Halloween Horror Nights (Hollywood) 2013 Speculation/Predictions

the General admission has always been between $50 and $60 roughly last year they went up 6 bucks, I think you guys are confusing the discount prices. Which is always from 25 to 5 dollors less then GA.

2009 I payed $55 for a saturday I believe I remember cuz this was when I started working and my whole first check went to the ticket.

At least its worth its price. I can't say the same for other haunts with 3 - 6 measily mazes but no shows, no intricate scare zones, no rides and/or no Terror Tram but its still the same price or close to the same anyway.

In Vegas, Goretorium was 30 bucks for ONE maze that's advertised as only being 10 mins. I don't care if its scarier than TCM, you'll never get me to pay that much for such lunacy.

• Like 1

Hey iv been reading on this site for many years but just created an account so hello everyone! Anyways.. I was wondering if anyone could make a map of the park noting where we all think this years mazes will be located including the sound stage and new York street area and the tram route or possible new route.

If it's too much to ask that's fine I just thought it would be a good reference to a lot of the speculation for locations and TWD TT maze combo

Im gonna take a shot at making my own map using google maps screen shots and park maps from the brochures

• Like 1

Well if you aren't familiar enough with Sabbath to see the difference between their work and Ozzy's career, read up before the maze. I'm not being snarky, there's a world of difference of tone and subject matter between their output and why they were so important and Ozzy's solo career. You'll have a much greater understanding and appreciation if you do. The reasons why Ozzy spec didn't pan out are the reasons why this maze is going to be amazing. Murdy said that although he thought GTH looked cool, it wasn't very scary. I think everyone here would agree. When asked about certain Cooper songs, he felt they didn't have a hard edge that was needed for horror. Like Ozzy's solo career. It didn't match up with Murdy and Chris' wishes to make a 3D maze that can rise above the comedy/fun/silly maze stigma attached to a 3D maze. Even Ozzy's horror songs were more upbeat and fun than scary or foreboding. I dig fun spooky music myself (mostly 50s/60s garage rock Halloween comps) but as far as hard scares, it doesn't invoke the right kinda mood.

However, what we getting is a Black Sabbath maze. The things they sang about make for a darker and much more disturbing maze. The music is meant to be dark. It's a message of doom instead of something peppy/fun. I'm not trying to insult Ozzy by saying his music has a mostly celebetory or joyous vibe, as I think he was going for. But yeah, we're going to see the amazing 3D technology but it's actually going to be...well scary. The fact that it's Sabbath and not Ozzy tells us that even though it's a 3D maze and based on music, we're actually in for a treat this time around. To me, this decision shows Murdy learning from his missteps and making the event better. At the base level, it's a cool 3D maze that wants to actually scare us. As far as big picture goes, it shows a positive change in the event. The same year that Murdy is going to try to make the TT actually resemble the property it was based on (as opposed to the generic zombie hike last year) and we might even get a freaking soundstage. Obviously some choices made this year I'm bummed about, but there's some really cool changes going on.

Bud, it's speculation and my speculation led me to Ozzy. And partially, I was right in saying that. I laid out my reasoning as to how I got there as well. I get the difference between the two, but bare in mind the 1981 clue lead me to Diary of a Mad Man. This was while most of you were still trying to validate a Cooper return. I get that there's a difference in "tone" between the two, but my own speculating got me about 98% there. And I'd still be down for an Ozzy central maze as well. But this was all in the codes.

Post Trickster reveal, I tweeted back to Murdy about the some of the clues, including an invite and link to read my (totally incorrect, but dammit it all fits!) analysis in this thread. Here's the more interesting exchanges:

Murdy: I also said something about this maze reminds me of a holiday tradition. That would be a NATIVITY scene...as in NATIVITY IN BLACK...
Me: @HorrorNights "... I think of a holiday tradition, albeit a dark one." Bad hint, Murdy! Bad Hint!!
Me: @HorrorNights Coulda phrased more like, "dark take on holiday tradition.." and saved me hours researching traditions with "dark" roots...
Me: @HorrorNights like this: I discovered that origin legend for kissing under the mistletoe involves the death of a Norse god named Baldur
Murdy: @Midtowngirl916 Well think of how you've now enriched your life with that knowledge. I didn't know that legend.
Me: @HorrorNights , who was killed by a dart made of mistletoe. Who flung the dart? Baldur's bro, Loki, the TRICKSTER God. Arghhh....
Murdy: @Midtowngirl916 I follow your logic with Loki. I studied Nordic Mythology when I was an exchange student in Europe many moons ago
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Me: @HorrorNights What of the cryptic tweets about 2 flights, viewing devices, and posting in Swedish? How do they fit?
Murdy: @Midtowngirl916 it was 2 flights in 1 day, 1 there 1 back, viewing devices = 3D glasses. Swedish was a red herring

And this is kind of funny considering my comments about KISS here:

Hey iv been reading on this site for many years but just created an account so hello everyone! Anyways.. I was wondering if anyone could make a map of the park noting where we all think this years mazes will be located including the sound stage and new York street area and the tram route or possible new route.
If it's too much to ask that's fine I just thought it would be a good reference to a lot of the speculation for locations and TWD TT maze combo

Im gonna take a shot at making my own map using google maps screen shots and park maps from the brochures

Welcome and grats on the jump from "lurker" to contributor, and great first contribution to the discussion!

