Halloween Horror Nights (Hollywood) 2013 Speculation/Predictions

A few logistical questions/thoughts:

If TT is in its normal spot how will you access the maze at NY street on the backlot? They will not let the GP have that much access to the backlot or expect them to walk that far. Will they offer a King Kong express type tram separate from TT? Where would this load from?

Might that big tent off NY street house 2 mazes?

Any updates or new sightings at the soundstage next to Transformers (28 I believe)?

Last point, I think it is safe to assume there will be no version of the frequent fear pass offered this year.

Looks like a few people are still confused about the difference between Ozzy and Black Sabbath. You would think that music fans would be able to notice the difference in tone and production. Or lyrical themes, since Ozzy didn't write most of Black Sabbath's lyrics.

If you are Black Sabbath fans you should know that there is a world of difference between how Sabbath sounded and what they sang about and Ozzy's solo career. Black Sabbath is much more than Ozzy. Iommi wrote those haunting riffs we're going to hear and Butler wrote most of the lyrics. Saying that Ozzy=Black Sabbath is ignoring the contributions of two amazing musicians and being oblivious as to why Black Sabbath is such an important band. That's why they are called the pioneers of doom metal. Ozzy's solo career mostly went along with the trends of ultra produced and peppy rock and roll anthems. If you are going to enjoy the maze, I really suggest paying attention to what Black Sabbath was and is all about, because there's very little overlap with Ozzy's solo career if you take more than a very casual overlook. Why do you think the new Black Sabbath album got that much more attention than anything Ozzy solo has put out recently?

Sorry for ranting, but I take metal seriously. Don't act like you prove the people who said Ozzy is too goofy to be a maze wrong when Black Sabbath ending up being the answer, unless you like wallowing in ignorance.

Hey kid, My math was closer than yours.

Besides, I never said I was a Black Sabbath fan. I just said I cracked the code and was stoked about the results.

Think you take a few more things than your metal too seriously ;)

so i came across this earlier...take a look at the comments

http://www.ign.com/articles/2011/10/31/the-walking-dead-vs-american-horror-story

There are other places where TWD has a higher count, and I understand that TWD is still more popular. When i looked this up, most said TWD was better overall, but when it came to actual scaryness AHS won. Just putting this out there...

Edited by Ridesandstuff

so i came across this earlier...take a look at the comments

http://www.ign.com/articles/2011/10/31/the-walking-dead-vs-american-horror-story

i understand that TWD is still more popular. I'm just putting this out there

I'm definitely a bigger fan of AHS. It's always fresh each season because it's always different. I really enjoyed the first season of TWD, 2nd season seemed like problems were just way drawn out and then forgotten, then all of the sudden the problem is randomly solved (Carol's daughter). I just stopped watching midway through season three because I found the characters very annoying. I never stick with tv shows very long unless their different every episode or season (South Park and AHS). Shows that last way to long on the same concept is like a movie franchise that is just completely overdone to death. Just my 2 cents.

I like both shows, but AHS interests me a lot more. I don't think Ryan Murphy would have a problem with both shows being at the event, he even said TWD was one of his favorite shows a while back. Not to mention that they're both shown on the same channels in other countries due to a deal between AMC and FOX (besides here of course).

Because it was asked earlier, Murdy confirmed via twitter that TWD is the main marketing point. Hope they have tons of Evil Dead merchandise though.

I hope so too I love me some Mia

I don't think it was that reason Murdy dumped the idea I think it was because it's not as populer as TWD plus IMO if we droped RE for WD, and CITW for ED, then it was probably droped for Insidous.

• Like 1

I'm a horror fan. Horror comes in many forms.

Well if you aren't familiar enough with Sabbath to see the difference between their work and Ozzy's career, read up before the maze. I'm not being snarky, there's a world of difference of tone and subject matter between their output and why they were so important and Ozzy's solo career. You'll have a much greater understanding and appreciation if you do. The reasons why Ozzy spec didn't pan out are the reasons why this maze is going to be amazing. Murdy said that although he thought GTH looked cool, it wasn't very scary. I think everyone here would agree. When asked about certain Cooper songs, he felt they didn't have a hard edge that was needed for horror. Like Ozzy's solo career. It didn't match up with Murdy and Chris' wishes to make a 3D maze that can rise above the comedy/fun/silly maze stigma attached to a 3D maze. Even Ozzy's horror songs were more upbeat and fun than scary or foreboding. I dig fun spooky music myself (mostly 50s/60s garage rock Halloween comps) but as far as hard scares, it doesn't invoke the right kinda mood.

