Halloween Horror Nights (Hollywood) 2013 Speculation/Predictions

That sounds to me like a new route. Murdy usually says "an all new terror tram" but this time its like he purposly described it in new words. Fully reimagined! Fully! If it was just new cuz its season 3 based that would just be false advertising lol

• Like 1

Fully reimagined not just reimagined. That means completely

Yeah.. Kinda like the first two seasons fully reimagined. Means, shown differently, but still basically the same thing.

It won't be that anyway, so it doesn't matter to me. I just hope it doesn't feel like another zombie terror tram, but decorations and zombies are placed/looked differently. But then again, what else could they do? Hope something stands out..

I have heard nothing about a new route.

Maybe as a maze but the concept does not lend it to a SZ, because The Threat was just normal people rioting in the streets, and then a home invasion if I recall the movie the only people who wore masks were that group who were after the homeless dude. who INVADED the HOUSE. So in theory a SZ on New York Street would be just people going ape shit, it would be like making a SZ out of the LA Riots, there is relay no substance outside of the home invasion angle. Plus as I said only the main villains wore masks the ones inside the house and I believe there was like what? 5 of them? and everybody outside were just normal people letting off steam how would you tell the difference between a Actor and some dude trying to pick a fight?

There is no evidence in the movie that other people celebrating Purge Night don't dress up in costume. Besides, when has HHN NOT taken some creative license? If there is a Purge SZ, Im sure the characters will be dressed like the home invaders.

• Like 1

All I know is, they made The Strangers work as a scarezone, and then placed them in the HOH which is a completley different envirnment from their own in the movie.

Gotta remember, this is Universal and they do as they please with their properties whether it makes sense or not. Certain liberties can be taken.

was not that just Man in the mask, Doll face, and Pin up girl walking around to keep kids from smoking weed and making out in dark corners?

Murdy has already said the route is the same. Well If it's new how would it be false advertising?

IDK it would just seem so blan to me.

Been doing a little "googling", working on Pumpkin (what little there is to go on), and based on the widely shared speculations;

1. It will be an original maze (no IP attached), and;
  2. Involvement this year by Guillermo Del Toro;

I offer the following original maze:

El Cuco

viejodelsaco.jpg

El Coco, or el Cuco

Though perhaps the story itself originated in Almería, Spain, El Hombre del Saco is well known throughout Latin America, as there are many versions of the tale. According to a Spanish legend, Francisco Ortega, aka el Moruno, was a man sick with tuberculosis at the beginning of the XXth century. He was desperately looking for a cure for the disease, so he sought help from a Curandera. She told him he would be cured by drinking the blood of children and rubbing his fat on his chest. And so, el Moruno kidnapped a 7-year old boy,Bernardo, in a cloth bag, to slit his underarm and drink his blood. El Cuco is known for walking up and down the streets at night with a black bag, scouting for those children who roam the streets or misbehave. There’s that “Duermete niño, duermete ya; que viene el cuco, y te comerá!” that many of you may or may not have heard as kids. Oh also, in espanglish zones such as some border regions of Mexico he is known as El Sacomán. Way to modernize El Cuco, that’s better than any DJ name.

(from http://www.remezcla.com/2012/latin/top-5-latino-halloween-legends-and-monsters/ )

El Coco/Cuco[edit source | editbeta]
Main article: Cuco

El Coco (also El Cuco and Cucuy, sometimes called El Bolo) is a monster common to many Spanish-speaking countries.

In Spain, parents will sing lullabies or tell rhymes to children, warning them that if they do not sleep, El Coco will come and get them. The rhyme originated in the 17th century has evolved over the years, but still retains its original meaning. Coconuts (Spanish: coco) received that name because their brownish hairy surface reminded Portuguese explorers of coco, a ghost with a pumpkin head. Latin America also has El Coco, although its folklore is usually quite different, commonly mixed with native beliefs, and, because of cultural contacts, sometimes more related to the bogeyman of the United States. However, the term El Coco is also used in Spanish-speaking Latin American countries, such as Bolivia, Colombia, Peru, Mexico, El Salvador, the Dominican Republic and Uruguay, although there it is more usually called El Cuco, as in Puerto Rico, Chile and Argentina. In Mexico and among Mexican-Americans, El Cucuy is portrayed as an evil monster that hides under children's bed at night and kidnaps or eats the child that does not obey his/her parents or go to sleep when it is time to do so. However, the Spanish American bogeyman does not resemble the shapeless or hairy monster of Spain: social sciences professor Manuel Medrano says popular legend describes El cucuy as a small humanoid with glowing red eyes that hides in closets or under the bed. 'Some lore has him as a kid who was the victim of violence ... and now he’s alive, but he’s not,' Medrano said, citing Xavier Garza's 2004 book Creepy Creatures and other Cucuys."[6]

(fro http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sack_man#Sack_Man)

And I believe the "oldie but a goodie" Scare Zone will be The Dark Streets of London. It fits with Black Sabbath's maze, and it last appeared in 2008.

• Like 4

Murdy was very careful about the things he answered in his Q&A some time back and made sure to talk about La Llorona for a bit. It would be feasible that he worked with Diego Luna for the female, latin boogeyman. And now Guillermo Del Toro for the male, latin boogeyman as a sequel/spin off of sorts.

• Like 1

a scene could take place in a theater, they do have theaters in mexico and it kinda makes sense since the legend of El Cucuy was mainly used to discourage kids for going out at night, and you do tend to go to theaters after dark.

i know there's theaters in mexico...but a theater didn't really pop in my head when i thought of el cucuy, but it still makes sense. If this does come to fruition, I wonder how they'll make it different than LL.

Murdy was very careful about the things he answered in his Q&A some time back and made sure to talk about La Llorona for a bit. It would be feasible that he worked with Diego Luna for the female, latin boogeyman. And now Guillermo Del Toro for the male, latin boogeyman as a sequel/spin off of sorts.

yeah I noticed that too.

btw do we know which codename is being released at ScareLA saturday?

The more I google up on Del Toro, the stronger the case that he is the collaborator on Pumpkin. He and Murdy appear to be kindred spirits, and I wouldn't be surprised to find that they are now very close friends.

They both have a deep love and reverence for the Universal classic monsters, Frankenstein in particular. - In fact, Del Toro is set to start a remake of Frankenstein very soon (if not started already)

They both are MAJOR collectors of horror paraphernalia and oddities - Del Toro has a 2nd mansion for his "man cave", and it is crammed full of the stuff!

Here's a tour: http://youtu.be/r0WXqEl846k