• Like 1

20hvs5h.jpg Here's an image of new York street and surounding areas

Thought this was a great idea, so I create a new, public "my map" in google and opened it up for collaboration.

I've shared a map with you called HHN 2013 Speculation:
http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF&msa=0&msid=201705594458971612165.0004e35f5cb534c3d06f4
oops link broke - try this
You should be able to add yourself, if not, lemme know. =)

Bud, it's speculation and my speculation led me to Ozzy. And partially, I was right in saying that. I laid out my reasoning as to how I got there as well. I get the difference between the two, but bare in mind the 1981 clue lead me to Diary of a Mad Man. This was while most of you were still trying to validate a Cooper return. I get that there's a difference in "tone" between the two, but my own speculating got me about 98% there. And I'd still be down for an Ozzy central maze as well. But this was all in the codes.

Personally, I was never trying to validate a Cooper return. Hell, I was hoping that there wouldn't be one and when Trev said that we shouldn't expect it I was stoked about that. As far as "there's going to be another band" you were right, but you were way off as far as cracking the code. All of the songs/albums/themes connected to Trickster were something entirely different than you assumed and from a different property. Ozzy was already on the survey. The magnets that were thought to mean Diary of a Madman and Bark at the Moon didn't mean anything. A lot of people (myself included) connected Trickster to things that didn't come to fruition, but nobody else claimed victory after getting the wrong property and being wrong about every hint/code they decoded.

I think it was Grindhouse who first said it could be Black Sabbath since "Ozzy" was on the survey but not Black Sabbath. I agreed since Black Sabbath is actively on tour/promoting on album.

---

Murdy confirms that the backlot is something RIP related. A construction update spotted the snake prop from GTH in the fenced off area by the maze. I know USH reuses props, but a neon bright snake would seem out of place for...anything. Is the area that now looks to be just holding construction materials actually part of the new RIP area? Maybe part of the new experience is hanging out in the backlot with a collection of famous HHN props? Could be a nice addition to the experience.

Thought I would just throw this out there.... got confirmation from the "Murd-man" via twitter that its looking like the Frequent Fear passes are coming back... can I get a hell yeah??? I can't wait. Love having the options of really getting to experience HHN over and over again!

• Like 1

I believe he said Klownz will return, but he also said new theme for the front. So still expect Klownz SOOOOOMEWHERE.

Fright Dome now has 6 mazes and one of them is an ALONE maze. The hell? Cmon HHN, step it up a bit. The lack of an overcharge/extreme/dark maze is now putting you behind the game when even freakin Fright Dome and Fright Fest have one. I've always been against it but reputation is everything.

Edited by DTH316

Well its about time the Klownz go back to Hell. So what might be there now. My guess would be something to do with the Classic Monsters or maybe a scarezone on the Purge, that would be interesting but what would be better? A scarezone ste were the Go-Go's are Deadites and a part of the Necronomicon is read out loud during the Opening Scaremomey. How Beast would that be!

• Like 2

Well its about time the Klownz go back to Hell. So what might be there now. My guess would be something to do with the Classic Monsters or maybe a scarezone on the Purge, that would be interesting but what would be better? A scarezone ste were the Go-Go's are Deadites and a part of the Necronomicon is read out loud during the Opening Scaremomey. How Beast would that be!

That would be so badass in so many ways.

I wonder if we will even get a scare zone on the lower lot. If there is just more than 2 mazes down there it's gonna be sooo crowded. I could be wrong but didn't they even pull the silent hill scare zone some nights cause it got too crowded?

no they moved it to the Silent Hill maze exit and in front of Transformers halfway through October my guess because the nurses were not that effective out in the open.

I could see Deadites. It's a big property this year and Deadites are known to carry loud things that scare people. Deadites can charge at a crowd.

I couldn't see UCM in the front. Judging by the video, there was roughly 15-17 scareactors out front last year who could logically charge at a crowd.

Dracula, The Mummy, Frankenstein, Bride of Frankenstein, Gillman, Invisible Man, The Phantom, Most of these were parodied by Universal with the Abbot and Costello movies and/or The Munsters, which were both Universal properties. Frankenstein and Dracula take pictures with guests year round. The current studio tour safety video has clips from Bride of Frankenstein played for laughs. Not even Universal thinks that they are scary, and they haven't since the late 50s. It makes the Scream/Scary movie issue seem tame. Even as a fan of the source material, the monsters are a source of more empathy than frights. The base of the story a tragic character who wants somebody to love or just to be accepted by a society that has shunned them.

Has anyone here seen Nightmares in Red White and Blue? It's a great documentary about the American horror tradition, great analysis of the tragic nature of the UCM and the culture that spawned them. A must see for any fan. I believe it is still streaming on Netflix.

no they moved it to the Silent Hill maze exit and in front of Transformers halfway through October my guess because the nurses were not that effective out in the open.

As great as the scareactors were, that's a LOT of open space to cover and still be scary.

• Like 1