 1

An Event at a Major Theme Park back by one of The Major 3 Movie Studios, that serves Pizza Hut, Panda Express El Pollo Loco, Cinnabon, sells Souvoneir Cups that is branded with the Cokeacola logo and mock needles filled with your choice of Monster, Full Throtle, or Red Bull Energy Jello shots, and who's Maps are stamped with at least 5 different companies that SPONSER the event who have included Carls Jr., Jack In The Box, Del Taco, Cahse, Poweraid, coke zero, Full throtle, Hot Topic, Food 4 Less, Vons, ect. An event that is based off of Movie, Music and Video Games, And because they have annouced DVD and movie release dates and HHN is futured on a TV this is when people decide to go apr shit? people it's a MAJOR THEME PARK not your higschool's haunted house get over it seesh.

Red Bull shots you say! I gotta get me one of those!

Grind.... have you been to Six Flags lately? If not, let me inform you there are literally coaster vehicles WRAPPED in advertisements. I once went on Viper as it was wrapped with an Axe ad. I once went on Ninja wrapped in a Karate Kid poster. I once went on Colossus as it was renamed to something stupid that had to do with the Three Stooges.

Advertising needs to get under control - this is actually fairly serious.

Go to Disneyland and you'll hardly see Coca-Cola advertised. No big name brands thrown onto umbrella shades or giant posters telling you to go eat Lays. A ride might be sponsored by Chase or Honda, but you'll only see that on the sign and never see it again throughout the attraction.

Who's doing it right? Disneyland or Six Flags?

Sure Disneyland doesn't need the advertising money - and we all know they're the most money hungry people in the business. But there's a right and wrong way to do things that doesn't seem so obvious.

Universal (or HHN for that matter) is going to turn into Six Flags if they're not careful. Soon, therell literally be vendors outside of a maze as you exit it selling the DVD or advanced tickets, or a voucher telling you not to forget to tune in.

Its annoying, and masking the advertising is better than BLATANT advertising. Disneyland masks their advertising and still wracks up the money on merchandise. Exit through the gift shop is a classy tact. Not exit into the park where you'll be persuaded by more ads.

Edited by DTH316
  • Like 4

Did you really feel like Silent Hill Revelations was being shoved in your face at the park last year? I sure didn't.

Well actually, the radio spot was playing down the escalators and the trailer for the movie was playing on the wall outside the queue.

But to answer your question, personally, no. I'm just trying to make a point here lol

El Cucuy has been on the Speculation table since July...

Random thought- what was the reason Western Street isn't a SZ? Wasn't it because of the western show area? Now that that area is becoming the gardens, could western street finally come back?

Western street doesn't exist anymore. That whole area is now filled with stores, a fountain and the Universal Tower (Ticket outlet) or simply known as Universal Plaza.

No, I get you DTH. I don't want HHN to become a total ad-fest either. Just as long as I don't see banners all over the place and ads messing up the mazes I don't think I'll mind it so much. I didn't notice the radio spot on the escalator last year, just the usual hijinks.

I'm curious to see how these themed scare zones will be. Will there be a poster advertising the dvd's, or will they just be on the map or something? Should be interesting to see.

Grindhousehero13, on 30 Jul 2013 - 22:36, said:snapback.png

Yes, that was brought up a few dozen times.

Grindhousehero13, on 30 Jul 2013 - 22:45, said:snapback.png

That's actually what Orlando is doing this year...so maybe not this year. But the idea is pretty awesome and Murdy needs to do it eventually.

Maybe it's just me, but the way you phrased that makes it seem like July was, like, FOREVER ago instead of two weeks and some change. Lol But you're right Zero (and Ferox too; MY APOLOGIES BACK AT YOU!) Grind was first to mention El Cucuy. (Sorry Grind!) Didn't mean to not give credit where credit's due, I just didn't remember the mention. Probably because I came to El Cuco by searches based upon these criteria:

1. G Del Toro
  2. G Del Toro's interests (Latin lore, legends and fantasy, esp. involving children / lost children)
  3. Pumpkin smell

And then Google said, "Hey lady... I think this is the guy you're looking for - El Cuco. Check him out..."

Seriously.

:P

• Like 2

I mean't like on other Facebook groups for HHN have been speculating on El Cucuy for a while now. Late June/Early July. Since we knew Orlando was doing La Llorona they figured they would do another Mexican legend in Hollywood and Freak pointed out El Cucuy wearing a Pumpkin on his head.