However, what we getting is a Black Sabbath maze. The things they sang about make for a darker and much more disturbing maze. The music is meant to be dark. It's a message of doom instead of something peppy/fun. I'm not trying to insult Ozzy by saying his music has a mostly celebetory or joyous vibe, as I think he was going for. But yeah, we're going to see the amazing 3D technology but it's actually going to be...well scary. The fact that it's Sabbath and not Ozzy tells us that even though it's a 3D maze and based on music, we're actually in for a treat this time around. To me, this decision shows Murdy learning from his missteps and making the event better. At the base level, it's a cool 3D maze that wants to actually scare us. As far as big picture goes, it shows a positive change in the event. The same year that Murdy is going to try to make the TT actually resemble the property it was based on (as opposed to the generic zombie hike last year) and we might even get a freaking soundstage. Obviously some choices made this year I'm bummed about, but there's some really cool changes going on.

I hope so too I love me some Mia

I don't think it was that reason Murdy dumped the idea I think it was because it's not as populer as TWD plus IMO if we droped RE for WD, and CITW for ED, then it was probably droped for Insidous.

it was kind of both based on his tweets. He said TV is competative so he had to choose one which was TWD for obvious reasons. I'm still excited for this year even TWD, but i just hope AHS comes next year. (sorry if my posts about AHS are annoying lol i cant help it)

Anyways, about Pumpkin, I'm starting to think that the main setting is a movie theatre. With the whole fake film and popcorn scent thing. Maybe some type of crazy event happens on Halloween (trying to tie in the pumpkin scent) at the theatre?

• Like 2

That would definitely make for a cool maze and it would fit the clues. When I think of it I think of sort of classic Halloween with jack'o'lanterns which would match the pumpkin scent, and possibly going through a house with a fake b rated horror movie on a television. Also didn't Murdy do the whole news anchor thing for Pumpkin? The movie with the fake movie could switch over to a news station. Honestly, I'm not a creative person so I'm just throwing crap out there.

Now that I think of it didn't Knotts just do classic Halloween? In which case nevermind.

Edited by TeenagerFromMars

I'm pretty sure Evil Dead will be maze of the year, and one of the best mazes HHN has ever done. It has all the elements in play for that to happen, plus with Murdy going all John Hammond with his "we spared no expenses" on it. Murdy's a huge fan of the franchise, the new movie had the serious tone that works for a very scary maze (07/08's TCM, 2010's F13), and I don't think Raimi or Campbell will let it be anything less than amazing. With some new effects we haven't seen before and a property that's been a dream for years, its only option is to succeed.

Yeah so expect ticket prices to increase as usual.

looks like Murdy was pist off about the Evil Dead leak.

How could he not be?

Clever move by Murdy putting Trickster before Rock Icon. Throughout the year he gave a few dozen hints that would suggest Alice Cooper in Wonderland. Obviously we learned that it's not going to happen. Throughout the year he also gave a few dozen hints that lead to Insidious. He figures if he made a bunch of red herrings, we would assume the Insidious hints were also red herrings.

have the prices really increased that much over the years? hasn't it stayed at 50-60$ for a while?

It was $36 when I first started going, in '09. I think it was $46 the next year. And that $10 actually makes a difference. o.o Especially since those are beginning dates and they only get higher the later in the month.

Also 'cause I don't have a job or income at all. :D

have the prices really increased that much over the years? hasn't it stayed at 50-60$ for a while?

No last year general admission was 66.99

And the year before that it was 61.99 I believe?

And when I went in 2009 my sister said they were 49-53? I think but I'm just saying the go up like 5$ each year it not a lot but multiply by 7477368292 people

You see I told you the prices have. Increased so based on the history the general admission might be around 70$ this year .