Halloween Horror Nights (Hollywood) 2013 Speculation/Predictions

Oh my goodness! I get to re-live 2009, Harry Warden is returning...this will be awes.....wait a second it is Black Sabbath. Hee Hee!

From the description, it looks to be a unique and fairly original attraction. Even though the most popular songs by Sabbath are sung by Ozzy, my hope is that Murdy and crew throw in a Ronnie James Dio cut. My concern is that it is an overblown commercial for 13.

Edit: will post on topic on the right thread...the site has been on the fritz for the past few hours.

Edited by AsylumSB

I was always all for a Black Sabbath maze, it's Ozzy "guys guys he did a song about a werewolf he's totally scary guys" Osbourne that I called BS on. Pun intended. I am still all for this maze, and my stance has always been "Black Sabbath would be cool, solo Ozzy wouldn't make sense."

Are we going to start calling this maze BS13? I hope not. How about just 13?

And for anybody who's still wondering Murdy said only one Rockstar maze is on the table this year so NO Alice Cooper.

He had a good run...well who knows if he'll be back in 2014. He's back! The Man behind the Mask! (no no don't like Cooper vs. Jason become a thing.)

Edited by ferox
  • Like 1

I was always all for a Black Sabbath maze, it's Ozzy "guys guys he did a song about a werewolf he's totally scary guys" Osbourne that I called BS on. Pun intended. I am still all for this maze.

Are we going to start calling this maze BS13? I hope not. How about just 13?

He had a good run...well who knows if he'll be back in 2014. He's back! The Man behind the Mask! (no no don't like Cooper vs. Jason become a thing.)

I still dont remember anybody talking about werewolf Ozzy and Im for just call ing it 13:3D or we are gonna be dealing with BullS**T jokes for a while.

BTW Cooper Vs Jason new maze for 2014

Hmm... Funny, I saw a lot of negative comments about the possibility of Ozzy and Co. making it to HHN, but now that Murdy has said it... things seemed to have quited down.

Well, maybe that's because some of us are too busy dining on crows to talk bad about the maze. haha

In all honesty, I'm really stoked for this maze.
In Murdy's words...

"OK...have just a few minutes before I have to rejoin a meeting but wanted to share some more info about our new maze Black Sabbath 13 3D.. Aside from being the band that pretty much invented heavy metal, Sabbath's music has always been a warning to the world... A warning on the dangers of the occult, addiction, the horrors of war and nuclear apocalypse, this dark subject matter inspired the maze... This is an original maze based on those subjects, Chris and I drew our inspiration for each scene from the band's lyrics...so what will see? I mentioned 4 time periods...you'll journey through a Gothic Church, Victorian madhouses, WWI trenches and the Nevada proving grounds... What's the Nevada proving grounds? That's where the government tested nuclear bombs in the 1950's...so yeah, we're gonna nuke your ass! LOL

What won't you see? Characters designed to look like the band. All the characters in the maze are designed around the songs/themes... Gotta go chat with a celeb about a maze we have yet to release, will be back later to tell you a little more about Black Sabbath 13 3D...

Here's some more info on Black Sabbath 13 3D, this maze will be exclusive to HHN at USH...have to come to Hollywood to see it... Obviously Black Sabbath is a 3D maze, we're gonna continue to push what we do with 3D, now taking it to the characters make up, etc. This maze will also feature our first attempt at using performer triggered video, something new we haven't done before. Trying it in 1 scene. The title is, of course, a reference to the new Black Sabbath album "13" which debuted at #1 (first ever #1 for Sabbath in the USA) The new album also debuted at #1 all over the world, the band is touring right now (I hung with them in Austin Texas), they will be in LA!!! For information on the new album and tour, check out http://www.blacksabbath.com/ The new album rocks! Classic Sabbath!

Now I have to go scout a film shoot, will be back later to reveal how all the hints I dropped earlier in the year = Black Sabbath 13 3D! Oh and by the way...this is the only maze themed to a rock act in 2013. Thought you might be wondering about that. Mystery solved : ) #carny"

Tell me that doesn't sound great.

My guess is that the 3D video portion is the Nevada Bomb Testing site

Edited by DireBrian
  • Like 1

4000th post!

Anyway, after almost 4 hours of trying to get on the damn site, i can finally chime in.

Black Sabbath: 13 3D.

Right away, I even hate the name of this maze. With an entire career of Sabbath and Ozzy, they could've done better than their latest album's boring title.

3D mazes generally just aren't scary. So if it being another rocker based maze wasn't enough, they throw that on top. However, Murdy is throwing in a video based scare (only ONE though) which is something I thought they would do way back with HOTC so I'm glad HHN is going further with their craft.

