Halloween Horror Nights (Hollywood) 2013 Speculation/Predictions

Is anyone actually shelling out $25 for this "scare LA" convention? I'll wait for the maze announcement online, instead.

I'm going to ScareLA. Actually paid $13 a ticket on goldstar and cannot wait. So worth it. Not only going for Murdy (although that was a big reason for me to go) but just because we love halloween in general!

Edited by blthomas09
  • Like 2

...and I REALLY liked my maze idea but I thought Chris' idea was BETTER/SCARIER. That's how we work. Whoever has the better idea wins...

Well I hope it is better and scary. I wish Murdy could tell us what his shelved idea(s) were. I get why he can't, but I wish I could get the process.

I like Granpa Alice I can deal with Crazy Uncle Ozzy but I can not stand Gene Simons and if Ozzy is only dipping his feet in the horror pool KISS is way off the road to be considered Horror.

Hey hey hey. Ozzy is older than Alice! He would be crazy GREAT uncle Ozzy.

Agreed with you RE: levels of horror relevance though.

• Like 1

cateric2.jpg

As much as I would love to see a house finally dedicated to the gay community, Kiss: Haunted Bathhouse doesn't really appeal to me.

---

Fan: so is this an original maze or is it still based off a movie/tv show/

What I think is original and what the fans think is original tends to be two different things...

Murdy just confirmed AHS is not coming this year.

When asked about having more than one TV show, he said TV is competitive so it's hard to have more than one TV show represented at the event per year.

1. @HorrorNights @DrewskiBoom (And I hope you evolve into having *two* mazes based on TV shows this year)

2. @JoshtopusRex @DrewskiBoom I'll tell you right now that's not gonna happen and I'll tell you why...its pretty simple really...

• Like 1

If their is ever gonna be a maze to have a threepeat in consecutive years it will be walking dead. Unless we do get Alice this year.

Also scare LA is at the convention center in downtown correct? And where could I purchase tickets?

If their is ever gonna be a maze to have a threepeat in consecutive years it will be walking dead. Unless we do get Alice this year.

Also scare LA is at the convention center in downtown correct? And where could I purchase tickets?

ScareLA is not at convention center. It is being held at LA Mart. You can still buy tickets for cheaper at goldstar http://www.goldstar.com/events/los-angeles-ca/scarela or the scareLA website

I'm still so heartbroken that no AHS this year :(

I guess I'm one of the few that know about the show and am a big fan.

Keeping it positive though , if it would come I wouldn't be a fan anymore like TWD , HHN overhyped it so much and I expected so much more from the season.

But we'll see what we get from here, I still have hope for Insidious , the only maze in the line up I'll probably like (:

Hey, I've followed this forum for a long time now so I decided to create an account finally. I'm suck at the whole researching the codenames, but I thought I'd give it a shot. Since a lot of people are believing "Trickster" may be music based I thought I would try to link it to a band that is very horror based, The Misfits.

The Misfits have many songs that could relate to the time zones given, such as Earth AD for medieval times and Return of the fly for the 50's. Glenn Danzig's lyrics are very dark so that would be able to connect to the "Very Dark" subject matter. I don't know when Murdy went to elementary school so I can't link that to anything. In the song Halloween, they talk about apples with razor blades in them which would make sense for a dark holiday tradition sense back people would give trick 'r' treaters apples with razor blades in them. The song London Dungeon takes place in London, England which is also the name of a city in Ohio. And as for the Johnny Cash connection, in 1994 Glenn Danzig wrote the song "Thirteen" for Johnny Cash to use.

• Like 1

I'm still so heartbroken that no AHS this year :(

I guess I'm one of the few that know about the show and am a big fan.

Keeping it positive though , if it would come I wouldn't be a fan anymore like TWD , HHN overhyped it so much and I expected so much more from the season.

But we'll see what we get from here, I still have hope for Insidious , the only maze in the line up I'll probably like (:

I believe there are a lot more folks out here who enjoy American Horror Story (myself included); the two seasons so far have been great. Sure, I am a bit disappointed that we couldn't have two great horror TV properties but business (or politics) is business. Don't fret about the mazes. Outside of their lackluster attempt for a Scream attraction, the properties have been top notch. And we should all plan for an intervention for Grindhouse once the Insidious maze is announced! Booya! :zombie:

• Like 1

Hey, I've followed this forum for a long time now so I decided to create an account finally. I'm suck at the whole researching the codenames, but I thought I'd give it a shot. Since a lot of people are believing "Trickster" may be music based I thought I would try to link it to a band that is very horror based, The Misfits.

Sorry bud, but I stopped reading the moment I read "the Misfits" since that's never gonna happen and don't have anywhere near the popularity to be included in the event. Welcome to the boards though.

I believe there are a lot more folks out here who enjoy American Horror Story (myself included); the two seasons so far have been great. Sure, I am a bit disappointed that we couldn't have two great horror TV properties but business (or politics) is business. Don't fret about the mazes. Outside of their lackluster attempt for a Scream attraction, the properties have been top notch. And we should all plan for an intervention for Grindhouse once the Insidious maze is announced! Booya! :zombie:

Ahh yes! Maybe next year for sure! I'm 100% :Coven will be amazing and I'm sure HHN wouldn't want TWD for a Third year.

Sorry bud, but I stopped reading the moment I read "the Misfits" since that's never gonna happen and don't have anywhere near the popularity to be included in the event. Welcome to the boards though.

Thought it was worth a try, just probably trying to force something from a huge fan. Thanks for the welcome!

Ahh yes! Maybe next year for sure! I'm 100% :Coven will be amazing and I'm sure HHN wouldn't want TWD for a Third year.

Hopefully. I don't think Ryan Murphy would have a problem with TWD at the event since he was all amazed by it and was what inspired him to do AHS, also FX brodcast TWD as well as AHS in other places...we'll see next year.

I think its safe to say Resident Evil and American Horror Story were SHAFTED this year in one swoop for something we've already had. Two mazes instead of ONE popular one would be better for "variety" which is supposedly held so high on a pedestal.

Put "would you rather have AHS and RE or just TWD" on a survey and I bet you the first will peg more results. New, more, and variety is always better and would've made a more full and satisfying event.

Murdy defends his choice by arguing "3 million vs. 11 million viewers... which would you choose?"

Let's rephrase that...

"3 million viewers for AHS... AND 50 million game units sold plus a film franchise of a worldwide gross of 600 million vs. 11 million viewers"

Yeah. You sound silly.

Edited by DTH316
  • Like 2