Halloween Horror Nights (Hollywood) 2013 Speculation/Predictions

TCM, Halloween, NOES or F13 they are Slasher movies which was something born of the 80 that is still practiced today

Texas Chainsaw Massacre came out in 1974 and Halloween came out in 1978. As far as slashers go (a central mostly human antagonist with a 'hands on" role in the killing, on screen deaths, notable body count) the tradition started way before the 80s. One of my favorite all time slashers is Theater of Blood which came out in 1973. The phrase got some mainstream/GP attention in the 80s, but the style was codified before that. There was Blood Feast in 1963. Actually most of HG Lewis' work fits the definition of slasher. There was also Twitch of the Death Nerve in 1971 directed by Mario Bava, and before that was Blood and Black Lace in 1964. Sadly, Mario Bava died in 1980 before he saw the genre that owes so much to his craft take off.

Friday the 13th II's double impalement death is a direct reference to Twitch of the Death Nerve.

Edited by ferox
  • Like 1

Uh...guys, I think we forgot that this was the speculation thread for this year...not a movie debate thread. Let's try to get back on track here, shall we? *Hopes and prays no one tries to call me "dad" and rats me out for being a "bad mod"*

So anyway, here's Murdy's Twitter:

@horrornightsman No, all the stages on the front lot are booked for new NBC shows, that stage included

I want to say that it can be booked for later on in the year...but I'm assuming he's talking about 28. It won't show the question he's asking.

• Like 1

I checked that user's twitter and it seems to be private. Weird. He's been stopping just short of saying "No there will not be a soundstage this year." Maybe it serves as a red herring to hide where the other venue(s) is/are. The construction going on around 28 certainly looks like a maze. Well, we'll find out soon enough.

Oh yeah and you're a joke of a mod and I'll just leave this forum if you are gonna be this way etc. etc.

Texas Chainsaw Massacre came out in 1974 and Halloween came out in 1978. As far as slashers go (a central mostly human antagonist with a 'hands on" role in the killing, on screen deaths, notable body count) the tradition started way before the 80s. One of my favorite all time slashers is Theater of Blood which came out in 1973. The phrase got some mainstream/GP attention in the 80s, but the style was codified before that. There was Blood Feast in 1963. Actually most of HG Lewis' work fits the definition of slasher. There was also Twitch of the Death Nerve in 1971 directed by Mario Bava, and before that was Blood and Black Lace in 1964. Sadly, Mario Bava died in 1980 before he saw the genre that owes so much to his craft take off.

Friday the 13th II's double impalement death is a direct reference to Twitch of the Death Nerve.

ok born was a bad choice of words, mainstream is what I should used, you would agree with me Scream is not Classic horror. Anyways my point still stands about about what said about the IP relation to the event.

• Like 1

Anywho who cares about the rest my opinion no need to start the Civil War again. And for as far as James Wan goes the Conjuring is one movie which he didn't make the story out of creativity he used the Warrens Case Files and things the family told him. Aside from the first Saw and the Conjuring his movies suck. Anyways that was the last post on this by me dad Lol jk. Anti Insidious meeting in Grind's basement!

Well we already know what's coming today and based on your construction pics Freak without a doubt it's being constructed in JP. So anyway we will all have fun in here and hopefully it scares the living crap out of me!

Anywho who cares about the rest my opinion no need to start the Civil War again. And for as far as James Wan goes the Conjuring is one movie which he didn't make the story out of creativity he used the Warrens Case Files and things the family told him. Aside from the first Saw and the Conjuring his movies suck. Anyways that was the last post on this by me dad Lol jk. Anti Insidious meeting in Grind's basement!

Well we already know what's coming today and based on your construction pics Freak without a doubt it's being constructed in JP. So anyway we will all have fun in here and hopefully it scares the living crap out of me!

I've read Andrea Perron's book. He used the film as inspiration and as the groundwork for the film.

tumblr_lworriDCxZ1r1k2zzo1_500.jpg

Seriousily what the hell did I miss who's Dad are you? whats going on here who are youe people!!!!!!!!!!!!

and FYI it's in my garage this year.

10 minutes people look sharp!

Some dude (I think zombieman) went posted a long review for the Alice Cooper/Marilyn Manson concert (without any context) in the Horror Campout thread and Freak said called him out. Dude got all pissy and left the forums for good. Clearly, a great loss.

Speaking of Cooper...I wonder if the connection Murdy used to get a hold of Ozzy was Cooper? Or not, I know Sharon

Anyway...Rock Icon guess. James Brown=James Wan?

Teaser trailer uses footage from Insidious 2. Confirmed everybody's theory about that.