The music based mazes have all failed, imho, so I'm not all that enthused about this maze at all. Alice Cooper and UMR were let downs and even if you want to include RZ in this discussion (which we shouldn't since his maze was based on a movie), I even thought that maze sucked. So that's where I'm coming from with that: 3-4 mazes have kinda ruined any excitement that could come from this maze, for me.

Now, Black Sabbath I like more than Alice Cooper just in general, BUT i feel like they're even LESS of a fit for a maze. There ain't a damn thing scary about them, and trying to make their music scary or fitting scenes to them is just like - what's the point? There's thousands of horror properties (actually scary albums, books, movies, shows), original ideas, locations to be based off of and it makes me feel like - this is the best idea you could come up with to fill a maze slot? Granted, there are worse things, but cmon. At least none of the scareactors will be made up to look like Ozzy Osbourne - that's one of the things I freakin hated about AC's mazes.

I look forward to their newest foray into 3D to see if they can finally make it scary, the 50s nuke scene (I've always wanted to go into one of those in real life after seeing scenes of them in Hills Have Eyes and Indy 4, so this might even be cooler), the hopefully much darker tone, the venue it'll be placed in, the video scare in 3D, and um... that's it.

I have more to say but I gotta go now haha

As for the event itself, its shaping up decently. With Insidious possibly involved, I think I can forgive Black Sabbath.

And may I add, they could've posted the entire damn picture even with the 13 logo and nobody would've guessed it right lol that was freakin pointless to try and tease, especially with the suggested mazes (Sleepy Hollow and Predator) which sounded way better.

Plus the image gives me flashbacks of MBV...

Something tells me this'll be recycle city of every HHN prop ever.

• Like 2

So now we got Pumpkin and Rock Icon besides HOH to go over to be honest this line up so far is actualy pretty Legit so far but I can shake this feeling of Darth Maul behind me -___-

4000th post!

Anyway, after almost 4 hours of trying to get on the damn site, i can finally chime in.

I look forward to their newest foray into 3D to see if they can finally make it scary, the 50s nuke scene (I've always wanted to go into one of those in real life after seeing scenes of them in Hills Have Eyes and Indy 4, so this might even be cooler), the hopefully much darker tone, the venue it'll be placed in, the video scare in 3D, and um... that's it.

seriousily think this is the first time Hollywood has shut down the forum lol

but Im glad Im not the only one thinking of Indy inside of a Fridge when this was announced lol.

10 bucks says the scareactor jumps out of the fridge!

Anyway, HOH is UMR 2. Pretty obvious from our Invisible Man winner as Sabbath apparently has nothing to do with Universal monsters.

Pumpkin has a celeb helping out. I'm willing to guarantee its Guillermo Del Toro... or perhaps the return of Diego Luna. So... latin based maze? Hmmmm

• Like 1

Looks like a few people are still confused about the difference between Ozzy and Black Sabbath. You would think that music fans would be able to notice the difference in tone and production. Or lyrical themes, since Ozzy didn't write most of Black Sabbath's lyrics.

Have you heard the songs "Diary of a mad man" or "Bark at the moon"? Also, "Mr. Crowley" would make a sick church scene.

If you are Black Sabbath fans you should know that there is a world of difference between how Sabbath sounded and what they sang about and Ozzy's solo career. Black Sabbath is much more than Ozzy. Iommi wrote those haunting riffs we're going to hear and Butler wrote most of the lyrics. Saying that Ozzy=Black Sabbath is ignoring the contributions of two amazing musicians and being oblivious as to why Black Sabbath is such an important band. That's why they are called the pioneers of doom metal. Ozzy's solo career mostly went along with the trends of ultra produced and peppy rock and roll anthems. If you are going to enjoy the maze, I really suggest paying attention to what Black Sabbath was and is all about, because there's very little overlap with Ozzy's solo career if you take more than a very casual overlook. Why do you think the new Black Sabbath album got that much more attention than anything Ozzy solo has put out recently?

Sorry for ranting, but I take metal seriously. Don't act like you prove the people who said Ozzy is too goofy to be a maze wrong when Black Sabbath ending up being the answer, unless you like wallowing in ignorance.

Edited by ferox
  • Like 1

Anyway, HOH is UMR 2. Pretty obvious from our Invisible Man winner as Sabbath apparently has nothing to do with Universal monsters.

Pumpkin has a celeb helping out. I'm willing to guarantee its Guillermo Del Toro... or perhaps the return of Diego Luna. So... latin based maze? Hmmmm

if that happenes my life will be complete!!!

Im gonna put my money on another Latino based original house. Since he said helping out!

invisible man could always be for a UMR scarezone...

I don't think the UMR scarezone will happen. Remember, he already had one idea for a wacky scarezone but it got shut down.

What else is there to do with the HOH anyway and for Figure to do? Unless he's gonna like... "compose a score" for the whole park 0_0 God help us all.